Time Frame on next book

Welcome To Astlan Forums Into The Abyss Time Frame on next book

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 282 total)
  • Author
    Madfox11

[quote=Tizzy;1553]No idea what that means, I’ve reread and I think it represents a crossed meaning between posts.

You were making the point about why would some go to so much work to create shapeshifting buildings, and have one “shape” be a collapsed ruin…because it wouldn’t serve one’s vanity.

People build palaces out of vanity, not ruins.

And Madfoxii was countering with the point, demons like to destroy things, in particular, nice things. So building nice buildings only to subsequently destroy them is not necessarily against one’s vanity.

I.e. one can imagine a demon so vane that they want people to know they have so much power, they can afford to destroy their own palaces…

I think….[/quote]

Yeah, that was my point 😉 I would even go so far as to say that if normal rich humans on Earth think ruins are the epitome of beauty willing to spend tons of money on building fake ruins in their gardens out of vanity*, then I would say that demons are even more likely to build ruins out of vanity 😉

* Take a look at some of the follies the English lords build in their gardens 😉

Tizzy

Excellent point.

Plus just think about all the faux urban decay people build.

Rosver

Hah! Twisted logic.

Hey! When humans speak of ruins they mean this:

[img=http://www.walksofitaly.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/DSC_0247.jpg]Temple of Hera[/img]

or

[img=https://jerrye35.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/100_0039.jpg]Chacchoben Mayan Ruins[/img]

Not:

[img=http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2013/04/30/garment_factory-50ce7f45d6e6086e4f47bf37fe422e8172cfbd75.jpg]Rubbles[/img]

or

[img=http://www9.pcmag.com/media/images/155352-sxsw-2007-photo-blog-rubble-the-old-intel-building.jpg]Collapsed Building[/img]

They have very different aesthetics. They are technically all ruins, but since the book says collapsed buildings, the latter two is what applied. These actually shows that the owners are destitute. I mean, building more palaces rather than breaking them would made more of a statement. After all to an outsider, it would look like their enemies had got them and made havoc of their domicile.

shakez

Ahh it didnt let me verify my first account still want to beta read

[size=5][color=red]Shakez4[/color][/size]

Tizzy

What did it do? Or not do?

I can reset any account. Is it the same email address as this account? If not shoot me an email from the one that you want it attached to…or…I can delete the old one/rename this one. tizzy (at) astlan (dot) net

ziipoo

[color=red]Demon thou shall know that i’m hereby requesting to be part of this beta that thou has spoken of.[/color]

*Wow cant get the blood to stop flowing, maybe a knife to the chest for blood was to much*

[color=red]HURRY FOUL DEMON MY TIME IS FINITE!!!!!!! [/color]

Tizzy

Oops, I think it is…gotta be careful which way you cut your wrists…

Don’t worry, I’ve got some friends who’ll stop by and lap up the mess. So at least you’ll be a tidy corpse…

This past volume showed tremendous promise and I’m especially looking forward to the next installment. If you guys still need some beta…opps! Almost forgot, hmm, it’s around here somewhere. Yup, right next to the milk. Now where was I, ah yes, just a dab on the end of my claw. Sorry, just a wee slip of the tongue. I meant my nail of course! Well, if you guys need beta test readers, send me a PM or email.

Cheers,
    [color=red]Tranquility[/color]

If it’s quite alright I’d very much enjoy to be a part of the beta and help out. I hope you don’t mind Tizzy but I’ll just Embed the required Soul of payment in a Blood red word link

– [url=http://image.automobilemag.com/f/67240555+w462+h289+cr1+ar0/front_&_driver_side_view.jpg][b][color=darkred]Dirk Flamberge[/color][/b][/url]

Rosver

This is quicky filled with virtual red ink.

Just wondering about any updates for book 2. I also could be a beta reader if any are needed

JMX

[quote=Tizzy;1555]Excellent shade of blood in your request![/quote]

I would also like to sign up for beta reading. Thank you kindly.

[color=red]JMX[/color]

[color=darkred]On a side note, I always figure if I came into a lot of money say for example winning the lottery I would just set up a booth and pay people for their souls.

500-10,000 dollars per contract depending on quality of course. (Maybe a soul credit check)I figure most people would think its a joke thus it’s free money. On top of that it wouldn’t come into effect until after they die so again most people wouldn’t care. It will be easy to target non-religious people. maybe I should start at a liberal arts college.. Set a booth up titled “free money-Sign Here”.

So if I am wrong I lose a little money and if I am right I get a large quantity of free souls with no work involved. Of course this action makes multiple assumptions on the nature of the universe.[/color]

[color=green]Beta, eh? I suppose I’d sacrifice my soul for that.

Will this work?

I, Arad an-Bás, being of relatively sound mind and body, do hereby agree to the transfer and ownership of my immortal soul to Tizzy, to be delivered upon the time the beta is given. I relinquish all right and privileges of the soul with which I was born, for all time and eternity, barring nothing. [/color]

[color=green]Signed,
    [/color][size=8][color=black][i]Arad an-Bás[/i][/color][/size]

[color=green]Oh, yeah my blood is black. Also, I feel honor-bound to mention that touching my soul may drive you irrevocably insane, and may also cause you to burst into flame. However, I’m sure you’re powerful enough to stand it.[/color]

Tizzy

Hmm, not sure what your blood will do to me. Since I am, after all the purest incarnation of sanity, the baseline by which it is measured everywhere, it could have the interesting affect of shifting everyone else insane.

Speaking of selling ones soul at a booth, up above, it really reminded me of a very cheesy 70’s sitcom that lasted less than a year called “A Year at the Top”

In it the Devil was an agent (mainly for musicians, but presumably others, I don’t recall) and in exchange for your soul, you got a year at the top of your field, mainly the Charts. I really enjoyed it. If I hadn’t been buying and selling souls for several millenia, it might have inspired me to get into the business.

JMX

[quote=Tizzy;1632]Hmm, not sure what your blood will do to me. Since I am, after all the purest incarnation of sanity, the baseline by which it is measured everywhere, it could have the interesting affect of shifting everyone else insane.

Speaking of selling ones soul at a booth, up above, it really reminded me of a very cheesy 70’s sitcom that lasted less than a year called “A Year at the Top”

In it the Devil was an agent (mainly for musicians, but presumably others, I don’t recall) and in exchange for your soul, you got a year at the top of your field, mainly the Charts. I really enjoyed it. If I hadn’t been buying and selling souls for several millenia, it might have inspired me to get into the business.

[/quote]

Well my plan I think would be a lot cheaper with a one time payment. However it would probably be a horrible show.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 282 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.