Countdown Beta?

Welcome To Astlan Forums The Apostles of Doom Countdown Beta?

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 262 total)
  • Author
    Tizzy

I am whipping T-A-G as fast I can but he keeps whining about money money money and wanting to eat, and have a “constructed” roof over his head (with walls even) and having to pay for Internet.

Pay for Internet? That’s just something in your head. Why would you have to pay for it? I don’t pay for it! Plus I love that freaky noise as I’m connecting to AOL.

I also love it when they tell me I’ve got male. Now truth be told, I’d probably rather have female, but company is company on a cold and stormy night. Any port in a storm and such.

I’ve told him to stop the eating thing, he’s got enough reserves for a winter or two, and I have pointed out several very nice caves he could live in, but no, he’s just whiny whiny whiny.

Ben

Glad to see you’re alive and well Tizzy. I was quite worried Lillith may have gotten to you – but of course Tommus would resque you!

Honestly! What is that TAG like! Hopefully beta-demonization will occur by the end of July

Racue

Tizzy my friend it sounds like you need to add abit of hellfire motivation to the whipping of TAG if regular whipping isn’t working anymore. Nothing like a little hellfire to put a bit of pep in a relacatrant persons step.

Tizzy

Ooh, hellfire!

That sounds so nice. I am going to put that in the suggestion box at the Doom Spa. Maybe a nice hellfire shower followed by dip in the alkali pool.

That would be a great addition to the place!

Iume

TAG, what’s the good word on beta? Hoping for the beginning of August, mid, end? Or is real life rearing it’s ugly head again?

I was hoping to have first pass, first draft done this week…but I’m getting bogged down (No, No, Boggy is not the problem, trust me)

I know exactly what to write, and there is a huge chunk of it to write, but it’s all very exciting stuff, but I just need to get several huge blocks of uninterrupted time to finish it….

To be fair, it is a LOT of words that have to be written, but I know exactly what they are and what needs to be said, and that’s the stuff that goes by fast, like 10,000 words per day fast.

That won’t happen this week, I fear. Hoping mid August. At that point I will open the Beta program up (it has been created) while doing a Second Pass of the book. This is a full edit read, just for clarity and to catch obvious mistakes. And then I release to beta.

If time runs short, I may release to beta without the Second Pass and do that during beta and incorporate feedback while doing the second pass.

Statuses:

I am really going to try to get the first pass done in the next 2 weeks. Meaning Beta start 3rd or 4th week of this month.

I have contacted the artist and we’ve worked out the details on the cover. Planning to have cover by Oct 1.

I have reached out to the editor to get her schedule, have not heard anything back yet. We shall see.

Assuming that all goes to plan, and you beta demons don’t shred the book to pieces causing a rewrite, (which could happen) then the plan would be to get it to editor around Oct 1 to mid October.

The goal would be to start presales on Nov. 1 for Dec 1 release.

I really want the demons lined up and ready for defense when Winter Comes. Don’t know why, but for some reason I’ve been dreading the fact that Winter is Coming.

There are four remaining major arcs to complete in the book, hope to do one today/tomorrow, 2nd Thursday/Friday, 3rd on the weekend, Fourth and Endgame next week. The fourth is the big one. Equivalent to the ending scenes of 1 and 2. Just bigger, more dramatic, more incredulable.

Also, assuming this schedule holds, I intend to resume work on Chronicles of Astlan, Into the Wilds during editing, over the holidays and January.

I will also be writing on Book 4 immediately after beta but will prioritize CoW:ITA

My hope would be to beta that in the spring, for a May/June release, July at the latest.

That would mean that Book 4 is looking at 12/1/17 as the earliest, possibly 1/1/18 or 2/1/18.

I am sort of thinking DoA should wrap up in 6 Books (plus Chronicles and other spin offs)

However, 7 volumes would be nice as that’s a prime number and is numerologically more satisfying. It’s also a very odd length for a series…but then DoA is not a series, it’s a single book.

Puck

Looking good then!

Cheats at cards?

CHEATS AT CARDS!!!!!!!

[size=6][color=red][u][i][b]CHEATS AT CARDS!!!!!!!!!!![/b][/i][/u][/color][/size]

You do know that cards are an essential way of life for bored demons? Those of us relegated to the “background” against our will spend a lot of time playing cards while Tom runs around playing with his djinni, Talarius and various personages of godlike nature.

So cheating at cards is one of the most insulting things you can say to a demon!!!!!

Although I did have to spend some time gardening recently. Rooting out varmints trying to abscond with the fruits of your herb garden is very time consuming work.

T-A-G is trying to get the first draft done before he heads on a short vacation on the 19th. It’s a steep climb. However, one way or the other it needs/must/will be ready for beta at the end of the month. Even if he is typing on vacation.

Filipham

I want to be a beta demon please. A big, mechanized one.. :d/

Pathologic

I, too, want to be a beta demon.

Tizzy

All posting here shall be spontaneously beta-demonized.

There will also be a link, as before and this time people should get some confirmation of the acceptance immediately. It will still take a bit of random time (an hour or two) for the forum topics to open, but the beta demon sections of the library and the download will become available up right away.

The delay is because the forum membership and site membership roles only sync every hour or two. Have not been able to speed that up. By and large it only matters during beta demonization.

T-A-G is in crazy overdrive trying to get a first draft done. He absolutely needs to start the beta process by the end of the month to have any chance of getting the book out this year.

Optimistically, if 1 month of beta, then 6 weeks of editor then 2 weeks of prep, that’s like 3 months: Sep, Oct, Nov-> Dec 1 release.

Last year Beta went for like 2 or 3 months, don’t recall…it was necessary, hopefully not this year, but we will know the amount of screeching and screaming, and general level of agony and torment coming from the beta demon pits.

You do realize that you will all be tossed into beta demon pits for the duration? You will need to battle each other to get your screams and demands heard, but for those that survive? Glory!

jmike010

Tizzy if you could sneak me into the beta demonization that would be awesome! Iwould settle for some demon weed too since your the best dealer in the multiverse.

Tizzy

Cool!

I can also assure you that in Book III we will be getting down into the weeds…so to speak.

Of course, part of that is because I discovered these dang varmints in my herb garden and had to deal with them.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 262 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.