Time Frame on next book

Welcome To Astlan Forums Into The Abyss Time Frame on next book

Viewing 12 posts - 271 through 282 (of 282 total)
  • Author
    Tizzy

Fine for beta…that should be starting soon according to T-A-G.

I am going to create a Beta Forum for him soon. He just wants me to hold off so people don’t get too excited too fast.

The beta thing is not for everyone. IN THAT: While anyone in the forums that wants to can be a beta demon, as T-A-G will explain in the opening to the beta forum why one might not want to be a beta demon, and why it will be locked to beta demons only.

Mainly, it’s because it exposes you to the “Infinite Worlds of Maybe” Beta demons may end up traveling down alternate–dead end–timelines that get wiped out by the ‘final timeline.’

E.g. when something bad happens and then someone from the near future goes back and makes sure that bad thing didn’t happen and then in the new ‘official’ timeline that bad thing didn’t happen, the time traveler ends remembering both realities.

In other words, being a beta demon may expose people to information/event/plot destroying horribleness that doesn’t actually ever happen in the real world (of Astlan/TheAbyss) but you just thought it happened for a while, like a bad dream.

This can bother some people. You have to be able to live with possibly having knowledge of these universes, but you can’t ever tell anyone because 1) no one would believe you and they would lock up and away from gen-pop and 2) My demon buddies would hunt you down and eat your soul.

Anyway, so as of last word on progress, that’s on the front page, there are now hard deadlines. Given that the deadlines are further out than he’d planned, T-A-G is taking time before the beta program to go back and clean things up/improve consistency and then optimize the ‘wrap up’ for Book ii

This is actually kind of important because what he had planned to do in book ii is now what is book ii + book iii, in that it turns out that in order to get to where book ii was supposed to go…has taken a lot more story than planned and the old end of book ii is now the end of book iii. I think this was bad planning on T-A-G’s part. But in the end, I think it has improved the multiverse.

To give you a hint of the detail.

Book I took place over a period of 30 Astlanian days. I.e. 1.5 Anuropian Quarter Months I am not sure how many people realized that.
    Book II takes place over basically 10 more days. So Book 1 and 2 together last 1 Uropian month.

Word counts are going to be very similar (Dead Tree page limit for on demand printing)

In other words, book II maintains the speed of action at the end of book I, we are not slowing down. Although [SPOILER]we did get to take a nice lava bath…and play some relaxing games of whist![/SPOILER]

Tizzy

Yeah, I will send out emails for people to confirm and then there will be a beta demon only forum for discussion, access.

He said mid May, but it will probably be end of May…timelines shifted when Editor said she couldn’t touch it until July 1….

So T-A-G is going back and filling in the timeline with more detail scenes etc.

Tizzy

Oohh Three finger is being sneaky and updated his 6 month old post to be in red so it looks like he was ahead of the game on the blood contract!

Got the email message of a new post and I’m like where is it? It was an edit….oooh very demonic trying to go back and change the past!

=d>

Myzifer

This is only series that’s hooked me so bad that I’m regularly tracking the progress for release updates, I’d sign up for beta reading just to get access to it sooner but I’d rather hold out and wait for the finalised product although if there was a way to pre-order the book to get a copy as soon as it’s been finished then I’d sell my soul to get it as soon as humanly or better yet inhumanly possible.

Tizzy

Now that’s the sort of sale I love to make!

I think that’s a good position on the beta process for a lot of people. I think of it sort of like all the billions of cuts of Blade Runner. At some point, pick a version of the story and stick with it already!

Good news is that there isn’t too much downtime between when it comes back from the editor and when it goes on sale. Basically it comes back and T-A-G goes over the edits and approves (or disapproves) the edits and deals with the comments from the editor. Typically this is a couple days. Then it’s just formatting and testing the layout which is surprisingly painful, but a couple days, then it’s on sale.

Threefinger

Well when you find a way to edit the timestream you may as well go for it! One of these days I will catch up to that blue box flying bastard and steal me a neat magical screwdriver.

Tizzy

Ah, you’ve met the bastard in the blue box!

He’s quite annoying stopped me from world domination a couple times. Most annoying chap!

Grant

so when does Beta testing start? i cant wait am so excited

Tizzy

Soon. T-A-G has to get it to the Editor the beginning of July…

The goal had been June 1, but T-A-G was out of pocket the last week with graduation ceremonies and parties for family he had to attend that were 333 1/3 leagues away, and his magic carpet apparently had holes in it, so he had to take his magic wagon thing over the ground…

So he’s got one crazy weekend ahead of him and maybe a few more days. He’s in over drive to try to start it in about a week or so…

If I were not a demon, I’d ask you to pray to a deity of your choice for him, but since said deities are more likely to screw one over than help one, in my experience, I’ll simply ask you to cross your fingers and toss salt over your shoulder…

JMX

I am very excited and the anticipation is killing me. With TAG being so active and having a well formed world I don’t have to worry about it being like the slap in the face that was the blood song sequel.

Iblees

Can we pre-order the second book on Amazon?

The second book is going to the editor today the great beta session took a bit a little bit longer than planned (because I’d never done one before).
    Until she has a good first look at it she won’t have a hard estimate of the time and even then there are some variability.

I will announce the book/start pre-orders once I get it back and thus have a good idea on the release date.

Right now it looks the second half of September.

Viewing 12 posts - 271 through 282 (of 282 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.