Countdown Beta?

Welcome To Astlan Forums The Apostles of Doom Countdown Beta?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 262 total)
  • Author

There are actually quite a few side stories.

I have another series I am working on called “The Chronicles of Astlan” that are shorter novels that cover the side stories that tie in to the main book, but require so much detail that it would be distracting in DoA.

The first CoA book, “Into the Wilds” will be coming out shortly after Book 3. I am working on it now as well as book 3, and hope to do a lot more writing on it during the beta and editing of book 3. I would expect it about 3 months after book 3 if all goes well.

Additional books in CoA may or may not continue previous books in CoA. I.e. they may be completely different side stories.

Tizzy’s garden is contained in one of these side stories of CoA.

As an FYI, I have thoughts/plans for other related series, but those are not yet at a writing stage.

Seas of Astlan would basically be the Asmeth story along with the rogues that stole the book for Lenamare.

The Oak Orcs of the Antilles covers Trig Bioblast and crew as they seek to rid their universe of the influence of the Alvaran Empire and other nasty deep space baddies.

EyeDeKay

You could release the first chapter as an excerpt for non-betas. Also I’m camping the forum for betas.

Yes, the Grove adventures would be amusing…I am pretty sure they must have happened a long time ago. I will have to ask him to detail them to me so I can write them down.

The problem with releasing the first chapter is that it may not be the first chapter after the beta…..although I suspect it will be.

I might consider it, though I am not entirely sure how satisfying it will be on its own. Chapter 116 is rather short; there are two parts, the first is new and it is an alternate PoV of someone who is/was watching the battle; and the second part is a reworked version of a scene that was deleted from Book 1; the story of what becomes of Lilith’s army.

[SPOILER]I think the biggest reveal is the answer to whether or not Bellyachus manages to pull his head out of his ass. You may recall a rather unpleasant D’Orc put it up there during the battle (while still attached to the rest of Bellyachus)[/SPOILER]

Iume

I’m betting it was Sam that was watching the battle. He always there. Watching. Dang stalker.

Someone’s been paying attention…

=d>

JMX

Waiting is half the fun especially for those who enjoy suffering.

Tizzy

This is a very popular line of thought in the Abyss.

You know, how when you are sitting in your torturer’s office waiting for your appointment? and the torturer is running late with earlier sessions and you just sit there anticipating all the dreadful, horrible, painful things he, she or it is going to inflict upon your person.

Ahh, I am getting shivers just thinking about it…

Winter

alternate battle pov, hmmm….
    the most obvious answer is sam, but then bellyachus had a pretty unique pov for that battle too, i dont think anyone else saw it from quite the same “perspective” as he did

Tizzy

Pretty sure he had a shitty view. He seemed to be in the dark about what was happening.

:d/

Killblah

Sign me up as well, I liked seeing how the story was rearranged last time round.

WRDNg

Love to toss my name into the lottery here I am known to hold up to three histories in my head at once so I feel fully qualified to beta.

Tizzy

No Lottery, everyone that signs up can participate.

It’s not like we’re sacrificing virgins to dragons.

Sheesh, I miss Vermithrax, he was such a nice guy. Damn Ralph Richardson and Peter MacNicol for killing him!

Draconis

Sign me up for being a Beta Demon!! Can’t wait to find out what happens next.

Iblees

i was too late signing up for “The Heavenly Host” so I want to experience the magic of being a “Beta Demon” this time.

Tizzy

Magic, torture, pain, suffering, agony, mind numbing….yeah, any of those words will work.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 262 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.