Love Interests, Romantic Partners and Hook Ups

Welcome To Astlan Forums Doom’s Day Love Interests, Romantic Partners and Hook Ups

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 173 total)
  • Author
    Tizzy

o:) That is so nice of you!

Although there are a few deities out there who beg to differ. They keep referring to me as that octopal simpleton! [cursing]

Tizzy

[blink]
    [confused]
    [huh]

Had not thought about that. It would be a logical explanation…perhaps the sneering tone they delivered those remarks was indicative of their pride, i.e. because things were not so simple for them, they had to pretend disdain for someone who was more capable of them?

[mellow]

Will have to think about this.

Lix Tetrax

I find it kind of strange that Tom has not tried to hook up with anyone yet as he came across as a teenage boy. I get he is mature but unless becoming a demon changed him that much and destroyed his sex drive (arguably should do the reverse) it is really really weird that he has not boned anyone.

Tizzy

Well, Reggie certainly lost no time. His urges seems to be in oversexdrive. But then he is an incubus

However, I will point out that Tom has not mentioned having a girl friend or much of any friends back on Earth, so maybe he’s like one of those guys living across the hall from the sexy waitress in Pasadena while working as physicists…

I can say that as a rule, most new demons don’t get much action. Most start off with pretty solitary lives for a few decades or centuries, hanging in their caves by night, slaving away during the day. It generally takes them time to meet other demons, particularly demonettes.

And I can categorically say from personal experiences that demonettes are very hard to get. I’m pretty convinced that demonettes don’t like sex for some reason. Trust me, I have tried just about every trick in the book and had very little luck.

And let’s be fair, if someone as handsome, suave and witty as me has trouble wooing a demonette, just think how many more problems someone without all my gifts would have.

Lix Tetrax

He is essentially a demon prince second only to the Conco-Tizzy, and arguably Lilith or Dadd-Sam.

Having a girl on earth true he dident but now he is a powerful demon god spawn. soooo he could get people just based on that i am sure. There should be people like Gastrophie except female in his life. Maybe he doesn’t notice but it should be there.

It kinda seems unrealistic that no one is trying to sleep with him to sway his mind or or anyone just generally attracted to the Demon because he is apparently attractive.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely so i am hoping that aspect is explored in some detail.

Gelcube

Oh, Glorious Frabjous Day! Maybe…

Mikey

Love:
    [youtube]https://youtu.be/QbzcFbhPV-o[/youtube]
    [youtube]https://youtu.be/q6RYixM70fE[/youtube]
    [youtube]https://youtu.be/xsYk8oCaHLI[/youtube]
    [youtube]https://youtu.be/-6ALzUGZsOQ[/youtube]
    [youtube]https://youtu.be/pjJEXkbeL-o[/youtube]

I feel sorry for you.

Lix Tetrax

In response to the Author Guy, Maybe that should be addressed in a Book then because if he is any part teenage boy still and not a mature adult man or completely focused Demon Prince then it would be way more realistic to be focused the way he has been. Then get completely side tracked often because he should be flooded with Hormones that constantly are saying Screw that person, And that one, and that one, and those 4.

Its kinda unnatural that he has not, Also with getting all this power the fact that he has not even considered taking what he wants and having some moral debate over it, Even a few sentences is a little strange. Maybe that part of the character but with every other character being complex it also makes sense that someone would seduce him even for a night or he would just fall into a hook up.

Especially now that he has Food, Water, Warmth, Rest, just because he is a Demon that will always be covered. He now has Safety and Security which is provided by a Legion of arch demons and Fellow gods and a Bottomless Prison filled with “Do not even think of messing with mes’s”. He also has friends…. the next on the hierarchy of needs is Intimate Relationships. He already skipped that and is achieving Prestige and Self Actualization.

It just seems to be a clear thing that is missing in an otherwise well developed world with well rounded characters.

*I am not interested in a coming of age romance story, but the fact that there is nothing at all for him might mean he is Asexual or there is some weird magic happening to him

Gelcube

Nah, like TAG says, there’s just been no time. I’ve noticed in my own life that “personal cube-to-cube time” usually happens when we’re not sliding around like we’ve had our pseudopods cut off. When RL gets busy, we don’t.

In one of these books, Tom’s just going to have to take a week off, and when he does…

Well, let’s just say I doubt Mount Doom will the ONLY thing to erupt.

Tizzy

Having read the books gives me more insight into Tom than I get hanging around him…which seems odd, but then I can’t read his internal dialogue without a copy of the books.

But I think many people arguing that he’s not acting like a teenage boy is sort of missing a few points. The big one being that he’s no longer a teenage boy, he’s an immortal and there are other factors at work.

First though, his emotional state has been anywhere from freaked to depressed to paranoid and anxious. Right now he feels that he is perpetrating a huge lie, first to the D’Orcs, then Orcs, and now to the Etonians, and he’s scared he’s going to be caught/found out. He is also afraid of failing them all, particularly the little guys (he’s got some issues on this front–note his reluctance to break Rupert’s illusion about Tom being his father)

Fear and anxiety trump sexual desire in anyone of any age.

Also, you guys do know he is not a biological person right?

He’s (and me’s and all immortals) an energy construct, a being of pure animus that wraps itself in a material form?

He doesn’t actually have hormones…he only has them if/when he wants to have them, sort of like eating, pooping, breathing and sleeping (except at Mount Doom where competition for the mana generators sort of force the issue at least for sleeping and recovering mana)

Yes, by default, he previously had them, so they would be naturally turned on (plus everyone knows demons are sexual pervs so there is that component–>see volume 1, initial summoning, giant phalus and Jenn’s reactions) but…

The thing is, if his mental state is preoccupied by other things, other emotions, then any faux hormones that would normally be generated (because he and others thinks he has them) would likely be suppressed.

Finally, again book 1: Part of his form is determined by what other believe about him. People who convince themselves he is Orcus expect to see Orcus and while not like an initial summoning (where it is very intense) it does have an effect, albeit much smaller. Of course, I should note that this can be a real problem for some gods (more so than demons–people worshiping an idol and seriously concentrating on who/what they believe you to be, is pretty potent–particularly if you are sucking up their emotionally charged mana at the same–>hence the mana cleansing rituals the avatars do), and just thinking about it often makes them paranoid as to is it me, or what my followers expect?

But anyway, how belief shapes immortals will be discussed much more. Actually, Tom and a certain previously missing member of the Tartarvardenennead will be discussing it and similar topics in v.IV (very early on too)

But anyway, I digress, the point being is that Tom and other demons all have real emotional needs, however, physical needs are technically a luxury that we can choose to indulge in or not (mostly/sort of/sometimes–for example book 1, his rage and instinct to kill was that him or was that expectation)

The thing is, “it’s complex”

Mikey

[quote=Tizzy;7166]Also, you guys do know he is not a biological person right?[/quote]
    [youtube]https://youtu.be/LB9lObWclFQ[/youtube]

Tizzy

Laibach! Every D’Orcs favorite faux fascist Slovenian industrial band!

Very surprised Melania didn’t invite them to play the inauguration, she’s a fellow countryman, and I am certain her husband would appreciate their style.

However, back to this song.

To truly appreciate what a fantastic job Laibach has done with this song, one needs to see the original Opus version:

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/pATX-lV0VFk[/YOUTUBE]

[scared] Shudder

[size=6]Forget Tommus, he’s only been around 3 months, and just starting a new job. Surely he can be given some slack if he wants to focus on his career for awhile. Plus, dating for a single parent is always complicated. [/size]

Gelcube

My problem with this situation isn’t that he hasn’t had any desire, but that he hasn’t THOUGHT about the fact that he doesn’t have any desire. As a teenage human, sexual identity and desire becomes as much a HABIT, as it does a physiological response. Not just that you feel the desire to, say, be your own best friend, but after a certain number of weeks, it becomes a habit.

As with anything else, being busy will push the habit out of mind, but it’s still sitting back there in the back of his mind.
    Once things slow down, even if he doesn’t have any actual physical desire, he should at least think about buffing the banana. Would be pretty amusing to have someone walk in on him doing the five knuckle shuffle.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 173 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.