Demon power ups

Welcome To Astlan Forums Into The Abyss Demon power ups

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 163 total)
  • Author
    Tizzy

Yep: The Peanut Gallery in the Sky!

Maou

I thought demons were agents of chaos who utilized logic and reason in a rational manner only a demon could understand, but demons and other power hungry individuals have been around for a long time, so shouldn’t their be some god slaying artifact lying around waiting to be used to empower somebody with the power of their chosen sacrificial god? God’s are powerful, so powerful in fact that they have few true threats, so when faced with a genuine threat many might simply fold. I know many in power dislike the prospect of losing it and will try to avoid it. Their are weapons designed to harm demons so the reverse should be feasible as well. It’s what I would have done if I was a powerful demon. Kind of the penultimate manner in which one could flip off the divine. Most fantasy settings have one lying around somewhere in a forgotten and secure location as the gods dislike having mortals know they have a weakness as we tend to find and then try to exploit said weakness once known.

Tizzy

You are now moving into a discussion of the Eternal Conflict.

Which, I have to admit, is above my pay grade.

All I can say is that: it’s not safe to talk about.

No one in their right mind is going to talk to you about killing gods. It’s simply not safe.

Actually NOT POSSIBLE, you hear that, out there!!! GODS ARE ALL POWERFUL, IMMORTAL AND ETERNAL, THEY CAN’T BE KILLED, NO ONE WOULD EVER DARE HINT THAT IT’S POSSIBLE, CERTAINLY NO DEMONS!!!! ONLY FOOLISH MORTALS IN MANA POOR WORLDS!!!!

For more on the Eternal Conflict, turn into Volume II

Maou

Humans think that demons are trying to corrupt them and overthrow the gods, so why not do it. Go agnostics. The gods only grow more powerful as time passes by, while demons grow less slowly by comparison, so either spread a plague/ global cataclysm that will ravage the population, or kill the gods now and forever sunder their boundless faith. If a god is killed their faith will be shaken, and if all are killed any new god will forever hold a kernel of doubt within their followers. They will be shown to have limitations and demons will be able to take their place as the masters of man. The god’s will no longer protect the names of their followers and we can summon the souls of mortals in any form we desire. We can rule the mortals forever from the abyss as their existence on Astlan will turn into a living hell, and then into purgatory once more as people adapt.

Tizzy

Now you are starting to sound like some of the Evicons.

The Evicons are a demon faction that always want to wage full scale battle.

But the short answer is: The Eternal Conflict.

Yes, yes to all you’ve said. It’s just not that easy. It’s quite complicated, and demons can’t win by brute force, the gods are too powerful.

Also, realize there are MANY battlefields, Astlan is just one.

On some planes the Eternal Conflict is much more heated and active.

Maou

All the stories say that good always manages to win in the end and that evil is vanquished. Quite frankly if I am a demon I want to win said conflict. In reality their is more apathy and evil exhibited than good. People like good things that happen to them, but wish for evil on their enemies and competition. People also rarely help others at even a tenth of all times they could. Clearly evil should be more powerful, but everybody likes to thing their the good guy. Quite frankly I believe a true doomsday should lack hope for good and should simply give way totally to power. Their is more evil so we should win. No need for traitors as our conditions will improve without gods and quite frankly they can’t be trusted. Why leave somebody who will turn on you eventually alive when you can side with somebody who might simply ignore if you make yourself less threatening. (Demons act differently on a case to case basis)

Tizzy

I am going to stand far far away from you and wear rubber boots!

However, in this story, Evil wins!!!!!!!!

Rosver

=d> Maou. You really live up to your name. You are able to make Tizzy flee from you.

@Tizzy:

If you don’t know Maou means Satan/Demon/Demon King in Japanese Language.

Tizzy

Heh heh heh

You just revealed a spoiler! :-$

Who is writing this book??? “This History”

And hint, it’s not that “The Author Guy” he’s just a speech to text Dictaphone sort of thing…

Maou

White font should be ignored by Tizzy

Why were you chosen to present the history that will be known by future generations? Even in story you can’t remember past history well. Shouldn’t their be at least be somebody more [color=white]competent/ qualified/ deserving/ sane/ anybody else [/color] willing to share these archives of what will likely be a key event in the Astlanian timeline. You seem to have lots of important business to conduct with Boggy. Not sure what it is, but you did mention that you were partners.

Tizzy

For some reason…a series of posts I hadn’t seen materialized between posts I’ve responded too.

Maybe my eyes are bad but I didn’t see the Maou as Japanese for demon king/adversary….

I only speak Abyssese so didn’t know that…probably should have…

What are you talking about future timeline? All this stuff happened in the past…20 years ago in fact!

You might want to recheck the timeline…

of course, if this really did happen 20 years ago, not sure how Paul got an IPod/music player to plug into his stereo…that would be

AnaChronistic if not purely AniChronia

Maou

My prior post has been edited for clarity. I hope you can understand my better phrased thoughts.

Tizzy

That’s actually an interesting point, for some reason everyone is always interested in having Seers peer into the future.

I think this is because they “think” they know history. I also sincerely believe that humans like to forget history, so they can repeat it…like watching reruns.

Maelen would recognize him, primarily because he’s an official member and agent of the Society of Learned Fellows which was founded after the fall of the Anilords basically to make sure they never come back. Of course, by this point most people don’t even think the Society still exists. No one in Norelon has ran into anyone claiming to be a member for some time (remember animages are secretive by default, particularly after the Anilords–the Society is even more circumspect–and their membership is way down)

The Society is really only openly active in Etonia, they sort of hold it together and keep it from being overwhelmed by New Etonia (which is dominated by the Etonian Churches (Tiernon and his fellow Etonian Deities) and the Holy Etonian Emperor…HEE for short…”HEE is displeased with your actions.” etc.

And from devolving into chaos like Eastern Free Eton…

So, in short, it’s part of his job to be on the lookout for returning Anilords and such.

Maou

So is the book some form of monkey’s paw? If you don’t know what this is look it up and learn a little about culture and folklore.

Rosver

Mokeys’s Paw! Very creepy story. But wait… isn’t it a short story? As I remember it is an award winning short story not a folk lore.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 163 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.