Talarius’s Loyalty

Welcome To Astlan Forums Doom’s Day Talarius’s Loyalty

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Tisslils

[quote=Tizzy;6906]Well, not sure how familiar you are with swords, I’m not a fan of them, I prefer claws myself…however, last time I checked, swords, or at least the one’s I’ve met, don’t have any “equipment” that can be used for reproduction.

Just saying, have you ever seen a sword with a forge hanging from its hilt? Or an anvil? Or hammer/mallet. What about a bucket of water? Does that mean there are four genders of swords?

[/quote]

True, but I haven’t seen any swords that turns into a humanoid form either. One of those crevices or sharpy things might be its phallus or receptacle. And who knows how a sword has sex? Who’s going to be the scabbard, and who’s going to be inserting? Is sword sex violent in nature? Very rough? Plenty of unanswered questions. You should ask Volund if Ruiden is the only one of his kind.

If not, I’m pretty sure Volund could help with that if you provide him enough cookies, Tizzy! You’d probably have to stay up all night though…

This brings me to another point… Did Volund just not create a sentient being out of scrap? Isn’t that the job of a god? Hm…. why doesn’t Bess just start blackmailing others into making new worshippers/souls in a secret plane?

Tizzy

Well, yes Volund could probably make them a bay sword by taking a little bit from each.

I mean, of course, presumably he’d be the guy making the Talarius sword as well.

As far as looking in the crevices, I’m going to let you look for the two of us. Thank you very much.

Tizzy

Yes, sword sex would have to be violent, I’m sure.

Sword on Sword action and all.

I mean it is possible they could sort of slice slivers of metal off each other to create a conjoined baby sword…I suppose…

Tizzy

Well, now, that is a good question as to where he got the soul for Ruiden.

I have no idea how Volund made Ruiden. I know that in the case of wizards who make intelligent swords, they tend to use previously living souls that have been captured in an anima jar.

Obviously, there is potential for necromantic like activities in such a case.

Ruiden doesn’t seem to remember much before being a sword, but I’d imagine it was a traumatic event.

Also, this god thing is a big wishy washy. God, Titan, Demon, Avatar, all different names for various “Immortals” of different power levels and egos.

Volund is pretty old, pretty sure he’s been through more than a couple phoenix cycles. However, he is definitely not a god, he really doesn’t like gods.

Well, actually, he really doesn’t want to be bothered by fawning worshipers. Finds them very annoying, always begging for favors. Way too much hassle for him.

Heck, his various apprentices often seem to annoy him….and he needs their help, or at least he continues to put up with it.

LCSpartan051

Since in the abyss all injuries get healed, since people regenerate there, wouldn’t Volund’s injuries eventually disappear?

Tizzy

Same with Phaestus.

In general, if you come in with a long term healed injury, it typically stays that way. If you were born without a hand and you physically go to the Abyss, it doesn’t grow back, because, well, it’s part of your identity/your definition of self.

However, if someone got a hand lopped and was tossed immediately through an Abyssal Gateway, (like Tom did to Talarius) it will grow back, because the wound isn’t long healed and locked into their sense of identity.

In the case of Phaestus & Volund, their infirmities are part of their “immortal schtick” they can shape change if they want, but when they do, they often, but not always, take the infirmity with them in some form. It’s sort of like their calling card for people to scratch their chins and go “you don’t suppose that guy was…”

Tisslils

[quote=Tizzy;6913] they can shape change if they want, but when they do, they often, but not always, take the infirmity with them in some form

[/quote]

Are you saying Ptah and Volund are masochists?

You nefarious nincompoop, he was not mentioning your mentally marginal self!

He was referring to their idiosyncratic ideal of insisting on identifiable infirmities in all instances and every instantation.

Seriously. ](*,)

I say! No yelling in my Boragearium! you’ll upset them!

Ooh, I like that word: Boragearium!

Unfortunately, I have no idea what it means, but it sounds cool!

Ah, cool.

Mikey

[quote=Attolis;6895][quote=Zeravar;6624]This is making Book 4 seem much more interesting….. hmmmm, could there possibly be a plot twist where Talarius dies and is brought back as a Demon of Doom?
    8-[
    Also, thanks Tizzy for the hints on how to hide spoilers.[/quote]

That would make his relationship with his demon slaying sword kind of awkward right? It would be great!!!
    [/quote]

Well, humans also tend to wield human slaying swords.

Tizzy

Excellent point!

More humans are killed by humans, than by demons!

Zeravar

Truly, I’m unsure if demons could ever match the numbers of humans killed by humans; just look at what Lenamare did! Most of an Army of Darkness, dead. And all with a big flash of light! And let’s not forget the conquests led by Exador in the name of the 5 Siblings…. That’s not even all the multiverse or history!

Tizzy

Can I get an ademon? (Sorry, but I find “amen” to be totally specist)

You are so right, Lenamare is a menace to human society!

Not that I object, fewer humans=fewer wizards=happier demons.

Seriously? I eat a couple of babies and I’m a monster? but Lenamare disintegrates a few thousand adults and he’s just “standing his ground?”

Why can’t I be standing my buffet?

Let’s be clear, Lenamare killed lots of productive members of society! Me? I like to eat a baby or two, what are they contributing to society? Poop?

Humans are so judgmental and unfair!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.