Rambles and Speculations

Welcome To Astlan Forums The Apostles of Doom Rambles and Speculations

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 347 total)
  • Author
    Gelcube

[quote=EyeDeKay;3770]Wonder if there are any planes that are the opposite of my current one history wise? Like a never defeated roman empire. Or America losing any wars they won revolutionary or civil etc.[/quote]

Well, I’ve glimpsed planes like that. I’ve seen the one about the Roman Empire never falling. But the other one? I haven’t seen it, but really the opposite would be the Native American Nations invading Europe.

…now THAT would be an interesting story.

Tizzy

Hmm, ghoulash??? Think you forgot the space. :-$

[SPOILER]
    I think your going to see a lot of ghoul ash in book 3. Hint Hint.
    [/SPOILER]

Tizzy

I am simply speaking in generalities, and advising who it is safe to compare to a politician. I understood the point, just wanted to ensure your safety.

Although to be fair, the splattering part was thinking about humans doing it. Not sure it is overly productive, and in fact, it may be counterproductive to try and aplat a Gelatinous Cube, since they could just reform, assuming they didn’t cling to you and try to consume you.

Now, this would be bad for an orc. So they should not try this. It would be interesting to see if a D’Orc regenerated faster than a cube could dissolve him/her.

Hmm…same is true for demons.

Please do not go enlist with Lilith!!!!! This could be a truly hellish torture! Eternal consumption!

As for mana pools…yes…this has been something vexing demons for some time. it is essentially what sets demons and gods apart (and gods and avatars) who has and who controls a god pool? And then there are Pantheon Pools of course…

If a demon could make a god pool, would he or she not be a god? Of course, there is that whole worshiper business. If one didn’t want to hassle with that, one would have to figure out some other mechanism for charging one’s “god pool” or “demon pool” as the case may be.

One tricky fact however is that most god pools seem to reside in the outer planes (or so we all believe) where there are no real gems. Only refleca gems…not sure how effective a refleca gem would be…

Tizzy

See! This is why I am so angry with T-A-G! He’s got people thinking I’m some sort of interdimensional drug lord.

People start to think I’m like that tunneling guy from Mexico, only instead of El Chapo, they’re calling me El Crapo!

Not amused!!!!

Tizzy

Crunchyroll?

Sounds like an all you can stream tempura maki (sushi) service…

Oooh, close…anime…not that far off. Anime’s nice enough, but I’d really prefer an on-demand maki service…course I’d like the option for some nigiri as well, unagi and tomago in particular…

Dramafever…ooh that’s interesting Korean melodrama…wonder if there’s a filipino one…

The problem I have in the Abyss is that not all of these services are available here.

Hell, we only got Netflix streaming last year; prior to that we could only get the DVD service, and of course, being the Abyss it was delivered by the post office, and not FedEx or UPS.

Now Amazon on the other hand, they’ve got an army of demon sprites that can deliver same day as part of their Amazon DAMNED! service. Apparently the owner, ArchDemon Bezos is planning on user a similar idea on tech worlds with some sort of robot demons or something.

Puck

Oohh, I like that! Theirs got to be some hidden room or something that Orcus had. I mean, he was an animage right? >_> Or maybe Djinn teach it? Their are Djinn taught spells!

Puck

Makes perfect sense

Gelcube

You know, something else just occurred to me. We’ve speculated about Talarius in all this. But what about Tom? He definitely has a White Knight thing going on. There’s no way he’d let her stay a prisoner knowing she’s being tortured.

SO…

I’ve been thinking that Talarius would be the one to drag Tom into this. But what if TOM hears about it first, and drags Talarius into it? Especially if he hears about it before Asmodeus and Lilith set up their trap? Tom hasn’t been very proactive yet, but I’d really like to see this happen. Tom hearing about the damsel in distress, and heading out to save her. He might not even have her name, and thus Talarius wouldn’t even know who they were after until he SAW her.

Ooooooo. Dun-dun-DUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!!

Gelcube

Yeah, I guess magic would work a better interface than tech in most instances.

Still, having the internet in your head all the time would be incredibly distracting. Unless, of course, you have a Pentium in there!

You should tell Tom about your forum posts. Since he’s from a mid-tech Earth, he may even know what your talking about. Maybe you can teach him how, and he’ll post here too!

Tizzy

8-[ ](*,)

Ack Ack! Oh my demon!

I just reread my last post and I sound exactly like Phaestus!!!!!

It’s been so long since he and I have argued this point, at least 10,000 years or more that I hadn’t realized I’d absorbed his talking points!

As perhaps the greatest magineer in the history of the multiverse, and a god himself who hangs out with other gods…he clearly has to know about the Outer Planes and how to manipulate them…

However, he was always very cagey when any of us would ask him about it, and trust me, during the two great construction projects, we talked about this a lot…and actually, he and Volund must have used some of this knowledge in creating that thing you don’t know about and can’t know about until book 3….

Hmmm, I probably should have paid more attention, but frankly those sleestak wizards gave me the creeps….so I stayed away a lot when they were around and he’d have been working on his extra dimensional engineering. I wonder if Orcus paid any attention? I’m sure the D’Orcs didn’t, well, except maybe for some of the high tech ones and those sneaky animage light saber wielding ones….

Not sure though if any of them are still alive, so I may have to reopen this argument with Phaestus. Where is he? Ah crap, tonight’s the night [SPOILER]he and Tom are going to dinner with the cookie haters at the Outpost[/SPOILER]

Nok’umbri

Hear, hear!
    We need our “fix,” souls just aren’t even close to a well-written, good length book that sucks you in!
    Does TAG need additional “encouragement?”

Mikey

[quote=Tizzy;3591]an executive from ABC Standards and Practices.[/quote]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPsjdxURAYI[/youtube]
    [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vahmSjnpXgg[/youtube]

Yes, I debated about the (n). But I finally decided that I liked the way adding the n made it sound to someone in English. In German it would be pronounced so quickly that I doubt you’d notice it one way or the other when speaking. But an English speaker would pronounce it much slower, more like two words.

German is a remarkable language for its ability to concatenate words to provide single words with richer meaning. For example all sorts of emotions like schadenfreude. It’s positively brilliant. I wish English had more words to describe complex things simply.

Tizzy

Two can play that game T-A-G!!!!

[SPOILER]
    It also assumes that Talarius hasn’t wandered out of the Abyss when they get around to looking for him!
    :-$
    [/SPOILER]

Skaar

Torture does get tedious, personally I like to rip off a leg and watch and see how far they get before the blood loss kicks in, that’s definitely a great party game

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 347 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.