Love Interests, Romantic Partners and Hook Ups

Welcome To Astlan Forums Doom’s Day Love Interests, Romantic Partners and Hook Ups

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 173 total)
  • Author
    GameGraphix

[quote=The Author Guy;6471]Will check those out, but won’t be for a while. I am trying to make headway on the three books I’m working on but I keep getting sidetracked by the end of the world…but hey that will be over shortly…and then I can get back to work, I hope, unless it doesn’t stop ending…[/quote]

“End of the World” repeatable quest…[lol]

GameGraphix

[quote=EyeDeKay;6474]
    What about awaken online? Been awhile sense i read it but i remember great writing. If i recall correctly he was also a technical writer.
    [/quote]

I did start that book, read about a 10 pages and put it down for some reason – never went back to it…..

Will give it one more shot….

Tizzy

Well, they do seem to repeat that theme a lot, particularly in movies. In fact, I think Disney calls that quest “The Avengers” and then every Star Trek movie these days…they should also stop talking about Independence Day and just say “Independence Days” as those aliens will just keep coming back.

Although at some point Jack Bauer is going to need to sleep.

scweeb

[quote=EyeDeKay;6474][quote=GameGraphix;6470][quote=The Author Guy;6468]However, I did read [url=http://a.co/4YO3yvB]Dungeon Born (The Divine Dungeon #1) [/url] which is a seriously weird take on LitRPG.
    [/quote]

That is one of the books I’ve read lately – enjoyed it, but that was largely due to the fact that I created a D&D adventure based on this idea about 15 years ago – and ran my players through it…..

I think that best ones I’ve read so far are…..

Mirror Word series by Alexey Osadchuk (Book 1 [url=https://www.amazon.com/Project-Daily-Grind-Mirror-LitRPG-ebook/dp/B01AF0Z3CE/ref=la_B01AFCEV5W_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1484875304&sr=1-3]Project Daily Grid[/url])
    [url=https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M01ET8E?ref=cm_flw_time]Ascend Online[/url] by Luke Chmilenko
    The Chaos Seeds Series by Aleron Kong (Book 1 [url=https://www.amazon.com/Land-Founding-LitRPG-Chaos-Seeds/dp/1535020709/ref=la_B0176S6G6A_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1484875394&sr=1-5]The Land: Founding: A LitRPG Saga[/url])
    The Realm of Arkon Series by G. Akella (Book 1 [url=https://www.amazon.com/Patch-17-Realm-Arkon-Book-ebook/dp/B015QMQ8V6/ref=la_B01BJ7HJVK_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1484875462&sr=1-3]Patch 17[/url])

I think Ascend Online is the best one that I’ve read so far in this genre, followed closely by the Realm of Arkon series

[/quote]
    What about awaken online? Been awhile sense i read it but i remember great writing. If i recall correctly he was also a technical writer.
    [/quote]

Another good kind of litRPG is the Daniel Black series. Book one has some more adult theme parts so if you can’t read that or get offended by it then i would skip the series. But i think over all on of my all time favorites.

Tizzy

That’s a tricky one to search for since there is an author named Daniel Black who does not appear to write litRPG!

](*,)

GameGraphix

Maybe if we ask TAG very nicely – he could create a new category in the Forum for General (non-Astlan) related discussions – we could start a thread to list recommended books / series to read while waiting for the next installment of Astlan.

I’m a book-a-holic, read about a book a day….and finding it hard to find good books to read…

Started out reading High Fantasy about 30 years ago, have progressed through Military Sic-Fi & Urban Fantasy..

Only stumbled upon the LitRPG over the last couple of months when looking through Author discussions on Amazon for new books to read that where recommended by other readers.

EyeDeKay

There was a post the other day by Tizzy about a crossover with DOA and Worms. Stated reading Worms but it’s long. It’s about a girl with super powers in a Dc/Marvel type world but much more “real” if that makes sense. Would recommend if you haven’t read and like that type of thing. https://parahumans.wordpress.com/table-of-contents/

[quote=GameGraphix;6491]

Finished the Awakened Online book – was ok, but I wouldn’t put it in my Top 5 books / series in the litPRG genre
    [/quote]

Really?What’s your top 5 litrpgs then?

GameGraphix

[quote=EyeDeKay;6503]Really?What’s your top 5 litrpgs then?[/quote]

1. Ascend Online by Luke Chmilenko
    2. Realm of Arkon series by G. Akella
    3. Chaos Seeds series by Aleron Kong
    4. Mirror World series by Alexey Osadchuk
    5. Number 5 is a toss up between “LitRPG: Play to Live” series by D. Rus or “The Selfless Hero Trilogy” by William D. Arand

As I mentioned, I’ve only just stumbled onto LitRPG in the last 6 – 8 weeks – so this is my Top 5 list so far….although I have read a lot of it in that time….some I just haven’t been able to get into due to the poor translations from Russian…..others the start of the book turned me off and I didn’t get any further into the book

Tizzy

It’s my forum! Tell T-A-G to keep out of it!

I’ll make the new category!

Lol tizzy, so territorial 😛

Zeravar

Back to the topic of love interests, did anyone else notice something between “Sir Samwell” and Sir Lady Serah?

Tisslils

I vote Bess or Lilith!
    Imagine the arguments and the crazy make-up sex that’ll follow!

Gelcube

[quote=Tizzy;6692]

Now of course, being a djinn, Tamarin’s plan (as it is with most young djinn) is to experience all material sensations, and do so with her master. However, he has been, to date, otherwise occupied.

On the other hand, Vaselle is Tom’s Warlock (familiar and Tom can possess him). I’m thinking maybe T-A-G can do a “Demons After Dark” or maybe “50 Shades of Red” and get really kinky in the spin off series.
    [/quote]

Oooooh. I just had a vision of Vaselle and Tamarin getting it on in their forge workroom, and Tom (with a pretty intimate link to both of them) getting a mind full from both sides.

Like I said in an earlier post, Bess doesn’t seem at all interested, and in fact seems pretty intimate with her pantheon, so as things stand now, not seeing that (though I’m disappointed in no cat-girl hanky panky).

Lilith…oooh, noooo, Bad Idea. There’s crazy, there’s “Misery Crazy”, and then there’s Lilith. We’ve seen some glimpses of something besides The Crazy in Bk 3, but it’d still be a Bad Idea.

Really, Tom just needs to get his granite on…stones thrown? What is that phrase humans use? :-k

Zeravar

[quote=Tisslils;6693]
    Since when did Brooding Dark Lords have bro codes?
    I’m sure Antefalken won’t mind since being on her “Exterminate List” is rather a bit dangerous for a Bard. And Tom can always ask nicely.

What Tom needs is a challenge. The harder your partner’s trying to kill you, the better the sex![/quote]

Every race has a Bro Code! And remember: most demons in the Abyss came from Earth, so they almost definitely brought the Bro Code with them. And the sex would be great until they actually DO kill you. Then what? No climax, just… regeneration or Final Death

EyeDeKay

Eh. We’d have to see Tom and Lilith interact without killing each other before they can reach any status.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 173 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.