Killing Demons

Welcome To Astlan Forums Into The Abyss Killing Demons

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    Tizzy

Maou and I posted at same time.

Gods don’t like the Abyss. God’s can’t do a lot on the Abyss. More on this and what happens to clerics and knights rampant when they go to the Abyss in Book II.

Rosver

@Maou:

There is actually lots of possibilities why.

First, I revise your question. Instead of asking why the gods haven’t destroyed the demons. Ask the reverese. Why would they destroy the demons?

Obviously, the situation here is very different from angel-and-devil situation in the bible. From what could be taken from the book, demons and gods are essentially two diffrent species that are just more powerful than humans. Here, to the gods, demons are just a major annoyance, but since the demons doesn’t really have harmed any of the gods before. Demons, to the gods, is a nuisance but pose little threat, so it seems. But when a demon kills a god, now that is a different scenario altogether.

@Tizzy:

They get tortured?

Rosver

Well, Lenamare just say that you are a liar. Is all you said true?

Also, maybe Tom will kill a god?………… Why am I thinking that?

Tizzy

I don’t think Tom is as crazy that. Heck, I’m not even that crazy…

You seem to be the only one around here crazy enough to even think about [u][i][b]killing[/b][/i][/u] a god.

I hope when the Blue Lightning strikes you, you are offline, because otherwise the Internet will probably be shorted out.

Maou

The gods avoid the abyss and have their powers weakened their as even the souls of their faithful are beyond their reach once in the abyss. This means that something down their can be weaponized into weakening, imprisoning, or killing the gods. Find out what keeps the gods out and you will know their weakness for once. You might think they will smite the demon who did so, but they likely won’t. The gods fear nothing than a lack of followers, however if something could kill them they would likely fear it and wish it destroyed, but as they would never have experienced something such as this before it will likely make them uncomfortable and many might not truly understand the concept of their mortality after having lived their entire lives free of the prospect of death and fear.

Rosver

@Tizzy:

It was just a joke! Well you do react to it beautifuly. Maou though remains so unruffled. He is made of solid stuff.

@Maou:

Hmmm. If the god here are like Greek and Roman gods, then acts of vengence from gods isn’t really foreign. Being a subject of their wrath isn’t a great thing to be.

Tizzy

There are definitely some greasy gods here, and they do roam all over the place.

Tizzy

Well there is a member of the Nyjyr Ennead who has hung out on top of (or well, I think sort of underneath in a cave) a mountain with Greasy Gods.

But I can’t really say more than that due to spoilage….

Rosver

Are we going to meet some of these gods in book two?

Tizzy

Unfortunately, I’ve an unusual amount of trouble convincing others of my divinity.

However, I am, of course, the one true deity that everyone should worship!

All hail Tizzy!

However, since I can’t actually consume other people’s mana or animus: I demand you sacrifice [u][b][i]Pizza Rolls[/i][/b][/u] to me!

Maou

Can I just sacrifice some [size=1][color=yellow]male[/color][/size] virgins instead. I have plans for the pizza roles [color=cyan][size=1]and the nubile[/size][/color].

Tizzy

Hmm,

I don’t know, virgins are getting seriously devalued in the outer realms.

There’s this one deity, flooding the market 72 virgins at a time to worshipers that blow things up for him.

I really like pizza rolls because they’re easy to store.

Rosver

I can’t see any point in giving offering to Tizzy.

Tizzy

Because I give you highly reliable, completely factual, unbiased, verifiable (if you want to come to the Abyss or Astlan and check it out, you are welcome to stay in my cave), trustworthy information?

Rosver

That as T-A-G says is debatable.

I would like to visit your cave but caution says otherwise. The things I know about the Abyss really doesn’t make it a great place for me to be.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.