Tom’s power level

Welcome To Astlan Forums Into The Abyss Tom’s power level

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    Tizzy

That was one of the best travelographies I’ve ever read!

And I gotta tell you, when I visited, it was even better than in the book. Had a total blast!

Rosver

Well, that world’s pecullar logic is interesting. I think you would have been stomped by the room with many doors. Have you tried eating the cakes and drinking from the bottles? At least they would do wonder to your physique. You can make yourself bigger than Tom. Oh! And don’t try the mushrooms.

Tizzy

Lots of delicacies…it’s a lot of fun. Shrooms are generally suspect vegetables…they often have a lot of mana and can do unpredictable things, even in more mundane realms.

Tizzy

Anything that puts you in a higher state of mind to the point of having an out of body experience that takes you to the astral plane will make you vulnerable.

Fasting will do it for some people…we have gotten a fair number of guru’s over the years…

Tizzy

Indeed it does…where do you think most of those crazy multi-limbed deities the Indians have came from (their gurus were out exploring higher planes)…they even claim that…

Given that I’ve got 4 arms and 4 legs, I should see about setting up shop in India. I’d like to be worshiped as a god. If enough people did, I might even become one….

Rosver

Tizzy, you would be called out for blasphemy. Don’t make fun of other people’s religion.

Tizzy

I’m not making fun of a religion, I’m talking about joining it as one of their gods!

I’m certainly not going to make fun of an organization I’m trying to join.

Rosver

Sigh… Tizzy. [-x

Maou

So what’s the difference between angels and demons again. Since a demon can use divine magic as shown publicly by Tom, and privately by Len, the magics of divine beings and demons are compatible. The fact he can use the magic might possibly hint to demons not being the opposites of the gods.

Also why can’t people accept the fact that they don’t need to blame their life’s problems on demons. I am certain that most human suffering was caused both directly and indirectly by humans. Its like they made the race so they can have a group whom they can blame all their problems on.

Also do other species have other beliefs? I know that most non-humans don’t summon demons, so I was curious to know if their demons are different in their myths. I know the elves are old enough to have their own beliefs and could possibly come to other conclusions about demons, but the other races are questionable. I doubt different races have identical beliefs and myths.

Tizzy

Well, I’ve never met an angel so I don’t know.

My guess would be is that they are something like demons, PLUS they can channel mana like a priest, only more of it.

Which, in general, might make them more powerful. Again don’t know any, so can’t say for sure.

If you want to understand humans, you are asking the wrong demon….

Yes, most all species have beliefs, some are atheists…a lot of stuff that doesn’t fit the standard model is religion specific and those beings, I assume live on outer planes provided by their pantheons.

But almost all races/groups believe in demons/evil spirits/djinn/etc. They often get them confused or mixed up, but this is just misconception, missr-ecognition, and simple ignorance/etc.

For one thing, most “people” have to admit to facts on the ground, and if a demon was summoned with a mispronounced name, killed its summoner and is now free to roam Astlan, that is generally a fact on the ground that is hard to ignore.

Threefinger

well this thread derailed fast lol, I’m actually of the opinion that neither Rupert’s nor Tom’s power level was seen in the initial scan based on the fact that Rupert sleeps and wouldn’t have been moving through the palace. Also they’re both staying in Lenamare’s wing of the palace which could have been missed in the scan due to the shock of seeing three Archaedemons in one place. It is also possible that just Rupert was missed as he was a stationary green dot and not a mobile one and Tom was out of range of the mirror due to the fact that he had been spending his nights in a secluded room in the bowels of the palace to practice, it is never specified as to how many floors the mirror can see through other than it would show a representation of the person or object with demonic colors showing corruption levels. What if the mirror can only see the palace from the ceiling to the ground and not any of the basement levels or catacombs beneath the palace?

Threefinger

Realistically though his prior power level likely no longer has any relevance, due to his siphoning large amounts of god-mana from the priest link. One can only imagine what that will do to him and his power level as he is the only one know to have pulled it off. (largely thanks to the fact that the Rod cheated and gave him the tools he needed to do it with) It’s always nice when cheaters get their comeuppance.

Tizzy

Well, I’d have needed to get a look at that stupid mirror to know what he was looking at.

But it does seem to me that if there were big piles of demons higher up in the cathedral, they could block the visibility of demons in the lower regions…and of course there were a lot down there….

I believe Maelen was higher up in the Palace when he encountered Ramses & Exador walking around, so they’d be on “top” and possibly lots of others stacked below in the 2D project of a 3 dimensional space…see Interstellar for a similar discussion of 4D and 5D spaces….

Of course, you might wonder how I know this, but I was hanging out in this wormhole when…

OK, back to the topic…hmm…I forgot what I was talking about…

..hmm…well lots of people seem to have had trouble placing an exact level on Tom. We know Lenamare thought he was a minor demon, then suddenly he’s greater and who knows now….of course I was not aware that demon levels could jump like that (they generally can’t) so it could also just be a lot of people who can’t take a good reading…

I have to be honest, after hanging out with this guy in Tom’s cave…I don’t get the impression he’s overly fastidious about accuracy and the scientific method….he’s more like “judge guilt first and determine crimes later…”

Maou

Sorry for getting off topic.

Demons are more ethereal in nature than a human. They get most of their power from energy manipulation, so can demons work out? Would a demon working out have any effect or are they always at their physical prime?

Would a greater understanding of their body aid them, or would meditation be better?

Put bluntly does working out have a positive effect on a demon?

Rosver

Yeah, I wonder of that too. Do demons have exercises that enhances their abilities? Do they experience atrophy?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 125 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.