Countdown Beta?

Welcome To Astlan Forums The Apostles of Doom Countdown Beta?

Viewing 7 posts - 256 through 262 (of 262 total)
  • Author

So got a note from the editor this morning.

Her schedule in December is going to get tight, but if I get it to her in November she can get it done in 3 to 4 weeks.

So…going to go into overdrive to get her a version in November and maybe send her updates later in the month as we change things.

So we should be good for Jan 1.

Ben

Oh great Tizzy I need you infinite wisdom. Why don’t I have an avatar picture? I uploaded one but doesn’t seem to be working!?!?!?!

Tizzy

So that’s with the profile update broken emails I emailed you about.

When we moved the server where it is, behind a real firewall, we started getting DNS rebinding issues with the avatars because of how the system stores them.

It’s been a pain in the butt that I can’t seem to fix.

So, what you need to do is delete your avatar first in the “main site” user profile and then in your forum profile. Make sure both are blank.

If you have trouble, I can do that.

Then you go to gravatar.com (Globally Recognizable Avatar) and create a free account, add the email address that you use here (the one that had deliver issues a bit ago) and then upload the avatar you want and associate it with the email address.

BTW if you don’t know about the email bouncing it’s probably because my personal email to you forwarding one of the bounce messages probably bounced, you may want to check to make sure your email address is correct/current in your account here.

Tizzy

Yeah could i request an Avatar Purge? can’t seem to find where to change/remove my forum avatar, but i think i got the main page avatar working.

Ben

[quote=Tizzy;4941]So that’s with the profile update broken emails I emailed you about.

When we moved the server where it is, behind a real firewall, we started getting DNS rebinding issues with the avatars because of how the system stores them.

It’s been a pain in the butt that I can’t seem to fix.

So, what you need to do is delete your avatar first in the “main site” user profile and then in your forum profile. Make sure both are blank.

If you have trouble, I can do that.

Then you go to gravatar.com (Globally Recognizable Avatar) and create a free account, add the email address that you use here (the one that had deliver issues a bit ago) and then upload the avatar you want and associate it with the email address.

BTW if you don’t know about the email bouncing it’s probably because my personal email to you forwarding one of the bounce messages probably bounced, you may want to check to make sure your email address is correct/current in your account here.

Tizzy[/quote]

Thanks Tizzy

I’ve done the Gravatar.com but and uploaded pic and linked it to my email address. What do I do next to make it appear in here?

[quote=Dirk Flamberge;5115]Yeah could i request an Avatar Purge? can’t seem to find where to change/remove my forum avatar, but i think i got the main page avatar working.[/quote]

Sorry, missed this! Will purge you!

OK, you should be purged Dirk.

Also, if you edit your forum user profile, you can enter the url of an image anywhere else on the Internet. The problem is just files uploaded to this server.

Viewing 7 posts - 256 through 262 (of 262 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.