Love Interests, Romantic Partners and Hook Ups

Welcome To Astlan Forums Doom’s Day Love Interests, Romantic Partners and Hook Ups

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 173 total)
  • Author
    Tizzy

See my note @24 on the Singkun thread. This same topic comes up there. Trevin, Gastrope’, Tom in a literal ‘Devils Threesome’

That would be an incredibly awkward scene! Not sure which of the 50 shades of grey Gastrope’ would turn at the thought.

EyeDeKay

The intro is the worst part of the book.

Blah64

I am late to this topic, but I have been very happy that there has been no love interest for Tom. He kinda has bigger problems to deal with.

His lack of love interest has actually stuck in my mind as a great aspect of the story. But I usually greatly dislike the coupling side of stories, and often just skip over those parts.

Although, I do realize that many people like those parts and thus it doesn’t normally negatively affect my opinion too greatly since it is so common. As an asexual I can never relate to them and they just feel dumb and counter productive to the protagonist’s goals, so it has been nice to see a story without that side.

Tizzy

Yeah, well, not sure Lilith is a good idea, remember, Antefalken, “Tom’s Bro” was dating her. And you know the Bro Code.

One of these days, Tom is going to have to sit Rupert down and tell the story of “How I met your mother.”

Now of course, being a djinn, Tamarin’s plan (as it is with most young djinn) is to experience all material sensations, and do so with her master. However, he has been, to date, otherwise occupied.

On the other hand, Vaselle is Tom’s Warlock (familiar and Tom can possess him). I’m thinking maybe T-A-G can do a “Demons After Dark” or maybe “50 Shades of Red” and get really kinky in the spin off series.

Of course, I still want to see the spinoff where we get over the distraction of “Unlife” and get to the real “EVIL” —SparklyLife! I want to see the Force of Doom engaged in all out Unholy War to eradicate all the SparklyLife, you know–sparkly vampires, fluffy werewolves and such. [cursing]

[angry] They are an abomination before me! [blush] Ooops…getting a bit carried away…

Tisslils

[quote=Tizzy;6692]Yeah, well, not sure Lilith is a good idea, remember, Antefalken, “Tom’s Bro” was dating her. And you know the Bro Code.

One of these days, Tom is going to have to sit Rupert down and tell the story of “How I met your mother.”

Now of course, being a djinn, Tamarin’s plan (as it is with most young djinn) is to experience all material sensations, and do so with her master. However, he has been, to date, otherwise occupied.

On the other hand, Vaselle is Tom’s Warlock (familiar and Tom can possess him). I’m thinking maybe T-A-G can do a “Demons After Dark” or maybe “50 Shades of Red” and get really kinky in the spin off series.

Of course, I still want to see the spinoff where we get over the distraction of “Unlife” and get to the real “EVIL” —SparklyLife! I want to see the Force of Doom engaged in all out Unholy War to eradicate all the SparklyLife, you know–sparkly vampires, fluffy werewolves and such. [cursing]

[angry] They are an abomination before me! [blush] Ooops…getting a bit carried away…[/quote]

Since when did Brooding Dark Lords have bro codes?
    I’m sure Antefalken won’t mind since being on her “Exterminate List” is rather a bit dangerous for a Bard. And Tom can always ask nicely.

What Tom needs is a challenge. The harder your partner’s trying to kill you, the better the sex!

Zeravar

[quote=Tizzy;6768]So, you are saying I swept you off your feet?

Wait? How does a crab fall over? That would be pretty weird.

I gotta see that again….one sec.

[size=1]eeeee[/size][size=2]eeeeeee[/size][size=3]EEEEEEEEE[/size][size=5][b]EEEEEEEEEE[/b][/size][size=6][color=darkred][b]EEEEEEEE[/b][/color][/size][size=7][color=red][b]EEEEEEEEEEEEE[/b][/color][/size][size=8][b][i][color=orange]EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE[/color][/i][/b][/size][size=9][b][i][u][h][color=green]EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE[/color][/h][/u][/i][/b][/size][/quote]

AAAARGGGHH!! YOU ARSEHOLE!!! ](*,) Now I have to wait for someone to get me back up…AGAIN!!

Tizzy

So…at some point we need to move this thread over to a new forum under the Fan Fiction category called “Slash”

[blush]

I highly encourage fan fic and slash etc.

Ooh how about Trevin+Jehenna slash? Trehenna?

Lenamare + Exador =Lenador?

GameGraphix

[quote=scweeb;6489]Another good kind of litRPG is the Daniel Black series. Book one has some more adult theme parts so if you can’t read that or get offended by it then i would skip the series. But i think over all on of my all time favorites.
    [/quote]

I wouldn’t classify the Black Coven series as litRPG – more fantasy based – similar to the Portals of Infinity series by John Van Stry – where a person from our world gets sucked into an alternative world / universe by a god (or some other 3rd party) to save that world……would also include works like Delvers LLC, and the Destiny’s Crucible series by Olan Thorensen in this…

There is no concept of character leveling or quests in these works, which is what sets the litRPG genre apart from the standard fantasy stories

Finished the Awakened Online book – was ok, but I wouldn’t put it in my Top 5 books / series in the litPRG genre

Zeravar

I had an odd thought while rereading bk 3. Tamarin is, for all intents and purposes, a flesh and blood female. Does that mean that she has a bloodmoon? Can she get pregnant? If so, when she asks Tommus, what’ll happen? I know that he’ll most likely tell her what it means, but will he get her pregnant or will he leave that to/ recommend Vaselle?

[size=6]The AII gets a holographic display, with a moe avatar, maybe pink twin-tails, and BAM! Tommus has his waifu, romantic problem solved.[/size]

Tizzy

Ooh, when you have cubesex, do you share a mental bond, like Vulcan Mindmeld or Martian Manhunter bonding, or Na’vi pony tail sex?

Always thought that a bit intrusive, really not interested in my partner’s live commentary stream on my performance. I already know it’s fantastic so not sure why I need their input. I’m not that narcissistic, I don’t need them continuously praising my obvious sexual prowess and universe-shattering performance…

A simple thank you at the end, maybe a few tears of joy at the happiness I have brought them. That’s all I ask.

Tizzy

>It kinda seems unrealistic that no one is trying to sleep with him to sway his mind or or anyone just generally attracted to the Demon because he is apparently attractive.

Who says there isn’t someone, and Tom is just nerdblivious to it?

Now part of this is that T-A-G is retelling the actual events mostly from Tom’s PoV, but I can assure you that Tamarin very much wants to sleep with Tom, but he’s just not getting the hint, and he has something of a Major Nelson complex, which is logical I suppose since she looks like Barbara Eden’s Jeanie.

The reason young djinn sign up have a master is because they want to experience the material world and [b][i]all [/i][/b]material pleasures, nearly all djinn sleep with their masters, Crispin is not an exception, he’s more the rule. She has hinted at this, but he just didn’t get it. Also remember, she purposefully looked for a memory of his that was attractive and logically appropriate.

One reason that Tamarin finds Vaselle so interesting is that he is Tom’s warlock and thus a proxy for Tom. She wants to sleep with Tom, but he’s being very clueless.

I can also say that I’ve noted some interesting glances from Zelda as well. She is recently widowed (within 10 years or so) and relative to most of the immortals is near his age (within a couple decades–as is Tamarin)

Tizzy

The problem with a truly challenging lover, is that the female person most wanting to kill him (Net is a guy, and straight) is his sister, Dysnoma.

Not sure how much Tom will go for that; although, it would be very Targaryen.

NS

[quote=Tizzy;6453]See my note @24 on the Singkun thread. This same topic comes up there. Trevin, Gastrope’, Tom in a literal ‘Devils Threesome’

That would be an incredibly awkward scene! Not sure which of the 50 shades of grey Gastrope’ would turn at the thought.

[/quote]

That would throw a wrench in the whole Jenn+Gastrope vibe though
    Jenn does not seem like the type of gal to be sharing her man

EyeDeKay

[quote=GameGraphix;6470][quote=The Author Guy;6468]However, I did read [url=http://a.co/4YO3yvB]Dungeon Born (The Divine Dungeon #1) [/url] which is a seriously weird take on LitRPG.
    [/quote]

That is one of the books I’ve read lately – enjoyed it, but that was largely due to the fact that I created a D&D adventure based on this idea about 15 years ago – and ran my players through it…..

I think that best ones I’ve read so far are…..

Mirror Word series by Alexey Osadchuk (Book 1 [url=https://www.amazon.com/Project-Daily-Grind-Mirror-LitRPG-ebook/dp/B01AF0Z3CE/ref=la_B01AFCEV5W_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1484875304&sr=1-3]Project Daily Grid[/url])
    [url=https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M01ET8E?ref=cm_flw_time]Ascend Online[/url] by Luke Chmilenko
    The Chaos Seeds Series by Aleron Kong (Book 1 [url=https://www.amazon.com/Land-Founding-LitRPG-Chaos-Seeds/dp/1535020709/ref=la_B0176S6G6A_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1484875394&sr=1-5]The Land: Founding: A LitRPG Saga[/url])
    The Realm of Arkon Series by G. Akella (Book 1 [url=https://www.amazon.com/Patch-17-Realm-Arkon-Book-ebook/dp/B015QMQ8V6/ref=la_B01BJ7HJVK_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1484875462&sr=1-3]Patch 17[/url])

I think Ascend Online is the best one that I’ve read so far in this genre, followed closely by the Realm of Arkon series

[/quote]
    What about awaken online? Been awhile sense i read it but i remember great writing. If i recall correctly he was also a technical writer.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 173 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.