Rambles and Speculations

Welcome To Astlan Forums The Apostles of Doom Rambles and Speculations

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 347 total)
  • Author
    Gelcube

I have serious doubt that Tom would actually agree to such an invitation. Though just imagining the resulting chaos and destruction is making me jiggle.

On a side note, listening to the “Stargate Overture” while reading the scene where Phaestus opens the World Gate is awesome.

…on a side, side note, the next song in that playlist is the Main Titles from “Superman Returns”, which coincided with me getting to the final battle.

…which made me imagine Tom in blue tights, a red cape, and red underwear.

Have you ever seen a 10×10 foot Gelatinous Cube jiggle the doors off their hinges?

Yes, I think it would be very pleasantly violent and destructive!

Is that a YouTube “Best SF Theme Songs Playlist” you listen to, T-A-G likes to play them while writing.

I have to admit, I’ve never see that. Do you have trouble with the remainders of the hinges tearing your surface tension/viscosity when you ooze through the doors after jiggling the door off said hinges?

I imagine that would be painful. Nice thing about the Abyss, most of the doors are larger than a 10×10 openings (lots of big demons with bigger egos here)

Gelcube

No, I’m old school. I have lots of mp3s on my hard drive that I listen to. I’ve…eclectic…tastes in music. Dub step, movie scores, power metal, classical, even a jazz tune or two.

As for oozing through doors. Well, after a certain size, oozing doesn’t work too well. That’s why I just use pseudopods to open the doors like any other civilized monster. Of course, being acidic makes home repairs difficult, but we all do what we can.

I’d like to visit the Abyss, as it sounds like an interesting place. But I’m afraid the low humidity and high temperature would do me in even faster than a human.

Tizzy

Did you even notice that it was me?

I’ve hacked T-A-G’s account and was posting as him!

Is he going to be mad!!!!

Tizzy!

Gelcube

That just means he should get on more often!

Oh, oh. Quick thought. Jenn in Mount Doom! The D’Orcs will love her! One way, or the other, or the other.

Tizzy

Her curmudgeonly attitude would be a great fit.

However, not sure she would have much patience for their war like attitudes…and I am sure she would think they looked evil…she’s very racist in that regard. She seems to prejudge everyone from the Abyss as being evil for some bizarre reason.

So they would probably like her, not sure about her liking them.

Tizzy

Hmm, D’orcgres would be really sweet. I’ll have to look into that…not that I can do anything about it…

You see, that’s the complication. Most demons are really nice people (other than Lillith) and while most deities are evil, not all of them are.

I suspect it’s not going to be a very straightforward battle of FOG vs FOE….

Gelcube

Hmm. While it might be interesting to see Hilda “switch sides”, so to speak, I really doubt that will happen. She sounds as if she truly believes in Tiernon, so betraying his trust in her would be abhorrent to her.

Still, that doesn’t mean she wouldn’t be on Tom’s side for something. I mean, the Nyjyr Ennead came to play, and don’t seem to be actively hostile. Doesn’t seem to be any prohibition against fraternizing with other teams.

Tizzy

In extra dimensional politics, there are lots of side shifting games going on.

The main rule, at least in the Abyss is: “just don’t eat your current allies” you can betray them, backstab them, etc. Just do NOT [i]eat[/i] them.

I’ve found that if you eat your ally, or, for that matter, your opponent, it tends to just end the argument right there.

Of course, that is Lillith’s preferred way of ending most arguments she gets in…but I find that over time it gets less effective as others tend to start avoiding you. And they definitely avoid your dinner parties.

Bradyman

That’s how I was thinking, I don’t see any possible way for her to betray Tiernon, but I really don’t want to see her killed or anything. And it really seems like Tom is going to end up directly fighting Tiernon or at least some of his avatars or archons, which means he might have to kill her.

Tizzy

Well, wound…she’s already dead.

Of course, if she comes into the Abyss….that would be dangerous for. But otherwise on the planes of men/orcs, if she’s killed she’ll just pop back to Tierhallen. It would be very difficult to kill her there, what with all the avatars, archons and Tiernon himself.

In the Abyss…well then, we have homefield advantage and you know the saying. “What happens in the Abyss, stays in the Abyss.”

We’ve had that saying trademarked for several thousand years. It’s one of the best reasons to visit us. Although I am hearing disturbing rumors that some ‘Courts of Chaos’ wanna be city in the middle of a desert on some podunk low-mana world out near the fringes of reality has been violating our trademakr.

Bradyman

What happens to an avatar or Archon that is defeated in Tierhallon? Are they permanently destroyed, or are they invincible?

On a completely unrelated note, since the Tom’s shaman links are similar to a priest link, will he eventually be able to set up a system like tiernon’s if he wants to? Where his followers constantly send him power, but can occasionally access his power for a miracle? If so, he really needs to set that up, because a self sustaining system like that could be very beneficial. plus, free manna is free manna, and it will help his followers too. He can include his friends in the system too. Tizzy should enjoy this because it would mean a lot free manna for him.

Bradyman

This is an idea that I doubt Tom would come up with by himself, but I could easily believe the D’orcs recommended to him.Tommus has an Incubus working for him, and followers that literally worship him in multiple planes. He should have Reggie do whatever it is that he does, to impregnate someone with someone else’s kids, hopefully, it is just taking a bit of animus, if it is more detailed I don’t wnat to here about it. But he should have Reggie get an orc or two in each clan pregnant with Tom’s kids. The orcs would love, it, Tom’s kids would be some of their strongest warriors, plus, THEY WORSHIP HIM. Once again, I don’t think Tom would ever think of this , but I think the D’orcs would consider it an awesome idea.

Also, I would find it hilarious, if in the middle of this, while still carrying Tom’s animus or whatever, Reggie was summoned by his accursed mistress, and given that circle of life juice or whatver it was that the Nyjyr Ennead intend to use to increase the population of their followers. Their would be tons of little half demon babies. or at least one or two. This would actually be great for the Nyjyr Ennead since they would have a bunch of followers with abnormally high animus and manna. It might be a bit embarassing for Tom, plus the child support might be a little much, but Tom can handle, he has rooms full of gold and precious gems, plus, only the oostemothians would be dumb enough to go to the abyss to force him to pay child support if he missed a payment ( I am assuming that Tom would not be a deadbeat on purpose). Either way, it would be a pretty good story.

Gelcube

Bahaha!!! That would be hilarious, as I think it’d probably throw the Nyjyr Ennead’s plans way out of whack. Still, it’ll never happen. It would be waaaay too weird. We don’t know how incubus “receive” animus, now do we? Sounds vaguely disturbing when you remember that not only is Tom a virgin, but Reggie is also a friend of his. So don’t think that little wrinkle will happen. Though if it does…heheheh.

Reread THH again, and got to thinking about that balling that Antefalken did of the final battle. Just wondering what kind of publicity that’s going to get. I can see bootleg copies floating around the Courts, pissing off Lilith, Sam, and…well, everyone. Not to mention when copies get out to Lenamare, the CoW, and the alvar. Good times, good times.

In fact, I hope that’s one of the first scenes in Apostles of [b]DOOOOOOM[/b]™.

Bradyman

I have been looking around, and having seen much speculation about Rupert, and rumors and speculation seems like the best place to ask, Is it possible that in the future tom becomes a Chronomaster or temporamaster or whatever the time warriors had and Rupert is his kid? It makes a lot more sense than there being a demon that looks similar to Tom, that is powerful enough to have a greater demon son and still be unknown. OR an even crazier idea: the cocordenaux has been travelling the planes as a mortal for millenia, he has had several kids, maybe in low mana planes they don’t manifest as demons unless they are summoned. Tom and Rupert are brothers and their father is the concordenaux, the only demon powerful enough to have a greater demon half-demon son. I know there are a few holes, but it is a fun theory. So, would a half demon kid on earth necessarily manifest as a demon, or could it lie dormant?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 347 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.