Rambles and Speculations

Welcome To Astlan Forums The Apostles of Doom Rambles and Speculations

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 347 total)
  • Author
    Tizzy

The cookies are very good in Denubian Choco-Coffee(TM)!

Elves don’t normally burn people at the stake. The tie them to a tree and then turn them into pincushions with arrows.

The (Green) Arrow (on CW) thinks he knows how to torture people with arrows, but he’s got nothing on elves. Wicked nasty unpleasant people.

Good idea for the Doom band. Will suggest it to them!

Tizzy

Well, it’s a question of what you can do, either will work. They prefer the superscript, of course, but since that’s a magic that I don’t know, I use the parenthesis.

Gelcube

That’s actually a very simple incantation. For a copy of the balling of when Jenn finds out about Tom, I’ll show it to you. o:)

Tizzy

In order to get that I am going to have to stalk her with a crystal ball. You do know that’s going to make her a bit paranoid that something is up?

After all Jenn’s seen I wouldn’t be surprised if she didn’t even care

Tizzy

I think he meant the werewolves are in a different book/series.

I should imagine there are werewolves in Astlan, since the word exists in their languages or at least I can say it and people know what I mean, so I assume the myths exists, and if a myth exists, it must be true.

Well from what I read, Asmodeus has plans to use her against Talarius, and probably Tom too. He said he had located her.

Those guys are Tiernon’s apostles I would guess. Not sure it’s an exactly accurate title.

Although if you treat the word apostle as being a sort of synonym for harbinger then they would be harbingers of doom aka apostles of doom as well.

Of course, strictly speaking, apostles are followers and harbingers go ahead. In one mythology I read about, the Harbinger was a guy named John the Dunker (he went around dunking people’s head under water in rivers) and he was a harbinger for a prophesied messiah. Then after that messiah came and violently went (as they so often do) his apostles Peter, Paul and Mary went around singing about him, his love, lemon trees and his magic dragon.

So maybe the next book should be called Harbingers of Doom. It sounds so much more ominous, and you so seldom get to use that word. However, it doesn’t roll of the tongue quite as well.

Gelcube

It would really be neat to see some werewolves in AOD. I’ve always thought they were much cooler than vampires. Vampires always remind me of leeches or mosquitoes. Plus, Warren Zevon didn’t do a “Vampires of London”, did he? I’d think that werewolves would be an integral part of the FOE…if they’re not just a myth in Astlan.

I suspect (because I’m a cynical Cube), that the Talarius/True Love adventure will occur in Book 4. We’ll need an awesome cliffhanger for Book 3, and Talarius finding out about his True Love right at the end of AOD will do that nicely. Dun-dun-DUUUUUN!!!

Tizzy

There you go, stereo typing good and evil…why do you assume there are no good guy werewolves?

And I’m sorry but if you are a werewolf and you live in London or Paris and want a snack, you got what? Rats, dogs, cats and humans. Clearly humans make the most sense for a full meal.

Sure, some cops might have horses, but not that many of them, they’d be harder to find.

So if you are looking for a good meal, you need to chowdown on someone in a dark alley, park or subway, no other options.

And if you think that’s evil, well, I point out that neither werewolves nor vampires are maintaining giant feedlots of people, nor raising them in tiny cages where they can’t turn around.

Nor do they use semi-automatic rifles to hunt. They realize such things (feedlots, military weaponry) are not sportsmanlike and ruins the “thrill of the hunt” after all, it’s the adrenaline and other high stress hormones rushing through the terrified and fleeing prey that give the meat that extra bit of flavor.

Speaking of evil and unsportsmanlike, let me once again wage war on the most unspeakably terrifying predators on any planet: Vegetarians!

Carnivores (unless they cheat with feedlots) have to chase down and kill their prey; but at least the prey has a chance to run away, to escape.

Vegetarians on the other hand prey on stationary targets that can’t run away. Imagine the terror of the poor carrot, stuck in the ground as the vegetarian walks openly up to it and plucks it out of the soil.

Then it brutally cuts is mouth off (the greens) and skins it alive, and EATS IT ALIVE! Yes, you know that vegetarians often eat their prey alive, of course some times the boil or bake their victims alive first.

But you note how if you put green onions or any onions in the fridge, say in water? They keep growing! And how you can dice up and plant a potato and it will grow (or sometimes grow on it’s own in the pantry?) Vegetables are alive and if you eat them raw, you are literally eating them alive!

At least with a werewolf, the victim bleeds to death relatively quickly, or when their heart is ripped out!

But no, those evil vegetarians eat their victims alive ignoring the poor vegetables silent screams of agony!

Gelcube

What I was stereotyping was that werewolves would be too cool to WANT to be in the FOG! That’s something a lame, sparkly, emo vampire would do!

And “Werewolves of London” would SO be my ringtone if I was a werewolf.

As a certified member of the “Eat anything organic” club, I can’t throw stones at vegetarians, though they do seem to be on the slightly unhinged side to me.

BTW, your attempt to sidetrack me from the AOD cliffhanger of Talarius/True Love failed. I still think the last paragraph will be Talarius finding out about his lady.

Tizzy

Hmm, could be, or maybe it happens in the middle of AOD?

Maybe he goes on a mission to rescue her? Of course, he’d probably need to get War Arrow into the Abyss, along with barding and a lance so he could charge Asmodeus.

Gelcube

[quote=Tizzy;3035]Hmm, could be, or maybe it happens in the middle of AOD?

Maybe he goes on a mission to rescue her? Of course, he’d probably need to get War Arrow into the Abyss, along with barding and a lance so he could charge Asmodeus.[/quote]

I can see that! Though, I’m wondering if he’ll ask Tom for help, or just ask to go. Talarius has shown that his oaths can be superseded, but in THH, he seems to have regretted breaking his oaths for ANYthing, so it may be that the oath of hostage he gave Tom might actually cause him some internal grief before he breaks it to pieces.

I somehow doubt he’ll want to ask Tom for help. Although…he may twist the oath to his benefit. It’s generally accepted that a hostage must be protected from harm. If Talarius were to wander off to the courts to confront Smody, he’d very likely get harmed. So, he may corner Tom into helping with the oath. I doubt he’d ever believe Tom would just help. After all, that’s not something a Dark Overlord does, right?

Tizzy

Nope, none of the Dark Overlords that I have met would do that.

It would be very demon like of Talarius to twist the oaths around to force Tom to help him.

I like that, it would be very corrupting.

=d>

Gelcube

[quote=Tizzy;3041]Nope, none of the Dark Overlords that I have met would do that.

It would be very demon like of Talarius to twist the oaths around to force Tom to help him.

I like that, it would be very corrupting.

=d> [/quote]

Well, Antefalken DID say he was like a demon in the Abyss.

…I wonder if he could be summoned?

Tizzy

I rather doubt that. However, I am sure Lenamare would try, as would Exador both are power hungry ego maniacs.

But I also point out that the Concordenax has been missing longer than Antefalken has been a demon, so he is working on Court mythology and preconceptions.

Gelcube

Yeah, you’re right. Of course, Antefalken could’ve just been messing with his head. You and Ante seemed to take a little more pleasure than the others in baiting Talarius.

Not that he didn’t deserve it.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 347 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.