Time Frame on next book

Welcome To Astlan Forums Into The Abyss Time Frame on next book

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 282 total)
  • Author

There is not a thread per se, it’s just in some threads people have expressed interest. I’ll scan the thread and put people on the list when it’s created and will have it officially posted so people can add their name.

[quote=JMX;1383]I may have used google translator to translate the last two books of a 3 part series from Russian to English because only the first book was published in the US.

I hate waiting.. Lol[/quote]

Someone else who has read alexey glushanovsky’s books?
    Those were great. The ending was a bit confusing though.

[quote]I may have used google translator to translate the last two books of a 3 part series from Russian to English because only the first book was published in the US.
    [/quote]
    OK, now that’s hardcore.

I use GT a lot for short phrases and a few news articles where context isn’t so critical….but a novel? Not so sure.

Actually it’s interesting that there are plenty of “Editing Services” out there for independent authors but there aren’t or I have really found a lot of translation services. My guess is that while an author can easily tell if the editor improved the editing/content of their book, they probably have no idea if it was well translated.

JMX

[quote=Mesmerizing Suggestion;1384][quote=JMX;1383]I may have used google translator to translate the last two books of a 3 part series from Russian to English because only the first book was published in the US.

I hate waiting.. Lol[/quote]

Someone else who has read alexey glushanovsky’s books?
    Those were great. The ending was a bit confusing though.
    [/quote]

Yeah it was Alexey’s books.

The ending was confusing but I probably missed a bit of the finer points because of google translate.

I was really annoyed when I found out the series had been completed 10 or so years ago but they only translated the first book.

JMX

[quote=The Author Guy;1385][quote]I may have used google translator to translate the last two books of a 3 part series from Russian to English because only the first book was published in the US.
    [/quote]
    OK, now that’s hardcore.

I use GT a lot for short phrases and a few news articles where context isn’t so critical….but a novel? Not so sure.

Actually it’s interesting that there are plenty of “Editing Services” out there for independent authors but there aren’t or I have really found a lot of translation services. My guess is that while an author can easily tell if the editor improved the editing/content of their book, they probably have no idea if it was well translated.

[/quote]

Yes I was able to get the main story by using google translate but I agree it was missing a lot of context. It was also interesting reading a book from a Russian Author. If they ever translate the last two books professionally I would buy them.

I enjoyed those books even if it was a hard read. On the flip side I have bought Ebooks off amazon that I had to stop reading because they are so badly written/story just being so poor. I can ignore a ton of spelling and grammar errors as long as it doesn’t interfere with the story telling.

In regards to translating I guess the author would either have to be bilingual or at least know someone they trusted. A translator really could mess up the story if the author couldn’t even proof read it.

However I am just a reader so I just want things done so I can read it haha.

As far as into the abyss I think it is the only book I have ever read more then once. In fact I have thought about reading it a third time but that might be unhealthy. I should at least wait until right before the release of book two.

Rosver

I been reading and rereading books since I begun to read. I still remember reading and rereading my small collection of fairy tale stories when I was little, with the tale of Cinderella being my favorite. And there is also my first encyclopecia set that I have read countless times. I even had noticed some spelling errors in it.

And I symphatize with the experience of reading those badly written books. My worst experience come from the Romance genre. Spelling errors I could deal with; horrible love story, @$%D(!*. Those Romance novels are the strongest cringe generating, vomit inducing writing I ever behold. And it seems that the authors are actually doing all they can to produce such ^%$F%^&* constantly!

Not that other genre doesn’t have their share of horrid stories. But often they are just sleep inducing and at most, their a bunch WTF!!!!

socal24

Is the Sequel gonna have more of those crazy Oorstemoth guys they cracked me up and I would love to be a beta reader for you if you need any for any books you have but especially the sequel for Into the Abyss.

Tizzy

I’m afraid the Oorstemothian’s aren’t going away…

They’re not only back, but escalating their craziness to heights that any rational person would consider insane.

T-A-G will comb through the forums and add beta list volunteers first from here.

Perhaps the romance writers have so many typos because they are writing in the throws of their own personal passion.

nobahde

I would love to be a beta reader =p~ I only check back on this forum like once a month though.

Not a problem, I will send out an emailing to people at their email address on file.

Can I be added to the email list?

Edit: for the new bet reader list specifically.

Tizzy

Yes, you are listed in the forums.

The list hasn’t been built yet, T-A-G will construct the first list off of people’s messages in these forums. Once created, they will get an email to confirm they are still interested and then depending on the number, will open it up for new/more people.

Rosver

This is gaining momentum. I wonder how many will sign up?

Tizzy

I’m hoping for a lot, I am working on the blood contracts now.

I’ve got great plans for the souls of the beta readers….

Korwin

For the record, I’m still interested!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 282 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.