Demon power ups

Welcome To Astlan Forums Into The Abyss Demon power ups

Viewing 13 posts - 151 through 163 (of 163 total)
  • Author
    Tizzy

1) Tom getting bigger? We sort of assume Rupert will. Hmm, hadn’t thought of that, he could end up being 18 or 20 feet tall! Not sure though if the first conjuring fixed his height or not. Good question.
    2) I think a lot of people are going to assume he is bigger than a 4. A lot of people are going to want to know the secret of what he did. That’s almost as useful as Lenamare’s book.
    3) You really are brilliant! Can’t argue with that. Of course, I can’t tell anyone what I know about the Concordenax, I have a great line on that topic, but I won’t get to say it until at least book III.

Maou

Do you possibly know the ages of some of the demons in story, and if so could you please list them in chronological order. I really want to know some of these ages as you Tizzy seem to be quite old. Which is good for a demon. It shows either strength, intelligence, cunning, guile, stealth, or luck. Normally not luck, but luck does help quite a bit. The more of the others you have the less luck you need to survive, luck is kinda like a multiplier in that respect.

Maou

The fact that so many people want it is useful in itself. The value of an object is determined by the people. Water is really cheap next to a f.w. lake, but priceless in a desert.

Rosver

You might got things confused. Usefulness is a different from value. A necklace might have big value both monetary and sentimental but it has very limited usefulness. A knife however is very useful though it is very rare that one would be of great value to someone. Also your example: water is very useful. Cooking, cleaning, bathing, cooling, paper making, dyeing, etc. makes it one of the most useful substance, whether you have a lake or only a canteen of it. Its scarsity or availability doesn’t change its usefulness.

Tizzy

I don’t think Tom “gave it away” he didn’t even know it existed. Jenn thought it was her diary, until she discovered it was locked and realized it was Lenamare’s etc.

It would make sense for Jenn to return it, since she worked for Lenamare (so to speak) and she knew he needed/it wanted it. All part of the team thing.

Also it’s not clear that at first, the students knew why Exador was invading, they thought it was a land grab or other political move.

Rosver

Wanting something doesn’t make that object useful.

Well, at least in this book, Lenamare’s book is essentially a macguffin, a plot device. It do no other purpose than to drive plot. It might be of more use in latter installments but not here.

Tizzy

Yep. But aren’t all books simply a method of sharing and advancing a plot?

Tizzy

Except maybe for phone books…they have great casts, lots of characters, but not a lot of plot….

Tizzy

You mean like the Holy Grail, it doesn’t actually do much except send knights on quests, starts wars, sacks cities, etc.

Seems like a really powerful Artifact of Evil if you ask me. Remind me not to drink from it, even though it was filled with blood at one point, so would otherwise be tasty.

I don’t remember the movie you speak of, I don’t get to see too many movies, I don’t get to Earth very often.

However, I was on the one plane of existence ran by robots, who needed my assistance in ridding themselves of these human vermin, so I helped them program these time traveling killer robots that coincidentally, they called Terminators.

Tizzy

[u][i][b]JUST[/b][/i][/u] became conceited?

Why thank you, most people assume I was just born conceited. It’s been a long journey and struggle to get my ego to its current heights!

Tizzy

Ah, but what if my “craziness” is just an act?

What if I am completely sane and pretending to be insane and nonsensical to lull everyone into a trap!

No one thinks the crazy guy did it! Crazy guys are always harmless and cuddly, you know like Jason Voorhees and Freddy Krueger!

Two of the sweetest, most playful people I’ve ever met, and they are also batshit crazy!

“Slowly I turned, step by step…”

Rosver

Really? I though it was your coping mechanism. There are things more worse that being a bit insane. Also if you think about it, everyone is a bit insane in some way or another. Some are just more adept at hiding it than others.

Well, people say you are unsound but, from what I can see, you are quite sane compared to say Exador and Ramses. Maybe it is because they are powerful demons that make people zipped their mouths (except Lenamare) and their power makes other people more tolerant of their craziness.

The two is nothing compared to you!

Tizzy

I’m just tossing out hypotheses…

Remember sanity is relative, like time and space…it’s all perspective.

But you are right in that I’m far more sane than Exador and Ramses, and Lenamare, they’re all obsessed with a really boring book.

And yes, power and fear make people afraid to open their mouths and tell them that they have no clothes. Exador in particular has an explosive temper…

Viewing 13 posts - 151 through 163 (of 163 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.