Rambles and Speculations

Welcome To Astlan Forums The Apostles of Doom Rambles and Speculations

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 347 total)
  • Author
    Mikey

[quote=Winter;3346]its comments like this that make me think that…[/quote]
    [img=http://wiki.ironchariots.org/images/e/e8/Darkdungeons_page4.gif]Level up[/img]

Mikey

[quote=LCSpartan051;3619]Reflect items do what their creators want them to do/believe they do.[/quote]

Are the gods’ planes and afterlives actually directly related to spacetime dimensions, matter and energy, or is what makes refleca and materialized concepts possible, the simulational and computational nature of that form of existence?

Gelcube

If I remember correctly, Antefalken used one of Damien’s balls to record the battle. I just figured Damien would end up with a copy at some point.

You KNOW copies of that will be in high demand!

Tizzy

Interesting thought…

The Doomalogues have dormant for roughly 4000 years; well before Oorstemoth was founded.

Wouldn’t that be fun? Tom could try to have them evicted as squatters!

Of course, they would probably call it an invasion, but if he could get some Oorstemothian archaeologists to verify that he was there first!

Ooh, that could be a great first novel in a new series: Law and Order:Oorstemoth

:d/

Winter

i dunno, sounds pretty litigious if you ask me
    as i understand it orks and D’orks love entertainment lawyers, but more as ‘entertainment’ than anything else

Tizzy

Well, I can confirm Tamarin is certainly giving Tom the googly eyes.

Which is odd since she isn’t wearing Google Glass, so I’m not sure how she’s doing it, but she obviously is.

Rumor is that young Djinn, having never experienced the physical world before, are all quite anxious to explore the limits of physicality

Gelcube

What do you hope/want to see in AOD?

Gelcube

1) Is it just me, or does anyone else hear in their head “Apostles of [b]DOOOOOOM[/b]!!!”?

2) I’m really hoping we get the skinny on Rupert and his mom in this book. We know NOTHING about her. Name, rank, serial number, plane of birth, or plane of afterlife.

3) Jenn is going to FREAK when she finds out about Tom(Edwyrd) and Rupert. Heheheheh. Hopefully there will be a balling (that just [i]sounds[/i] bad) for sale afterward.

4) Telarius’ wife. Sounds like a job for…[b]SUPER TOMMUS[/b]!!!

Tizzy

If I know Gastrope’ and I do, he is after all, my accursed master. Didn’t see that coming, he must have tricked me and bound me. So now I have to try to break free and eat him one of these days. It’s in the job descriptions after all.

But anyway, I am sure Gastrope’ is going to spend a lot of time trying to keep Jenn from knowing about Tom/Rupert, and the whole D’Orc thing; cause he figures (correctly, I am sure) that she will freak out, possibly permanently if she finds out that Gastrope’ is working for the very dark lord that is freaking out the elves so bad, and that she also worked with him.

Of course, there is also the problem that if the alvar find out, the two will be going to alvaran jail, or maybe the stake for consorting with the FOE. The alvar appear quite calm and rational to most humans, but the really are a rather bloodthirsty lot when riled up.

Of course, you can be sure that Tom is doing everything he can to avoid talking to Rupert about his mom, since he could quickly be exposed as not being Rupert’s dad, which would crush the boy.

Technically the chick was his lady love, not sure they were married, I think just betrothed. But yes, that is going to be quite amusing. I personally am looking at that as my best opportunity to torment the paladin.

Bradyman

I am excited for whatever appears in the next book, but has there been any information released on when it is expected?

Gelcube

Yes, I’m sure Gastrope and Tom both will do a jig to hide everything. But the truth will come out…and it will be quite funny.

You know, Jenn and Gastrope just need to start swapping pseudopods, or whatever humans do.

I think Talarius is starting to like you, Tizzy. I’m sure teasing him about his lost and damned love will endear him to you even further. :-”

…oh, and Apostles of [b]DOOOOOM[/b]!!!

Gelcube

Hmm, re-re-re-reading Into the Abyss, and I’ve noticed a couple of things.

Trisfelt and Elrose meet at a pub called “The Raunchy Orc”, which even though it isn’t explicitly stated, sounds like it’s close to the Mandetor…Mandetroy…Murgatroy (can’t remember) area. I can see several ways Trisfelt could end up there at the same time as the D’Orcs and/or Tom…and Hilda. Oooooh, that would be…interesting.

Also, I don’t think we’ve seen enough of Master Hortwell. While he does seem to hold a lot of the Astlanian prejudices, he also is apparently very fair-minded, as his little stint with Zargoffelstan proves. I wonder what reward he had in mind for Zargy? I kind of liked that little scene. I would have liked to see a little more from both their perspectives. Maybe we can get a little more of them in Apostles of [b]DOOOOOOM[/b]!!!

Even though he’s only a class one, Zargy stood up to Tom to protect Hortwell. That actually says a lot about him. True, it’s unlikely that Tom could have easily destroyed Zargy permanently, but being eviscerated still hurts, even if it doesn’t kill you. And Zargy really didn’t know what Tom was/wasn’t capable of.

The Raunchy Orc is actually north of Lenamare’s former school by about 120 leagues. On the map(s) if you locate Lenamare’s school, due east of Freehold, then go north to Lake Tris (hard to read in the forest). It’s in a village on the south shore of Lake Tris, which is due south of the small city of Tris. Tris is about the same size of Murgatroy. Probably not as rough and tumble though.

There are good sized bands of satyrs and centaurs in that area. (around 50 or 60 members each). The Raunchy Orc is in a village with about 100 people (of various races). In the mountains to the west, there are Orc brigands who are a bit nefarious. They are, however, more scheming and criminal than ‘evil.’

They do do occasional raids (of distant regions) via their dragons. [url=http://www.astlan.net/Home/AstrometryAstrology.aspx]Yes, they ride dragons[/url]. Not sure why I have that on the Astrometry and Astrology page but…

BTW, the giant orc with the young human riding behind him is actually an Orcgre, half orc, half ogre (they have several other names, sometimes called/confused with Urak Hai or Great Orcs).

The inside of the Raunchy Orc, in fact the scene you refer to is seen in the[url=http://www.astlan.net/Home/History.aspx] business of wizards[/url] image.

The reason it cannot be down by Murgatroy is that wizards can’t teleport that far. Murgatroy is thousands of leagues away. This is actually a problem for Damien and Vaselle in getting home from the party. Tom brought everyone hew knew that could summon/contact him from the various worlds to Doom, and now there is only one person left who can summon him (aside from Lenamare of course–who is inside Freehold’s wards, so can’t and won’t). That’s Gastrope’ and he’s in Murgatroy. They can get there, but it’s going to be a long walk home. (just try finding a flying carpet for sale in Murgatroy–not easy).

Hortwell is the bald guy, generally in white robes that shows up in several pictures around the site btw.

I wanted to do more with Hortwell and Zargy in Volume II, but it was already so overstuffed. Believe it or not, I did work to restrict the PoV’s a little bit.

They will show up again, probably in Volume III, but much more later.

T-A-G

Gelcube

SQUEEE!!!

Well, here’s hoping Hortwell and Zargy make their return. Really looking forward to it.

I see I really need to read those maps a little closer. I was waaaaay off. Still, it’s not inconceivable that Tom or Rupert could show up someplace with orcs. Or at least a story of “Lord Tommus”?

Also, reading ITA again, I see where Rupert’s mom DID give a description of Tom. Even if there was “a few small differences” in the description, that just adds to the mystery. I REALLY hope there’s a more thorough account of that whole situation in AOD.

Oh wouldn’t that be amusing…and probably very destructive!

It does sound like something he might do.

But as Tom’s bestest friend in the known multiverse, my own advice is to stay away from Lillith until the Lords of Chaos have finished being ticked off at her.

This is one period in time where being persona non-grata in the Courts is a serious benefit!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 347 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.