Killing Demons

Welcome To Astlan Forums Into The Abyss Killing Demons

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    Tizzy

Exactly, I lull them into complacency before I suck their souls with one of those curly sippy straws!

:d/

Rosver

You have them? Won’t they have melt in the abyss?

Tizzy

I keep them somewhere cool and dark.

How do you think I keep my smoke stash from spontaneously com busting down there in the Abyss? Almost don’t need a lighter.

Would you like one? I could pull one out of my cool dark place.

They smell a might bit funky, but they work fine.

Madfox11

The sample of demons in the book seems to be a bit low to form any opinion on the general sanity of demons. From what little we have seen though, I did not get the feel that demons have a tight control over their emotions. Their lack of empathy, their rage when dealing with the accursed masters and similar things seem to suggest they are neither more nor less sane than humans.

Note btw that complete rationality is also a form of insanity. Empathy and emotions do perform a function for an individual to survive within a group, let alone with creatures of other groups.

Maou

That’s from a human perspective. All organisms will often view themselves as the norm. A mindset differs than the norm is often view as a form of insanity. Well some are viewed as more sane, but most are viewed as less sane. We are demons their for demons are sane and foolish human mortals wallow in their own madness. We pretend to be mad for amusement and when we don’t the humans react poorly to demons acting rational, thinking we’ll try to trick them into doing something morally reprehensible. They can do that without us. I swear most of the worst things they’ve done and blamed on demons was either started by a demon and then perpetrated much longer by other humans as the demon had other things to do, or was something they blamed on a demon. A human could never do ______ so a demon must have made them do it. So human to blame something on demons. I swear they just use us as scapegoats to justify their own actions. If we are so bad, why do they keep summoning us. If they stopped the demonic plague to their world would end. Sense they haven’t done this they clearly need us for some reason which they fail to express. I know I would never summon a physical manifestation of what I perceived to be pure evil. That screams bad idea.

Tizzy

I am not sure I am qualified to comment on this…but I can testify as to TWO insane individuals.

If you have to debate insanity, then I suspect you are trying to self-diagnose.

I personally find most everyone to be insane in their own way, demon or human. Again, I only know of one person who is 100% certifiably sane. It’s also the only person whose secrets and motivations I have even a remote glimpse of.

Tizzy

OK, seeing two more open topics…at least one of which has a lot of discussion…will get those tomorrow for reasons listed earlier and because I am being distracted by this Estrebius fellow who’s a friend of Boggy’s and has some crazy proposal from his accursed master for Tom…talk about cheeky…

Also that stupid incubus is playing with his toy again…need to tell him it’s not polite…I don’t trust him one bit…you shouldn’t either…

This cave sucks…

Maou

Tom’s ability to find an accursed master on the mortal plane and open a portal for a demon to go their under no wards at any time or place will likely be in great demand. Frankly their is little a demon would enjoy more than an option for that. Look at what Tizzy or any demon other than Tom does when they run into their master whom is unprotected and unmolested. They mess them up. That is a skill that could be used greatly for demonic profit as it lets one kill the master and loot their stuff. Wizards tend to be rich.

Rosver

@Maou:

I was also mulling at using object links for the same purpose. Object links is also quite much better as you can put the objects in strategic positions and they can have multiple number of them.

Tizzy

I’m not sure which thing you are referring to as ridiculous.

Opening a gateway to the “correct” plane is not a trivial as you might think. Even for the truly skilled, and then which planet do you open it to…how do you avoid opening a gate in the middle of deep space between planets?

We are talking an infinite number of near infinite planes, it is sort of like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Teleportation on a plane requires you to know where you to know your destination very well.
    Runic Gateways require gates with links between them on both ends.
    Astral Travel requires orientation in the Astral Plane and some sort of map or idea of where you are going and how to get there.

So popping back and forth between two infinite planes with a ‘gateway’ that has no end points is extremely difficult. You could end up anywhere in the Abyss or on Anuropia or worse…

Maou

Most demons are bound to a wizard and this can be tracked, or a higher leveled demon can just hijack a summons. Any demon on astlan can make portals with great accuracy into the abyss. A demon with astralmancy or the wizardly equivalent could also probably navigate the two planes with little difficulty.

Rosver

Well. It is quite implied that Tom’s ability to trace the binding is unusual.

Hmm. So the strong demons could pop between the two worlds no prob. That reminds me with the issue of Ramses playing the piano. That scene could actually be in the Abyss. How could the piano work there. Piano lovers would be horrified with the abuse.

Rosver

It probably just dessipates.

Tizzy

It probably depends on how the genetics play out, how elfish is the person? That would effect the rate at which the animus leaves the body.

Plus, Elves typically do dissipate, but that’s not an apriori requirement. It’s just someone or something needs to grab their animus pretty fast. So with the right preparations, one could move on to an after life. For all I know, and I don’t, there may be elvish religions that have an after life.

Why I say this? Elven liches. You don’t see many of them, relatively speaking. But I’ve heard of at least one. Somehow that elf necromancer managed to contain her animus after death and get it through the liching process.

Tizzy

That happens…you should gets some potions of endless commenting…those help. Really annoying to your friends and family but…not as bad as a “Curse of Kvetching” but pretty close.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.