Talarius’s Loyalty

Welcome To Astlan Forums Doom’s Day Talarius’s Loyalty

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 104 total)
  • Author

Sounds like some kind of Day of the tentacle thing 😛

Tizzy

Sort of, most of the nasty salads I know about are related to Audrey II, and she had tentacles!

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/5ea5jKFGgUw[/YOUTUBE]

EyeDeKay

[quote=Tizzy;6670]Sort of, most of the nasty salads I know about are related to Audrey II, and she had tentacles!

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/5ea5jKFGgUw[/YOUTUBE]

[/quote]

w a t

EyeDeKay

[quote=Tizzy;6674][quote=EyeDeKay;6673][quote=Tizzy;6670]Sort of, most of the nasty salads I know about are related to Audrey II, and she had tentacles!

w a t[/quote]

What’s “w a t” that must be humanspeak or something.[/quote]

[img=http://i.imgur.com/cc45Thz.jpg]W a t[/img]

Zeravar

[quote=Tizzy;6677]Ah, yes, that makes sense.

Audrey II lived in a little Shop of Horrors and ate people. It’s a really great musical. Unfortunately, it’s also a tragedy. I did not like the ending. I hate the whole “happily ever after” stuff.

[/quote]

Never liked that kind of stuff either; ruins the storyline for me

Attolis

[quote=Zeravar;6624]This is making Book 4 seem much more interesting….. hmmmm, could there possibly be a plot twist where Talarius dies and is brought back as a Demon of Doom?
    8-[
    Also, thanks Tizzy for the hints on how to hide spoilers.[/quote]

That would make his relationship with his demon slaying sword kind of awkward right? It would be great!!!

Tizzy

Hmm,

Yes, in this scenario, it would be Ruiden having the crisis of conscious and be forced to reevaluate his positions.

Or maybe, he doesn’t really strike me as that introspective, more of a black and white sort of thinker. To kill, or not to kill, that is the question.

He does seem to be getting into his new autonomous glaive mode, a spinning wheel of super sharp death.

At some point, Talarius may start getting frustrated, what’s the use in having a sword that refuses to stay in your hand and is always flying off to slaughter armies without you?

Attolis

What if his body gets so dead they don’t have time to demonize him so they put his soul into the sword? Split personality master swordsman(maybe) sword golem.

Tizzy

Well, he won’t fit inside Ruiden, since Ruiden’s already in there.

But they could put him in another sword body. Then they could be swords in arms or ??? Swordmates?

Hmm, never really thought to much about the romantic life of swords. Not that I’m not familiar with sword on sword action, of course, that’s extremely common, although that’s usually a four-way, two sword wielders and two swords, or more. However, just two swords going at it without any wielders? That could take a while, particularly if both are equally indestructible.

Tizzy

Hmm, I’ve heard that question somewhere before….

Attolis

I didn’t post it again, it seems to happen quite often on the forums.

Tizzy

Very weird, it was also weird timing.

I had time to quickly reply and then it showed up again almost immediately after I posted.

Wondering if things were sort of stuck/overlapping. Hmm. very strange. Must be a hobgoblin…

Attolis

I used to think some denubians were speech texting but it deoesn’t seem to be the case. By the way, do denubians have different voices for each mouth?

Tizzy

Typically.

It depends greatly on the Denubian, and whatever their current state is. In principle they could form two identical mouths, vocal cords, or ones close enough to speak the same, but that sort of misses the point of the complexity of their language, which is also tonal based.

As you can imagine, the dialogue can get very tricky to follow. Group round tables are positively maddening, particularly during disagreements.

And there is just some stuff that doesn’t translate into Universal.

I think that’s one reason so many people are wary of verbal agreements with Denubians, you can never be sure your ear was able to process all of the “small speak” of the stated agreement, particularly if they are speaking at a frequency outside ones hearing range.

Tisslils

This conversation gave me a thought.

How do we know that Ruiden is not a “she”. I mean, Ruiden is a sword, isn’t it?

If Talarius gets turned into a sword eventually, Ruiden would be a perfect partner. Very dedicated fellow.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.