Beta sign ups??

Welcome To Astlan Forums Doom’s Day Beta sign ups??

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    Tizzy

Cool!

T-A-G is moving along, I suspect the next beta should occur with an average (alvaren) lifespan.

TankThing

I too would like to join the beta. I’ve been checking back every month or so since book 1 to see if another book is coming. 🙂

I very much like the world so far, hoping there’s more of it soon.

Tizzy

As am I.

I gotta tell you, T-A-G is really testing my patience. I need to go bake something to help me relax…preferably with chocolate chips….

Korwin

[quote=Tizzy;8124]As am I.

I gotta tell you, T-A-G is really testing my patience. I need to go bake something to help me relax…preferably with chocolate chips….[/quote]

dont send him into the astral plane!

Tizzy

[color=red][b][i]ME relax![/i][/b][/color]

Not him! He doesn’t deserve any cookies!

Bad T-A-G! Get those books out!

Melch

it’s good to have a series that i can read, and read and read and read 🙂

make the loop bigger 😛

Tizzy

Widening the loop…stretching….stretching…

GameGraphix

[quote=Tizzy;8124]As am I.

I gotta tell you, T-A-G is really testing my patience. I need to go bake something to help me relax…preferably with chocolate chips….[/quote]

Tizzy, I think you need to share….going into withdrawal, and starting to climb the walls…..this is not good – I’d much rather be flying….

Tizzy

[quote=GameGraphix;8142]
    Tizzy, I think you need to share….going into withdrawal, and starting to climb the walls…..this is not good – I’d much rather be flying….
    [/quote]

[i]:-& :-& :-& [tongue] [/i]

[blush]

Oh my! So sorry. I uhm…just ran out a little bit ago.

I’m going to have to make the million mile journey to the nearest grocery store to get ingredients and then I’ll make some more to share….:-”

[i][/i]

OOA is making serious progress towards beta.

I keep saying, beta…later this month, however due to the extra crazy workload of my day job this fall the ‘this’ keeps changing.

For once, I actually know the break point for this book ahead of time, (normally it’s sort of keep writing until you can’t fit anymore in a dead tree book or edit to cust stuff out/move it around). However, these (OOA and COA) are single POV books and thus shorter. Approximately 40-50% as long per book.

So, I know exactly what needs to be in there, the plot points for this book, the scenes, etc. and where the stopping point is, I just need to fill in words.

The other books by contrast have enough POV’s and each with their own timelines that have to intertwine, that what exactly makes it into each book is less certain than OOA. But OOA is a relatively straight forward path…just gotta do the leg work.

Hope to have it finished for beta this year, with Beta in January.

I’m looking forward to the fourth book. I just finished a three book marathon the last week on audible. I know others have been waiting much longer. Have you read Garon Whited Nightlord series? Because I believe these two series have great synergy potential. Almost enough to imagine it’s part of the Multi-verse. I’ve made my own goodreads list with books from different Authors that could potentially be in a multi-verse or parallel existence within the Multi-verse.

Tizzy

I personally haven’t, it takes forever to download audibles over my AOL Dial-Up connection.

If we brought up the Doom of Earth, I could ride the Doomnet and download that way. I mean, sure, we’d pretty much have to drown/bury everyone in Auckland NZ to do that, but if you think the book is that good, I’d be cool with that! :d/

I will check out the list, we are always looking for worlds that have nicely compatible physics systems, it make the early inva—introduction, so much easier….

[url=https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/69301051?shelf=crossover-possibility]Crossover Possibility List[/url]

This is the list of books I have read where the main character from Nightlord has intruded during my Lucid reading. He then starts fracturing off a new path, creating an alternate storyline. Since he can open a portal and world hop ocasinally, this happens too often. Though I love it, it’s quite distracting. His book has also created a lot of story ideas for myself.
    Plus he gets his own Mountain and is told he is a reincarnation of himself, and he has a sword he created in his past life that talks after getting enough power dumped into it. Hope you enjoy.

Tizzy

Yeah, all that sounds pretty normal, business as usual, the way things generally work.

Reincarnating is very popular in some circles, and the good ones always stock up for their future selves.

Sort of like vampires before going into their coffins for a few decades. The biggest difference is the memory loss issues, definitely annoying.

For mortals, they generally spend a huge chunk of their most ‘active years’ figuring out who they were and then are so old, they don’t have a lot of time to really use their past knowledge and resources for very long.

Which is probably a good thing.

I mean look at Exador, he just kept pretending to reincarnate as his son, but really, he was just changing his appearance and pretending to be his own offspring. That led to quite a lot of trouble in Astlan, several centuries of it in fact.

It’s really not good for a planet to have an archdemon take up residence for extended period of times. Probably better off with vampires. Or a simple Zombie apocalypse. Actually, the orcs probably prefer a zombie apocalypse, because they can hack at an opponent over and over again to get a good workout.

Will check out the list!

Tizzy

Funny you mentioned Vampires, Since Nightlords are a kind of Vampire. They spend their days as a human and as soon as the sun sets, their body dies and they spend their nights as one of the living / un-dead. But he’s also a wizard so woo whoo. Exiting. Kinda creepy that his widow is the one to turn him and his past self turned her. Inception. Though there are so many theories that he travelled to a parallel earth that was set in an earlier date and turned his own sire. CRAZY! But no confirmation yet. The parallel Earths fracture like tree branches when certain choices are made – like Hitler winning the war – then that would have it’s own branch-off with multiple Earths. Plus he puts in his own Doctor Who and supernatural Easter eggs.
    There are other kinds of vampires he finds in other versions of Earth too, though not all are friendly. Then we got Gods and Avatars the Gods can control when summoned by priests. And false Gods. Won’t tell you which God is a fake.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.