Beta sign ups??

Welcome To Astlan Forums Doom’s Day Beta sign ups??

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    Tizzy

The Abyss is not polarized at all in terms of Animus/Antimus.

When a creature that is antimus based is bound to animatter, or vice versa animus bound to antimatter (not exact word) and go to the Abyss, the polarization is lost and all the wacky bindings they use don’t work right because they depend on the opposing polarization between the animus-based matter and the antimus based spirit.

The polarization gets lost/surpressed in the Abyss and the creature’s metabolism is thrown off balance, it returns when they return to their “original plane”

So what this means is that:

Ghouls get cured, they are just people infected with the other polarization.

Zombies are reanimated flesh of one polarization bound to a spirit with the wrong polarization (this happens because of the way necromantic spells work–even if the spirit was positive to begin with, the necromancy requires them to be reverse polarized in order to bind to their dead flesh–it’s a way of cheating natural death–very long story in terms of details)

If they stay long enough, they are goners, otherwise they just get very sick.

Vampires are similar, but better integrated. They will get very sick and weak, but won’t die.

Dhampires, being half normal mortal and half vampire are even better integrated. They don’t seem to have any problem that I can see. At least my dhampire buddy hasn’t complained. Or, at least, not about that.

Liches are more like zombies, but their core spirit is usually somewhere else, e.g. back on on their home plane in a phylactery, so their possessed body gets very sick, but their core spirit is OK.

Etc.

Britt

You can definitely put me down for the beta. I would also like to join that spin the bottle game you talked about starting a few post ago. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Tizzy

I wonder if I could stuff it in a computer, but with only AOL access, don’t want him surfing the web too much, just enough to upload the books to Amazon and email to Tantor.

I know for a fact he gets distracted by EvilBook.com and other deleterious sites.

smw

Can T-A-G (who is more serious than Tizzy) comment on the current status?

Is the next book (beta) x% done? Is TAG too busy with actual paying work to work on it? It has been awhile since we got a real update and not just a “nope, not ready yet”. I suppose my real question is if forward progress is being made on it and when would be a reasonable time to expect it. (I understand you don’t want to commit to anything.)

Tizzy

T-A-G is still behind schedule….sheesh.

If he would just stop this day job thing and go hungry for 6 plus months, he’d be done already. He did that before, taking 6-9 months off and just not eating and sleeping on the street, but…apparently he doesn’t want to do that anymore. Talk about lazy!

He says he doesn’t like writing in snow drifts during subzero temperatures! Makes his fingers numb on the keyboard. Whine Whine Whine.

Although now that I think about it, he never was on the street, and he never lost any weight. Hmm. Wonder if he’s lying to me? You’d think not eating for 6 to 9 months, as a human, he’d lose some weight. But he’s as fat as ever. Hmmm. I wonder if he’s a demon? He doesn’t smell like buttah. More like garlic….

Well, at least he’s not a vampire…

I will go bug him some more!

Tizzy

It is a lot of fun, takes a bit longer than a full Monopoly game though…

:d/

Tizzy

T-A-G continues to be ridiculously slow in writing, whining about needing this “day job” to eat and put shelter over his head, oh, and get this “sleep”

I have had numerous petitions to slip him a cookie and have Gastrope’ or Vaselle summon him to Astlan so he wouldn’t need to eat and could write 20 hours per day.

However, as I’ve pointed out, in the Abyss, we only have AOL dialup (It is a place of torture after all). So that makes uploading the books and all the various interactions with the artist/editor etc very difficult and slow. Plus he uses something called Google and Wikipedia a lot, and those can be very slow down here.

Checking in on your old account.

Tizzy

Tizzy

[quote=Gelcube;8157]
    I’ve read that series. I believe that’s the Demiurge. [/quote]
    Do you mean
    [quote=Yoroshiku Sanzuke;8156]
    (God as in the one-and-only big guy up stairs)
    [/quote]
    is the Demi-Urge, or do you mean the Exorcist D’Vampire?

It’s really not that hard to tell if someone is the Demi-Urge, at least if you run into him in person. He generally always looks the same.

Old white human male, with a seriously disproportionately large head (go figure), with even bigger “bushy” hair and beard that appear to be perpetually on fire.

In fact, on first sight, many people confuse him for a burning bush.

Tizzy

[quote=Gelcube;8159]
    That’s him! I remembered someone mentioning him in one of the books. He’s real big on a lot of the low-mana Earths.

And…Exorcist…D’Vampire?[/quote]

Well, according to Sam, it’s more egg then chicken…

Worlds/Earths where he is really big are low on mana. This is because his priests spend all possible time converting people, conducting worship services and sucking up all the mana–and yet never return any–very stingy about healing and other support services.

Even crazier, he creates splinter religions that pretend to compete with each other, this competition spurs the priests to hoover up even more mana.

Korwin

How does a d’Vampire look? Still Antima based?

D’Goblyn

I signed up for 2 but missed 3 so I’m not sure if I need to get a new binding or not, but I would love to rank up to a Level 4 beta!

Tizzy

Cool!

Just be sure to read the warnings attached. Beta-tization can induce disorientation and a distrust of reality in people, once some people see bunch of alternative futures in Astlan and the Abyss, they start to wonder if their own world is equally unstable.

I.e. will someone they know well, suddenly get written out of the plot and have never existed?

Same problem with time travel actually, that’s why there are strict rules for using time travel with the World Gates.

scweeb
    scweeb

Just checking if there are any beta sign ups? Also are you on patreon? If you are I would like to support another amazing writer!

I might be interested in that, although i’ve never used Patreon before, does Abyssia have A demon equivalent?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.