Tom’s power level

Welcome To Astlan Forums Into The Abyss Tom’s power level

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    Tizzy

I don’t think either of those would be pleasant.

Have you seen the size of Tom’s claws? Have you seen what he did to that dragon? Nope, don’t want that.

As for stealing the mirror, it’s in the Rod’s camp, surrounded by Rodlings, so far every demon that’s gone into that camp has had problems.

Rupert was killed once, and almost killed again. He, Antefalken and I were captured and almost sent to the True Death, and Tom, I swear he was a goner…but he pulled it out, but we escaped by fleeing into the Abyss….

So, no, don’t think I’m going to be doing that.

I’m starting to suspect you are trying to get me killed, or worse!

Grant

If Rupert is only a half demon but a level 4 greater demon when this becomes common knowledge will people believe tom is even more powerful because his son is a greater demon but only a half demon tom would have to be a prince at least for his half demon son to be so powerful? yes no maybe it will make for great confusion

Tizzy

Yes, this will likely cause confusion.

But it seems to me that most of the plot revolves around people being confused and misunderstanding the situation.

Of course, that’s often how a lot of wars start on Earth too.

The true danger is when most people are confused, and misunderstand each other, and then they realize that there was a simple misunderstanding and they start believing the other sides are also misunderstanding things, and that simple diplomacy might work…except…one of the multiple parties isn’t really confused and is simply using the confused assumptions of others to enhance their position.

:-“

smw

Yes, this book greatly illustrates fog of war. It does it so well, you can’t even tell if there is a war!

Tizzy

Yes, armies are on the move…just not clear where they should be moving and who the enemy actually is…

But don’t worry, the confusion only gets worse…

Madfox11

[quote=Tizzy;1128]Yes, armies are on the move…just not clear where they should be moving and who the enemy actually is…

But don’t worry, the confusion only gets worse…[/quote]

I got the distinct impression that most of the armies agreed on the fact that Tom is the enemy. The Rod might have misunderstood the reason, but that ultimately does not matter to them. Tom still is a powerful demon after all and he did just defeat their Champion. Oorstemoth on the other hand knows why and it is true in a fashion. Tom did destroy that ship of theirs in defense of a criminal. Tom might want to belief it is all a misunderstanding, but I think he is a bit naive.

I am also not too sure you want them to get that book. I doubt the demons would like it if that book end up in the Rod’s hands.

Tizzy

Yes, you are correct.

They primarily think the enemy is Tom…and the other archdemons they found in the city…there is confusion as to if they are all aligned.

The big problem they have is, where to move the armies to…he jumped into the Abyss, would Oorstemoth seriously consider invading the Abyss to get him back? And what about the Rod? And the Rod’s bosses on high? And what about…oh wait that’s the third chapter of book ii…never mind.

I suppose, in a weird way, Lenamare should be grateful to Tom, this may distract the Rod and Oorstemoth from the book (which the Rod doesn’t really know about yet)…although Oorstemoth wants its historical artifact back.

Tizzy

T-A-G is so so so so so so so so slow….if I knew how to type, I’d finish the stupid thing myself…sheesh..

Looks like he’s missing his year end sorta deadline. If I were to guess it will be about 1 year after the first book. So slow…so slow…He needs to stop going to that stupid skyscraper downtown during the day. No idea what he’s doing down there and I really don’t see what he gets out of it…

Tizzy

Astlanians or other Demons in the Abyss?

Hmm…both have infinite paranoia so…

However, the big shot demons will always think they are greater than everyone else, so there are limits with them.

Same is true of Lenamare

Everyone else…well I think the ceiling is probably the height above ground in the Abyss that the hole Talarius fell through was.

Madfox11

[quote=Tizzy;1132]T-A-G is so so so so so so so so slow….if I knew how to type, I’d finish the stupid thing myself…sheesh..
    [/quote]

Do I want to know how you type these posts? :-s Probably not… o:)

Tizzy

No, you really don’t, but being a demon I will tell you anyway for the fear and discomfort it will cause you!

You see, when you signed up for the forum, you gave me what people on Earth call an ’email address’ in the Abyss we call that a ‘true name’

Now that I have your true names, I can create a binding to you so that I can project words into your brain and you “think” you are seeing them as my responses to your posts, however there is nothing really there on the website, since I don’t have a computer and don’t know how to type.

Also, even if I had a computer, which do show up in the Courts now and then, I’m pretty sure the Abyss sill only has a dial up AOL connection to the Internet.

Obviously, we keep it this way to torture people in the Abyss who need to get online. That and out (1/2) G cellular data connections. Although if the Demon Princes are feeling particularly cruel they’ll give a victim an iPhone and ATT as a provider. They’ll soon be begging for AOL!!!!!

smw

[quote=Tizzy;1136]You see, when you signed up for the forum, you gave me what people on Earth call an ’email address’ in the Abyss we call that a ‘true name’
    [/quote]

So… how many true names can one person have? I have quite a few!

Tizzy

That seems very risky if you ask me.

You’ve got all these true names, any one of which could be used by a wizard to summon you.

I’m glad I’ve only got one….makes me harder to summon.

You do know there is this group of royal Nigerian wizards out there always trying to summon people and entrap them. Seems like you’d be fighting off those spells all the time…

Madfox11

[quote=Tizzy;1138]
    You do know there is this group of royal Nigerian wizards out there always trying to summon people and entrap them. Seems like you’d be fighting off those spells all the time…[/quote]

I never understood how people could fall for those. Now some of the Russian ones that make their summon appear to be from a legit source, those I can understand. Mind you, who would just give their true name if asked by a random face when surfing? 😉

Tizzy

well, apparently Tom because it was only a face shouting at him that caused him to blurt out his name.

However, in his defense, if he hadn’t done so, the book would have been a LOT shorter…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 125 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.