Countdown Beta?

Welcome To Astlan Forums The Apostles of Doom Countdown Beta?

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 262 total)
  • Author
    Filipham

Question: is the beta book available? If so where do i find it?:)

Gelcube

[img=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23438110/Alpha%20Download.jpg]Alpha/Beta Download[/img]

Tizzy

Hey Gel-O!

Just got to thinking, there is a dispute in one of the topics in the AoD Forums about describing the size of one small room.

I think to settle it, we need a good volumetric measurement and it seems to me that you’d be perfect for the job!

I assume you can resort/reform into different molds, and knowing your own volume you could probably give us a good estimate, and probably the best description of the room.

If I can get you to the room, can you measure it and describe it?

Tizy

Gelcube

Hmm. I suppose I could, Tizzy. I’ve never done it before, but I don’t seen why not. An Ooze would probably do better, but to be perfectly honest, most of them are stupid.

Ben

[quote=Tizzy;4108]The following chant will teleport you to the hallway outside the room! (I fear it’s something of a tongue twister—hmm that could be a problem in that you don’t actually have a tongue…)

¥ë߶©¢Œ²çîyŠƒ ëߎ¤Ÿ¬»º°ÇØÏÌËãòÞÜêÿöåÍÑÐ˱µ»¬¡Ÿ€‡~†®­³×¿¼Í÷þûª£°ž•‹…Ùðõ£÷øçÐÆȶ¤žƒ

Thanks!

[/quote]

Oh dear Tizzy. Now you’re going to have Beta Demons teleporting in left, right and centre lol!

Tizzy

Well…pretty sure they were talking about the Inferno…so…:d/

Gelcube

Before I go on some random jaunt, I’ll need to attune a return charm. Luckily some adventurer “dropped” one…ok, well, she was quite yummy, and I got her stuff (swag, yay!).

Are there supposed to be any adventurers or anything in the room? If so, can I eat them? Is the room empty? If there’s any loose objects in there, that’s going to throw my volumes off.

…not to mention I’ll have to swallow them. If they’re delicate, they probably won’t make it.

Tizzy

Well, if, as I suspect the scene was from the Inferno, it’s in the abyss, so your dinner will just keep regenerating.

You may get a bit bloated from the infinite buffet.

Hmm, wonder if you would outgrow the room, eat others, who would regenerate continuously.

I suppose in an infinite amount of time you could take over the entire abyss.

Fortunately, knowing what is going on, I will have time to gather my gardening tools and get the hell out of Dodge…

Tizzy

The balloons drop after reading the [url=http://www.astlan.net/Th…stlesofDoomBetaBook.aspx]alpha [/url]

Lazy T-A-G hasn’t got the final chapters done yet.

He promised last night!

I gotta find out if I die!

Well, ok, since I really can’t die, I want to find out who else dies!

Iume

Ah delays. Hopefully tonight or this weekend, but I’d bet on weekend.

Gelcube

Ok, well, I’m back. That was kind of interesting. I didn’t stay long. No PlanarWebs there, so I had to come back to report.

So I ended up outside this metal door in a hallway. No one was in the hallway, so I used a pseudo-pod to open the door, and ooze in. The door was in the center of the wall of the room. The whole room was made of some kind of metal. The floor and door tasted kind of like steel, but I’m not too sure. There was some kind of faded-looking rug on the floor just as I slid in, but unfortunately I ate a little of it, so it looks even rattier than it did before. Also, there was some kind of thingy on the ceiling producing light.

I closed the door, and started spreading out. Floor area-wise, it was about 12′ long by 10′ wide, so about 120 square feet of floor space. A little narrow for a room, but would be roomy for a dungeon. There were two low benches…or what do humans call them? Beads? That thing they sleep in? So there were two beads parallel to the left and right walls with the the ends against the far wall.

Like I said, the room would have been nicely large for a dungeon, but the ceiling was slanted from the far end of the room about 2′ feet from the floor, up to the ceiling, about the center of the room. That cut the volume of the room by about a third. Volume-wise, the room was only about 715 cubic feet. I don’t know about that slanted ceiling. Maybe it was next to the outside wall or something. The slanted part was really hot, so whatever was on the other side I didn’t want to see.

I kind of ate the beads a little as well, but I wasn’t on them too long, so not too bad. Wait, aren’t beads something humans wear? Whatever, I’ll look it up later.

Funny thing is, someone popped in as I was firming back up. Was mumbling something about someone needing the room for someone? I don’t know, I didn’t pay much attention. I grappled him, and started in on my snack. The jerk didn’t even say “Hi”, just started screaming. Why do they do that? Anyway, I heard some boots coming down the hallway (metal is much noisier that stone), so I activated my return charm to report what I found. The guy I ate was really annoying, too. Kept asking me about a permit for hunting in a restricted area? And something about attacking and eating a citizen? Was that one of those Oorstemothians you and TAG keep telling us about? No wonder you want to eat them all. How annoying!

drank the potion where do I need to haul my scaled form to to consume Tag’s pre writings?

Iume

[quote=Oryn_starheart ;4308]drank the potion where do I need to haul my scaled form to to consume Tag’s pre writings?[/quote]

http://www.astlan.net/TheBooks/TheApostlesofDoomBetaBook.aspx

Well, it’s going to be close, and it’s going to depend on the editor’s schedule and the holidays. She won’t be getting the book Nov 1, not sure how long after that and what her schedule is like.

When I had her do the revision for book 1, that was Jan 1 and she wasn’t busy and it took her 4 weeks. For Book 2, that was August and she was busy and that took 6 weeks.

She is not busy now, and she says this is her slow season, so that means 4 weeks….but there are holidays. So I don’t know at the moment

I would really like to have it out then, but the holidays are a big “if”

That’s OK. Just wanted to have an update.o:)

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 262 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.