Rambles and Speculations

Welcome To Astlan Forums The Apostles of Doom Rambles and Speculations

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 347 total)
  • Author
    Winter

[quote=Tizzy;3388]Exactly. They are very entertaining, and tasty, sometimes a bit dry and cardboard like; sort of like a saltine cracker.

Winter, so glad you finally got here! It seems like it’s been years now; people kept telling me you were coming, “Winter is Coming! Winter is Coming” but then it seemed like you’d never show up. Just so thrilled you finally got here!

[/quote]

yeah sorry bout that, ive been with my accursed mistress

that whole winter is coming thing is mostly a contextual mistake, people can usually feel or hear me coming from a mile or two away

its a succubus’ lot in life

o:)

Tizzy

Ahh, didn’t quite catch that you were a succubus, had been going to make the same jokes but didn’t want to accidentally offend you; however, now I realize it would have been a compliment.

I wonder if Tom can hire incubus’ and succubus’ for his PR team, you know, sort of like the pharmaceutical reps do.

Hmm, in terms of marketing people, Lilith has an entire dungeon full of lost souls condemned to make power points that are never approved and always need correction for all of eternity. He could probably lure a few of those folks away, especially if he promised to approve at least one presentation per hundred years; it’s a far better deal than they get now.

Also, they are using PowerPoint 1.0 on Windows 3.0; so if he promised to upgrade them to PowerPoint ’97, he’d get a lot of people.

It’s not a pleasant dungeon; although better than where she keeps her accountants; they’re using Lotus 1-2-3 for DOS; and Lilith’s Tech Team keeps upgrading their DOS version, which, naturally, breaks Lotus 1-2-3. As they used to say at Microsoft: “DOS isn’t done until Lotus won’t run!”

Tizzy

OK, that is gonzo weird!

How do you manage to have a video for everything?

Do like live in the YouTube Data Center basement or something? Where all the weird videos slowly drip down from the servers above?

Mikey

[quote=Tizzy;3393]Do like live in the YouTube Data Center basement or something?[/quote]
    The visual makes it easy to relate to others’ model of the world:
    [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXllcQUAA_s[/youtube]

Mikey

[quote=Tizzy;3395]That is a very concise and easy to understand summary of the true crime novel that Trisfelt was reading when he met Hilda. Wonder if he’s balled that?[/quote]

You mean the dramatic events leading to the untimely death of “him who shall not be Nair’d?”

Tizzy

Yes, the Noseless One!

Mikey

[quote=Winter;3390]its a succubus’ lot in life[/quote]

Winter, is this from Mikado, or from some other Gilbert and Sullivan operetta?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SkOWxcbzn0[/youtube]

ok this speculation is probably wrong, but could seem kinda spoilerish, so be warned.

I think tom is the missing lord demons son, with rupert being his little brother. after not dieing in the explosion toms father was pulled back and bound as the first , or one of the first demons. as time manipulation is potentially part of this series. would explain why Rupert looks like Tom , and why hes a class 4 demon. Of course he could really be tom’s son, they due have ftl equipment that no one knows really how to use, tachyons and all.

Saying all this I’m just trying to read between the lines I have read library’s worth of fiction and don’t know the author beyond living in his head through his works

Signed, Oryn Starheart
    Demon of Metals and Radiation

Winter

[quote=Mikey;3401][quote=Winter;3390]its a succubus’ lot in life[/quote]

Winter, is this from Mikado, or from some other Gilbert and Sullivan operetta?[/quote]

Looks like Mikado to me, not really sure though been along time since i seen it in person

Puck

Tom breathing Clouds of Disintegration : I

Gelcube

Oooo, that would be cool! He really does need more special effects. Dark, smoky flames coming from his wings, glowing red eyes, sparkles of lightning in the smoky flames, that kind of thing.

Gelcube

So here’s a question. Can an animage cast something similar to a CoD? Or, can an animage learn to cast the wizard spell CoD?

Skaar

Tom definitely needs some new skills and abilities, I mean look who he’s up against archdemons, avatars, Demon Princes, Gods and now he’s pissed off the chaos lords

Tizzy

Well, with animages, “anything is possible” however, it may not be practical.

Someone, somewhere came up with the spell, so presumably that spell is “prepackaged animagic” so presumably it could be reverse engineered to something an animage, or more likely, a group of animages linked together could do.

A COD is very dangerous, it is doubtful to me that a single animage could control and direct it, it would take a group of animages linked together and fully coordinated and rehearsed working together. And one would probably assume that was how the very first one came about.

The aniwizards were really the first wizards that figured out how to package animagic into spells, I assume they may have done this; but there are lots of possibilities.

Skaar

Or find a lost tomb that holds the ancient knowledge and techniques of the Anilords, Time Warriors, and Mind Reavers

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 347 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.