Rambles and Speculations

Welcome To Astlan Forums The Apostles of Doom Rambles and Speculations

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 347 total)
  • Author
    Bradyman

I am just wondering, T-A-G mentioned orcgres can there be d’orcgres? If so, Tom really needs to recruit a couple.

Also, I am really interested in seeing more of St. Hilda. As much as I want to see Tiernon taken down, I don’t see how she could survive it. It seems like a lot of his followers are pretty good people, and at least of couple of his avatars. Is there any way for an avatar to switch who they follow, or are they intrinsically attached to their patron? Since Hilda isn’t as focused on demon slaying as certain other members of her religion, (that happen to be prisoners in the Abyss at this time), I can see her eventually realizing that Tom is not the bad guy, and if at all possible, siding with the Nyjyr Ennead when they take on Tiernon. I really want to see her on the less evil side( I was going to say good, but that doesn’t describe the FOE very well)

Gelcube

Oooh! Something else I hope we see in AOD.

In ITA, when Jehenna and Lenamare are in Freehold trying to find out where The Book is, Jehenna mentions that Lenamare could send his other demons on a wide scan search, and Lenamare gives a listing of his more reliable demons. “I’ve only got two thirds, three seconds, and three firsts.”

Will we get to meet these other demons in AOD, or the short stories? I wonder if he will send one of his other demons to find Tom? I still say Tom can break those master/slave links. What if he broke Lenamare’s links to his other demons? Just stole them from him?

Regardless, it’d be interesting to get another account of Lenamare from another demon’s viewpoint.

Gelcube

Virgin or not, they all taste like chicken.

Yes, we tend to get pieces cut off and just grow another. If I see anymore of the little buggers around here, I’ll absorb them, too! As a species, we’re not the most…cooperative. Still, occasionally a couple of us will end up meeting, and we’ll swap pseudopods. A little slimy pseudopod action…mmm. I’m sure you’ve seen those moving pictures on the internet. There’s a Rule 34 for everything!

Tom will take some management to get him to conquer the Astlan plane, but we have faith in you, Tizzy!

Al’mudo

[quote=Tizzy;2994]

Very odd how normal alcohol doesn’t really affect demons, we have to have Denubian Choco-Coffee(TM), x-glargh, blood wine or several other demonic beverages; whereas avatars seem to be affected by normal alcohol. Or at least the ones in the second book really enjoy it.

[/quote]

Was wondering the same…maybe the angels need the x-beverages and other avatars can get drunk…or are those senior archons angels too??

Tizzy

Well, I’ve never met any of these fellows so not sure.

However, there are basically three types of avatars (mostly):

Prophets (living),
    Saints (formerly living),
    Archons=Angel/Dark Angel (presumably never living but people make the same assumption about demons, so who knows?) [as far as I know the Etonians don’t have angels, or rather they call them Archons different religions have different titles]

Also according to T-A-G, Beragamos sprouted wings and flew to the Palaestra, so pretty sure he’s an angel.

It’s not clear to me if saints move up to become angels?

Perhaps if a saint hangs around long enough, does enough good work they get promoted, a little bell rings and they get wings?

Not sure, but it sounded like the angels/archons were getting drunk.

I do however KNOW that gods can be affected by normal alcohol. There are tons of stories (myths) about gods getting drunk off their buttocks and doing stupid things. It’s caused an awful lot of misery for the rest of reality.

In particular Phaestus’ family members (particularly Dionysus) are renowned for their drunken debauchery.

Gelcube

Ok, quick question. Do the Denubians require it to be Denubian Choco-Coffee(TM), or Denubian Choco-Coffeeâ„¢?

Tizzy

As you will see, there are plenty of work rooms and spaces in Mount Doom.

Orcus did have a good number of D’Orc shamans as well as human (and other) animages, rune mages etc.

Bradyman

Okay, thats good, I didn’t want Lenamare to be able to look at his school records and then be able to capture Rupert and interrogate him.

Nok’umbri

So…just re-read the Library of Doom article on Animus and Antimus…

](*,) I don’t know how I missed this before.. ](*,)

Could the Knights of Chaos be Antimus-based beings? :-s

Gelcube

So, in THH, Exador says, “Actually, things are much simpler now; there is nothing left to hide. The gloves are coming off. We are going to seize the book from Lenamare and the Council even if we have to flatten Freehold to do it.”

This sounds as if all three are about the gear up and flatten Freehold sooner, rather than later. At the same time, The Inferno is preparing to depart for the Abyss, and the Nimbus is closing in. Lilith is currently reeling from her defeat, but she was using secret resources, not her public resources, so she’s only inconvenienced. While timing is still nebulous, it appears there could be up to three assaults at around the same time, in different places. Exad’oh and company on Freehold, The Inferno on the Courts of Chaos, and Lilith on Mount Doom.

If Ramalama and friends attack Freehold in force, I can see Damien requesting support and help from Tom. Maybe Vaselle as well? I doubt Tom would be able to throw away Vaselle like Orcus did his warlocks. I doubt he’d send all his forces to help, but a few hundred D’orcs could make a difference.

If the Inferno approaches the Courts, they’ll likely try to serve warrants, finding out about Tom and Mount Doom. There’ll be questions on whether they’ll treat with Sammael or Lilith. Could go a couple of different ways there, but end result is them headed toward Doom as well. Lilith is likely to coordinate an attack at the same time. Of course, they could just start attacking, in which case, they’d go up against everyone there at the time. Likely deadly to them, but I don’t see that happening at the moment.

The Nimbus. That’s an odd one. It appears they have a link there in Murgatroy, and may be able to cross over to the Abyss from there. Not sure, though. Guess it depends on if they force or trick Gastrope’ to summon Tizzy. Or they could continue their search for Bess. Really sounds like they’re zeroing in on Mount Doom, though.

Speaking of the Nyjyr Ennead, they just moved some forces, so they may be on the move as well. But will they focus on Astlan, or Tierhallon? Either way, it seems Bess and Tom are starting to circle each other, so they may be meeting up soon, possibly dragging Doom into their conflict.

And then there’s Djinnistan. Exfoliant just declared war on the entire djinn race, as the djinn re-established relations with Doom. Will the djinn focus on Freehold, or Doom? I think for them, Doom is lower priority item. Exadoofus made himself very unpopular with them, so likely they’ll concentrate more on Freehold.

Argh, so many questions!

People would probably hang themselves when they have to read a whole book of law-speak:-#
    OTOH good for the Abyss: Many souls in a state of utter desperation:d/
    So all around a win-win situation.

Mikey

[quote=Tizzy;3179][color=red][size=4]b[/size]…[size=5]u[/size]…[size=6]t[/size]…[size=7]t[/size]…[size=8]a[/size]…[size=9]H[b]![/b][/size][/color][/quote]

[quote=Tizzy;3179]Wouldn’t that be fun? Tom could try to have them evicted as squatters![/quote]

As the demons say, “Possession is nine-tenths of the law”. Also, “Your mother sucks cocks in hell.”

Skaar

As sure as I am that you’d take a bullet for the team handling that burden, I think this is one Tom’s going to have handle, I mean he already died a virgin, I believe he should lose his V card with a hot chick who also still has her V card.I mean think about it everyone in the abyss has about a billion years worth of experience and at level one. She would be the perfect partner to level up with, well her and Zelda( think she might also have a thing for him)

Korwin

[quote=Iume;3185]Man, everything you’re saying is just having me jonseying for book 3. As a drug and vice dealing demon can ya hook me up with some Tizzy? I’ve got Please Don’t Tell My Parents I’ve Got Henchmen in February, Marked in Flesh in March, and a weekly dosage of Innkeeper Chronicles, but nothing after that. I’m getting withdrawals here.[/quote]What only one book per month… How are you surviving?

Tizzy

Hmmm,

Maybe 2 or three fiends with barbed whips would encourage him. A thousand lashes from each?

I mean it would certainly work for me, a good massage always relaxes me and gets the bodily fluids (blood & sweat) running (down my back)

But humans are so soft and squishy. I wonder if continuous wincing from the searing pain of the lashing would make it difficult to type? Or induce extra typos that would require more proofing?

Hmm. Tough call!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 347 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.