Book 4

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    Tizzy

Super! well, should ever decide to move to the Abyss, you can definitely get a job a Doom.

They are very busy repairing a lot of their tech devices, they’ve been without electricity for about 4,000 years, things have gotten dusty…although at least not rusty, not in the Abyss….

You don’t by any chance have experience with gravitational land mines? You know, you step on it and get sucked into a miniature black hole?

Those things are damn hard to get out of. Last time, it took me a very long time to get out, so I’m looking for some better ideas in case it happens again.

Iume

[quote=Tizzy;7502][quote=Centurion0507;7501]This is a very true point indeed, except for those rare instances where work is in fact a good place to be. At least mine is on certain days, where I get to go out and play with incredibly destructive devices.[/quote]

IDD’s? Now that sounds like a great perk! What demon doesn’t love destroying things? I bet you’d have no trouble hiring in the Abyss.

The D’Orcs certainly love IDD’s. As do orcs…

Although, to be honest, D’Orcs are sort IDD’s themselves, Incredibly Destructive D’Orcs![/quote]

So, we should defer to the desire for demonstratively destructive D’orcs to defile and debase those damned elvish demesnes in a way most diabolical with devices of devastation?

Tizzy

Those peons are very annoying, they definitely distract T-A-G.

Worst ghost writer ever!

I need him to keep putting out books, so I get my cut as the real author!

Zeravar

But Tizzy, you don’t even need Earth cash. Not to mention that most who see you probably run away to “get their autograph books.” So what’s the purpose of TAG giving you Earth money?

Tizzy

I like to vacation now and then!

So I need moolah for visiting Earth.

In particular, I like that nyc place, has lots of dark alleys for me to hang out in, wearing my trenchcoat.

I meet some of the most interesting custo…err…people there….

Rakshasa

Maybe that’s his plan to avoid you Tizzy. He’s hoping if you don’t get any Earth money you will stop harassing him and he can spend his time doing whatever it is that he feels is more important than writing your books.

Tizzy

Hmm, that is a feasible plan, not sure he’s smart enough to come up with it though.

Fortunately, I made copies of his house keys so can just crash at his place when I’m in his town, and won’t need a hotel room.

So, my hope is that by pointing this out, as my principle alternative when visiting his Earth, he’ll realize that maybe NYC isn’t such a bad place for me to visit, and he’ll finish another book to get me my royalties so I can afford a nice hotel room.

I fear I am still running quite a bit behind.

My day job has been quite heavy this year(s).

In past years, for past books, I literally took like 6 to 9 months off to finish each book. I am trying not to do that this time because I ended up digging myself into a giant money hole, where everything I make from the book(s) goes to paying down the debt incurred during the time off, and I don’t end up actually getting ahead, and can actually end up behind.

So I’m trying to write while having an income, and it’s not as easy as one might hope.

Bradyman

I realize you have a lot going on, and I don’t want to seem like I’m trying to rush you, but do you have any time estimates at all? I’d be happy with a, ” check back in six months,” and anything more specific than that would just be amazing.

Its probably Tizzy’s fault that we don’t know the exact release date, its probably in his missing notes.

I’m afraid that is not an unrealistic time period for a next publish date. At this point, I am hoping for something in that range.

However, I would hope to start a beta sooner than that, but at the moment I don’t know.

My father has been having various health issues this past year (open heart surgery followed by cancer, treatment, and now cancer spreading again), and anxiety plus a bit of travel for that on top of my day job has slowed me down. He actually starts immunotherapy today for cancer, so hopefully things will be looking up, but if things go bad, all bets are off.

Sorry for the delays, things are slow going, but the books will get written…

T-A-G

Mikey

Good luck.

Thanks

Tisslils

Any updates on a possible patreon so we can take some weight off your shoulder?

Hi,

Thanks for asking, no updates, although I have had some discussions about it on Facebook as well, still trying to figure out what to do on that. But there were some good ideas.

Money is less of an issue than other demands on my time at the moment. Money would mean less day job needed, but my father’s health has been problematic for the last 11 months and is getting worse lately and that has been very distracting, making it hard to write, and I’ve mainly focused on my day job. Just when I started making some progress again on the books, he had a major setback last month, and I spent the last two weeks with him, half of which was in the hospital where he still is…so that’s actually my biggest unknown on writing time.

T-A-G

Gelcube

I completely understand. Both my dad and my father-in-law’s health are failing. You take your time. All we ask is a quick note on here every once in a while to let us know you’re OK. I don’t have thumbs, but !

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 108 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.