ETA: Next book

Welcome To Astlan Forums Into The Abyss ETA: Next book

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 156 total)
  • Author
    Madfox11

[quote=Tizzy;1575]He’s full of excuses…if he was a demon his master would not stand for this sort of tardiness.

Accursed Masters don’t put up with slothfulness.

Someone needs to summon T-A-G, turn him into a demon and order him to hurry up and finish the book already![/quote]

Can’t demons do that – or at least the ones with wizard powers? If so, give the author an otherwordly experience, arrange with a friend to summon him and done. Or is there some kind of demon ethics against summoning and binding fellow demons?

Korwin

Tizzy just noticed you blew your cover :-”
    [Quote]Name: Tizzy

Rosver

Guys versus girls? Girls win hands down when it comes to talking. Just have a few of them together and they will non stop.

Tizzy

Well, I didn’t say that the real world worked like this forum, only that I wish it did.

I’d give her a run for her money on talking though…

And she pretty much is the definition of girl/woman as in she came before her ex-husband’s second wife, who everyone insists was the first woman…I guess that makes Lillith the zeroeth woman.

The ProtoWoman…and according to the Holy Texts, not made out of her husband’s spare parts.

Gelcube

[quote=The Author Guy;1573]
    So…if I can finish it in March, figure April/May for Beta and Editing. Meaning June-ish for release.
    [/quote]

YAY!

[quote=The Author Guy;1573]
    At this moment, I am working on the 2nd Edition of Book 1 as well. It is currently at an editor, getting a proper/professional editing. I am also trying to solicit new cover art…for it and Book 2.
    [/quote]

Guess I’ll have to buy The White Album again.

I’m hoping to figure out how to make the 2nd edition a free upgrade…not yet sure how that works.

I know minor updates/changes get or can get propagated, not sure on a second edition…I should hope it would be. If they make it a hassle, I’ll try to figure out something…I want people who bought the first edition to get the second. Technically, their buying the first edition paid for the editing of the second edition…

Just joined the forums and I would like to say that i really like Book 1, and I’m looking forward to Book 2.

– [i]Dirk[/i]

Tizzy

Super!

Cool hat by the way!

Thank you! As you know it’s hard to find good hats these days so I’ve been forced to make my own from my prior hat knowledge.

What I’m currently Wearing is called a Regent, if I’m not mistaken.

– [i]Dirk[/i]

Tizzy

I believe you are correct.

One of the great benefits of haberdashery is opportunity to breathe in mercury vapors, my friend Alice has a close personal friend who makes hats, he became extremely lucid the more hats he made. He throws the best tea parties, and is one of the few people that I can have a long and in depth conversations with.

The Author Guy unfortunately lives about half a block from a [url=http://www.goorin.com/]Goorin Brothers Hat Shop[/url] where he gets his hats so he doesn’t get the opportunity to inhale any mercury.

And for a full range of gentlemen’s attire might I suggest the [url=http://www.gentlemansemporium.com/gentlemans.php]Emporium stores[/url]

They have Victorian, Steam Punk and Western fashions and accessories for both men and women.

However, as I said, I think making one’s own hats leads to a happier, more rational outlook, if you follow the classic traditions, that is.

Tizzy

Death, actually.

Having talked to my share of dead people, I can attest they are all remarkably unchallenged. Seriously bored,

This is why so many people choose to get reincarnated. Sitting around on a cloud playing a harp gets really old, really fast. No worries about food, no worry about obtaining mercury…

Can you imagine sitting on a cloud listening to or playing harp music for well…13 billion years so far…if one died today, i’m sure they’d be stuck on a cloud for at least another 13 billion years.

So, OK, maybe Antefalken, being a bard, wouldn’t have a problem with that…but I couldn’t take it.

I suppose that’s why I’m down here in the Abyss.

Madfox11

[quote=Tizzy;1613]Death, actually.

Having talked to my share of dead people, I can attest they are all remarkably unchallenged. Seriously bored,

This is why so many people choose to get reincarnated. Sitting around on a cloud playing a harp gets really old, really fast. No worries about food, no worry about obtaining mercury…

Can you imagine sitting on a cloud listening to or playing harp music for well…13 billion years so far…if one died today, i’m sure they’d be stuck on a cloud for at least another 13 billion years.

So, OK, maybe Antefalken, being a bard, wouldn’t have a problem with that…but I couldn’t take it.

I suppose that’s why I’m down here in the Abyss.[/quote]

I think they, the pure souls floating on clouds that is, can always decide to join the army of angels and fight you demons? The real odd thing is that to get at those clouds you need to work hard and diligantly. One would think that hard workers have more of a problem with doing nothing than the lazy geezers, but sloth is a sin…

Personally I find both options a bit boring, but that might be why I tend to spend so much time designing challenges for adventurers, challenges that make them curse my name but still make them stronger and have some good stories to tell. It is fun to think up the plots and to watch those mort… I mean adventurers stumble around 😉

Tizzy

Yes, but heaven is supposed to be an idyllic vacation from the struggles of mortal life.

If you end up going to war, that seems to defeat this idea of heaven. On the other hand, that’s pretty much exactly what’s going on in Valhalla…so OK…

It really depends on the religion, I am sure.

I think this is why it’s important to choose your religion wisely while alive (or pick one with reincarnation so you can change your mind later). You don’t want to get into a religion that locks you into 13 billion years of never ending harp music with no “out” option.

Madfox11

[quote=Tizzy;1617]

I think this is why it’s important to choose your religion wisely while alive (or pick one with reincarnation so you can change your mind later). You don’t want to get into a religion that locks you into 13 billion years of never ending harp music with no “out” option.

[/quote]

You can always start a rebellion.

Tizzy

Yeah…rebellion is not really not a good way to go.

A pissed off deity with a grudge is not something you want to go up against…

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 156 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.