Rambles and Speculations

Welcome To Astlan Forums The Apostles of Doom Rambles and Speculations

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 347 total)
  • Author
    Tizzy

Yeah, I don’t think all of it is getting resolved in v3. Actually I know it won’t because that’s a big chunk of the rest of the book.

But there will be some big thunkings and booms.

On your line up, you forgot Schwarzenfürze. Now, true, she’s not much of conversationalist, but if things got rough, she comes in handy.
    If nothing else she adds an air of … well something nasty….

Gelcube

May the Schwarzenfürze be with you!

Remember, Muhchandising, muhchandising, muhchandising.

Demons of Astlan: The Deadly Miasma of Doom from Schwarzenfürze
    Demons of Astlan: The Toilet Paper

Yes, I can see Jenn popping Schwarzenfürze in the muzzle, and she looks at Jenn kind of crossed-eyed…then eats her face.

Yes, that’s going to be quite entertaining…for someone.

Tizzy

So should we sell eau de Schwarzenfürze at perfume counters or market it to police and military personal?

I bet it could replace Mace pretty easily.

Which would be more painful, stun gun or eau de Schwarzenfürze.

BTW do you know what her name means? I wonder how many people caught that.

Cronus

German: Schwarz/Schwarze=Black, Fürze=Farts. Black Farts
    The n (Schwarze(n)fürze) is unnecessary, but i guess it´s easier to spell in english.

Gelcube

That’s funny. Yes, I’m thinking she’s going to be VERY helpful once everyone sees the crew in Murgatroy. I’m thinking that’s the most immediate confrontation. After all, the crew is just hanging out there with Gastropé. They can’t stay there forever. Well, I suppose Schwarzenfürze could, but the rest of the puny mortals are going to have to eat. And there WILL be some kind of confrontation.

It will be interesting to see what Meat Maker and the other orcs do when Tal-Gor and Schwarzenfürze show up. Schwarzenfürze will probably see Hilda and “Gamos” for who they really are, but will she attack if they don’t attack first? She’s vicious, nasty, and stinky around the rear end, but she’s not stupid, by any means.

Not to mention, how are they going to explain Damien to Jenn? ThAT’LL be an interesting conversation. Of course, they could just tell the truth…but Gastropé…I don’t think he’ll have the courage to do that. Damien doesn’t really have a reason to lie to her, though. Just not sure about that. It could go either way.

Gelcube

You know, Tizzy, you have a real opportunity here. You’ll need a copy of the balling Anty made. You can sell those (secretly, of course), and there’s the female D’Orc pinup calendar, the Lord Tommus bobble-head dolls, replicas of the Rod of Tommus, not to mention the Snow Park!

Tizzy

Ooh–I like the female D’Orc Calendar idea. That would be really sexy. I won’t share it with Reggie though…

How about a snow globe of mount doom to commemorate the day ‘hell’ froze over?

Cronus

Don´t be to sad about the “limitations” of the English language.
    After all you have also quite a lot of benefits. As an example you have to deal with only one article (The).
    Try to explain German articles (der, die, das, den, dieses, etc.) to an english speaker and you know the meaning of Mephistoteles saying: “Why this is Hell, nor am I out of it.”](*,)

Yes, articles are very simple in English. But most western languages have gender and plural variations. But for me, for some reason Spanish/Italian are much easier to get the article correctly since with a few exceptions you ask does it end with an “a” or an “o”
    French screws it up, but then French spelling is a magical art as far as I am concerned.

German seems easier than French but harder than Spanish/Italian. The compounding, which I do like, seems to confuse the issue, but I believe you always use the article of the thing being described, the second word.

What I really wish English had was a neutral pronoun, like hir in Science Fiction English. Although I’ve read some talk about more people now using a singular form of their to do this. Which seems like a bad idea since now you are mixing singular and plural.

Language is a living thing and changes with the times and especially these days with technological progress.
    Think about the first time you got a ROFL on your handy with a SMS and thought “What the …”.
    Today language expands so fast, who knows what it will be 20 years from now ?:-k
    BTW, can you already give us further information about the new series “Chronicles of Astlan”?

Gelcube

So excited to read COA:ITW. Looks like we’ll finally get an outside (external perspective) look at the events of DOA:ITA and DOA:THH. It’s going to be awesome!

Hmm. I wonder if the Nyjyr Ennead will be poking around The Wilds? Maybe that’s where they’ve been moving to in THH during the big party? Doubtful. Sounds like there’s really not much there of interest to them. Unless that’s where they’ve decided to hide some of their new priests?

I think you’re handling the multiple perspectives in a good way by breaking off ancillary stories into other books. It’ll make keeping the story and timeline straight a little easier. The only problem (minor) I have with that system is the story overlap that usually happens. But that’s more my OCD kicking in than anything else. #-o

Thanks

Yes, going to have to have a clear reader guide/timeline chart for people so that they know what to read when.

Ideally, I’d release ITW before DoA; that is, in theory, the plan since it is supposed to be about half the length but I have been having a good sprint with DoA since the start of the year so…we’ll see.

Gelcube

Squeee!

If I was breathing, I’d hyperventilate.

Yes, I hate it when an author has several storylines set in the same universe, and there’s no guide to what order they fall in. Makes it feel like you’re just lost.

They are extremely critical for late comers, particularly when the books or series are published in different order.

E.g. first trilogy takes place late in time, then next trilogy takes before first trilogy, and various independent pop up. You need to know what order to read them in. It’s often not publication order, and sometimes, not even chronological. So in that case you need a chronological order and a read order.

For example, Star Wars.

Chronologically:

Episode I, II,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VIII,IX

Historically:

Episode IV,V,VI,I,II,III,VII,VIII,IX

But the CORRECT order to watch them is:

IV,V,VI,VII,VIII,IX (do not watch I,II,III)

:-”

There are rumors, that a long long time ago, Jar Jar Binks died and ended up sentenced to the Abyss and quickly offended everyone so bad that he was sent to the deepest, darkest pit in Lillith’s dungeon. However, after a few years of attempting to torture him, the dungeon masters and torturers threatened to go on strike and demanded that Lillith reincarnate him and thus kick him out of the Abyss.

Well, the first theory would explain how he ended up in the Abyss.

The second seems more plausible. Actually, in my memories I have edited him out so I don’t remember much of him other than the first few scenes.

In other words for my own personal mental well being, I prefer to think of him as a defect in the film roll that some how didn’t get fixed in editing. You know like a giant annoying speck on the film; although with audio somehow…

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 347 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.