Love Interests, Romantic Partners and Hook Ups

Welcome To Astlan Forums Doom’s Day Love Interests, Romantic Partners and Hook Ups

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 173 total)
  • Author
    Lodrik

I think we found Tizzys perfect love interest: The Demigorgon! Yes, Tizzy doesnt need a second head (clearly more then one mind in the head he has) BUT the children would be perfect. Two heads, four arms, four legs… you got it!
    Honestly Tizzy, the Demigorgon is the only being capable of giving your manly parts the attention they deserve AND your (alomst) clones could talk 2 times at once so we hear both sides of the argument you only had in your head so far!

While we are at D&D, the wand of Orcus kills everything it touches in D&D. Does that apply to Toms rod or was it some kind of exaggeration?

I read about that, in Japan, and it’s a real problem as everyone gets older and there is no younger workforce to support the older generations and they do not encourage immigrants so there are definitely going to be some economic problems within a few years or decades.

Tizzy

[wink]

Mikey

T-A-G, why did you give Tom’s dick so much air time in the first book, if you were going to keep all the action off-camera from then on?

Speaking of which. I’ve been reading a bunch of Chinese fantasy xianxia web novels lately, thousands of pages altogether. They are all censored, given the hard-on the CCP has for anything that might sully the purity of their chosen Han people. However, since the translators for this stuff are mostly amateurs, they tend to leave in flowers such as continuously calling a large rooster “Huge Cock” in text. Just saying.

– Rod Member Richard “Tip” Wang signing out.

GameGraphix

Thought I’d start a thread to discuss who you think should hook up – either casually or permanently..

Here are my thoughts….

[list][*]Tom & Inethya, the Prophetess of Nysegard – (my reasoning is in the Singkun thread)
    [*]Jenn & Gastrope – I think that everyone agrees that this will happen – sometime
    [*]Sammael The Dark One & Serah, Sir Lady Knight Rampant of Tiernon – I only see this as a casual thing
    [*]Hilda & Trisfelt – again I think that everyone agrees that this will happen
    [*]Vaselle & Tamarin – there seem to be some chemistry between them when working in the forge / labs at Mt Doom
    [*]Talarius Knight Rampant of Tiernon & ???? – I don’t see Talarius hooking up with anyone, too self-centered, unless his “bro-mance” with Sir Stainsberry changes and he decides that he’s gay or bi
    [*]Zelda Steward of the Mount & ???? – don’t see anything for Zelda at the moment
    [*]Tal Gor El Crooked Stick & ????? – I think Tal Gor is too young and still too unsure of himself to be looking for a lady friend
    [*]Rupert & ???? – again I think Rupert is too young
    [*]Reggie & ??? – don’t see anything permenant – he’s having too much fun catting around
    [*]Maelen & ???? – don’t see any potential romantic involvements here
    [*]Damien Council Inquisitor & ???? – don’t see any potential romantic involvements here[/list]

Anyone else have any ideas for potential partners, based on what has occurred in the books so far…..

[quote=Blah64;7158] He kinda has bigger problems to deal with.[/quote]

That has actually sort of been my official position, as I’ve tried to bring up, while it’s a lot of words, it’s not a lot of time.

By the end of Book 3, Tom has been a demon for about 3 months Earth time. During which time he’s gone from hated slave to demon hero stuck in a cave with a hostage to suddenly lord of Mount Doom and savior of the Orcs and D’Orcs, been attacked by Lilith, a Chaos Maelstrom, met and had dinner with the Egyptian gods, engaged in a battle with an overwhelming Undead Army with a group of immortals whom he feels very uncomfortable around (for many reasons).

Romance (vs booty calls like Reggie does) takes time in real life and even in the books, it’s a complex dance, a courtship and is often (in books/movies) a quest of its own.

When it happens, it needs to be right, and for the moment there are no obvious options (or are there?) even if the option is there, there needs to be time for it, etc.

One big impediment is that there are a LOT of misconceptions and perceived power imbalances that come along. These make romance difficult even when there is time. Think of Notting Hill (which was on cable this morning normal guy dating movie star) now magnify it by a lot. Anyone that would be a social/political peer would probably be thousands of years old and have who knows what motivations? And Tom is too scary/awe inspiring for someone who is his age/internal peer group.

So, it is tricky, and there is a lot to overcome to move such a storyline along. It can be done, however; it just can’t be done quickly or it will feel forced.

However, I can say, that those looking for a more traditional coming of age, romance story, that will be there in CoA:ITW. I sort of think of it as Jane Austen does swamp dragons, orcs, pterosaurs and I’iskatha.

Mikey

[img]http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/170227.jpg[/img]

LCSpartan051

Yeah, in the first book there was a definite Tom+Jenn Vibe. Then that went completely out the window in book 2 where the Jenn+Gastrope ship was launched. I was kinda looking for a Tom+Tamarin thing in book 3, but that fell flat when Tamarin+Vaselle started up. I guess at this point the only thing I can still look forward to is Tom+whoever rupert’s mother actually is. Or maybe Tom+Bess?

Gelcube

Quite frankly, we haven’t seen any DESIRE from Tom. Granted, he hasn’t been given a whole lot of time, but surely there’d be SOMEone, female or male, that caught Tom’s eye and made him a little…anxious, if you know what I mean. He’s 17 or 18 years old. Even if the hormones that normal human teenagers deal with are now gone in his demon body, there should at least be the habit of thinking about sex a lot. So far, nothing. In fact, the only time he even acknowledges his…what do humans call it, a tallywacker? Way back in book one, when he was examining his body for the first time, and when he finally realized he was walking around naked, in front of a girl. Ever since then, there’s been zero sexual desire. Can he even get an erection any more? I mean, has he even tried?

Kind of makes it difficult to find a love interest, if you have no desire for love or intimacy.

LCSpartan051

Tom probably isn’t a player, and being the current incarnation of the God of Oaths he probably never will be. On the other hand, I could definitely see him wondering what the strange sensation coming from his link to Vaselle is and possessing Vaselle “mid act”.

NS

Trevin is one character that I’m definitely interested to learn more about her back story what race she is etc
    i could see her making a diplomatic visit to doom and getting involved with tom
    even if it’s not romantic I would be interested in the dynamic between the two should they meet esp. because Trevin already knows that Orcus/tom/d’orcs/demons aren’t necessarily evil
    plus it would be super funny cause if she’d going that means her whole crew is going too (maybe)
    which means Jenn would have to go to the abyss again and maybe find out that Edwyrd is Orcus and rupert is also a demon
    and maybe also have a case similar talarius where she learns the truth about demons and it fucks with her head

You forgot Djinn you racist. 😛

Tizzy

[omg]

That is so ridiculous demon weed makes you ultraclear! It makes you so clear that all the engrams flee your body! Of course, it also “clears” your personality and consciousness from your body, but that’s just an added benefit!

[thumbup]

Zeravar

[quote=Tizzy;6809]My potential insanity????

I prefer to talk about my potential sanity! It’s the rest of you who are unable to perceive the multiverse in its true form!

So you got like dragon heads? And I assume very versatile other parts if you can mate with anything. Hmm, that could be interesting. Very sure that Hesseforthalus would want to meet you!

[/quote]

No, he wouldn’t. I’d like to see him though; the guy owes me several hundred Doombucks for false info about….. 400 years ago?

Coatl

I can see how that could be unsettling.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 173 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.