ETA: Next book

Welcome To Astlan Forums Into The Abyss ETA: Next book

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 156 total)
  • Author
    Rosver

Or maybe you take the other belief where we just disappear when we die. No souls, no other life, nada.

Tizzy

Well, if you believe in a god enough to make an enemy of them, they probably won’t stand for you trying to dissolve yourself on death and will put a lien on your soul.

If you are an atheist, then you aren’t going to have another god there to fight the lien, so by default, the deity will get it.

So your better bet would be to align yourself with a rival god who would be willing to fight for your soul upon death…

You really don’t want to be all alone in the afterlife, even if you plan to dissolve, you won’t be able to do it fast enough to not be captured. For one thing, most people have no ability to control anything once they die, so they can’t speed up their dissolution….

Rosver

When do they have the right to put a lien to my soul. It is mine damn it! I can do whatever I want with it.

Tizzy

Well…

IMHO…gods are all jackasses, and they sort of make bankers and credit card companies look like amateurs.

But, yes, if you were worshiping them, nominally or otherwise, and then say, try to leave, or really piss them off, they will put a binding on your soul to try to collect it upon your death (that’s actually part and parcel with being a worshiper–you go with them when you die). Now, typically you’d negotiate an agreement with a new god to avoid the lien, sort of like The Penguin going back and forth with Don Maroni and Don Falcone on Gotham…

but if you decide to become an atheist, you are out of luck, since you’ve got no god or goddess in your corner.

At this point, your best bet is to sell your soul to a powerful demon lord and become a warlock so the demon lord can have your soul upon death.

Now true, that might not be pleasant either but, surely better than the wrath of a bitter angry god or goddess.

Again, can’t stress enough, unless you happen to be a demon, or an elf or someone that can stick around for a very long time, atheism is a very very bad choice.

It’s made necromancers out of more than a few atheist wizards trying to cheat death…

Iume

Interesting. Demon’s collect souls? Thinking through book 1 I don’t recall any mention of such things. Is the currency used in the Abyss a representation of souls a demon owns or can redeem? Also, what do the souls do for the demons?

Tizzy

I’m not really sure, but that’s what the Astlanian’s say we do, they like to talk about selling their souls to us all the time.

I’d ask Lillith, but she doesn’t like me that much and is liable to show me by example. If she’s eating the souls then that would be bad.

I, on the other hand, am collecting souls via email address on this site, and I am going to use those binding links to summon people to be my demon army so that I can take over the Abyss and establish myself as Despot Supremus! I’m going to need a lot of canon fodder.

Rosver

@lume

I think Tizzy is making this all up.

@Tizzy

So you just base it on rumors? Not really good sources of information.

Tizzy

Well, I’m only one demon, I don’t know what others are doing.

I know what I am doing, and that’s raising a demon army via email. How others collect souls…no idea, nor what they do with them.

Rosver

Via internet? You’ll probably get trolls. Now an army of demon trolls might just make you lose your temper.

Still, what other things could you do with souls?

Tizzy

oooh Demon Troll army….

We do see a lot of spam registrations her, but the email validation keeps their soul from being captured.

Collected souls have to both create a login and validate their email address.

They are then prioritized by the number of posts they make to the forum.

Those with the highest posts (e.g. rank on the left) will be harvested first.

So the thing is, keep in mind if you see a lot of colored lights and people chanting around you, you’ll know the harvesting has begun.

The main thing I know of that demons do with souls is either make more demons (for demon armies) and otherwise enslave them or torture them for eternity.

Actually, Antefalken does go into some detail on this in book ii when “briefing” or I guess is the correct term is “debriefing,” Talarius.

As a rule, you pretty much have to be “damned” to get here by some mechanism, usually as part of a bargain to sell your soul to a demon.

From what I’ve heard, the demon you sell your soul to can do whatever they want, typically they torture you for a few thousand years, and corrupt you further until you develop your own penchant and desire to inflict torment on others, at which point you sort of become a demon….I guess. Not really sure.

I know some dark gods eat souls, I am not aware of any demons doing that, but it’s perfectly possible.

Actually, I do know that Demon Forged Blades usually have souls trapped in them. That is how, btw, you get talking/intelligent magic items, whether you are a demon, wizard or other mana wielder. Intelligent magic items always have souls bound to them (trapped in them).

Rosver

Scary, then I should stop posting right now. IN FACT I should bail out right now. How to unregister?

Who would sell their souls to the demons anyway.

And if you get me, be afraid. Be very afraid.

You mean those items are haunted? Time to call the Ghost Busters!

George

[size=8] Yo, people what’s happening?[/size]

Well I am having a whale of a time with sleepless nights and exams keeping me up along with the excitement of waiting for the new book, which I hope comes out soon… Author guy don’t give up on this series dude, it’s like the only series that is not complete trash* currently populating the paranormal part of goodreads(along with a couple of other books I won’t mention, cause I don’t remember their titles anymore(too much stress#-o )), I still don’t understand how twilight get to be called good when it came out. If that thing sold out so much maybe if we get more people to read your first book more people will spread the word, I suggest all demons to recommend “Into The Abyss” to friends anywhere and everywhere.

It would be real cool if people with new ideas or new takes on a genre could improve the world of fiction, because right now all I see in the paranormal section are romance books, romance books and wait there is more…. Romance books, where has all the scary monsters that make check the closets gone you ask? Well to the answer your question is that currently the immortal or almost immortal children of the night are wooing seventeen year old’s and being general creeps who can’t seem to keep their supposed hormones under control(vampires don’t even have a heart beat according to popular legend, so how are the hormones like endorphins getting in their bloodstream); of course that is so romantic and this comes as no shocker considering that it’s just a quick way to make cash now… I admit though, I didn’t like this even with Anne RIce, I found her characters interesting but the language was way too much for my primitive brain.

Thomas Edward Perkinje is a breath of fresh air cleaning up the rotting stench of a bubble economy or should I say a bubble genre that is gonna burst into pieces soon, hopefully sooner than I imagine because if people kept buying that tripe I would have to deal with my kids expecting vampires to be humans with immortality and demons as nice doctors with a quick fix to all problems, like heroin or cocaine! Don’t even get me started on werewolves, alpha males my hind!!!

* I mean no insult by this I love your book and I hope more come out, thank you for taking the time to read the post!! Muchas chimichangas amigos(trying to channel deadpool here, don’t tell him though or I am in for a quick trip to the underworld along with a couple of kilotons of TNT and C4)

**I didn’t even know I could write this much, damn where was all this when I had to submit that essay?

Tizzy

Hey Shadow George…only a few more posts until you become and imp!

If T-A-G tries to give up I will poke him with a pitch fork. Odd, you know, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a pitchfork in the Abyss?

Why are demons always pictured with pitchforks? We don’t grow a lot of hay down here. Hmm…

Books, being commercial objects tend to have a meme cycle or something…plots come in waves, usually following some huge money making wave and everyone trying to do a me too.

This is particularly true with the traditional book market where publishers, agents etc are looking for the next guaranteed money maker. Same for Books, TV, Movies etc.

Harry Potter cleaned up and then we had all these schools for wizards, monster, gods, vampires etc books.

Then sparkly vampires and cuddly werewolves made money so now all these romances with cuddly creatures of the night. I’m sorry, but I do think it says something about how they are raising their children. A girl encounters a blood soaked fanged monster chowing down on a neighbor and she falls helplessly in love with him and they run off together to make half human half vampire babies?

Seriously? In my day you avoided people with vans and candy, seems like at some point parents could warn their kids about blood sucking fiends!

That being said, I’ve met a lot of fun party loving vampires, liches and other creatures of the night. I wouldn’t want my daughter (if I had one) dating them, but they are pretty fun to party with. But that may be because I am a demon and love mayhem and mass murder. As I’ve said before, nothing beats a nice fresh Baby Buffet for Breakfast….

Jonnyboi

[quote=Tizzy;1844]

Then sparkly vampires and cuddly werewolves made money so now all these romances with cuddly creatures of the night. I’m sorry, but I do think it says something about how they are raising their children. A girl encounters a blood soaked fanged monster chowing down on a neighbor and she falls helplessly in love with him and they run off together to make half human half vampire babies?

Seriously? In my day you avoided people with vans and candy, seems like at some point parents could warn their kids about blood sucking fiends!

That being said, I’ve met a lot of fun party loving vampires, liches and other creatures of the night. I wouldn’t want my daughter (if I had one) dating them, but they are pretty fun to party with. But that may be because I am a demon and love mayhem and mass murder. As I’ve said before, nothing beats a nice fresh Baby Buffet for Breakfast….

[/quote]

What can I say Tizzy, guess that nowadays teenage girls are turned on by dangerous decaying and dead people.
    I mean not everyone can say they have sex with dead people.

Tizzy

I am actually pretty sure that was the idea of the pitchforks, to pick up/toss/transport the souls in hell.

I seem to recall that as part of the original idea.

Of course, it also makes sense, souls need to be guarded against escape, and if you are a religious peasant/surf, the closest thing you have to a weapon is a pitchfork, so that’s what you use on all those Point One Percenters from the Castle that screwed you over in life and are now damned.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 156 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.