ETA: Next book

Welcome To Astlan Forums Into The Abyss ETA: Next book

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 156 total)
  • Author
    Rosver

And why would wizards breed more demons. That is just looking for trouble… not that the wizards aren’t in trouble for binding demons in the first place.

@Tizzy:

number 3 sounds very much like a Hentai Tentacle monster. I can’t decide if I’m to be amused or repelled.

Maou

I thought demons could shape-shift into anything. In theory a demon could turn into a cat with practice. They typically choose a humanoid shape as it is what they are most familiar with and is the easiest for them, or they try to create a weaponized or idolized form. I doubt Bess was originally a cat-headed woman with that looked like a living statue and I doubt that Lenamare naturally ages. He is an entire line of wizards with slightly variant features, none of them looked the same so he would have to age himself in a believable manner, pretend to be injured, keep track of all his scars, and somehow take characteristics of himself and the female he is using for his mother at the time. He also needs to appear as a child while growing up, he would also have to have both his parental and child forms present at the same time on some occasions or the illusion would break. Aging, scars, bleeding, and his corpse would all have to be faked. Demons are limited by familiarity and time. So a dragon could pose as a human, demon, or reptile. A demon doesn’t need to be a human either as it was shown that some of them were twisted into fauns and other demonic Greek nonhuman creatures and what not. Less human forms simply take longer to perfect and maintain for demons.

Tizzy

WELL…now that you bring it up.

I think you meant Exador hardly ages…but…actually he does. This was touched upon late in book 1 and is talked about more in book 2, he actually continuously shape shifts to age himself. And he does the “never in the same room at the same time trick” to have both father and son interact with people. Now…the real question that we don’t know the answer to is…who is Mrs. Exador and what’s her story?

The vast majority of demons can not shape shift. Not all Greater Demons can shape shift. I would argue that at best, half of them can.

As to Bess? Well in book ii you’ll know more. But yes, she changes her appearance frequently. She wasn’t looking like a cat on the carpet during the climax. Sipping tea from a china tea cup is tricky for a cat on a carpet. Lap, yes, drink, no.

And as to the limits, I point you back to what Rupert told Tom. The more different the form is from what you are used to or your true form/self image, the harder it is to maintain.

Maou

Also how would a shifted demon go about crying or sweating? Would they need to eat the required materials, do it with no difficulty, or be forced to use complex/simple spells.

Rosver

You have to sweat to get girls in bed? Don’t know sweat and female libido are connected.

Rosver

Yeah. He doesn’t seem to apear appealing as a sexual partner.

spacer

This thread line is called ETA: next book, right? So can someone tell me when the estimated time of arrival is for DOA 2?

Tizzy

Tears…not sweat, he has to appear moved by emotional things, weepy weepy.

He’s actually pretty good looking by human standards, other than the wings and ok, the hooves…but I point out that Satyrs have zero problems getting the ladies so it’s really just the wings. He’s also a bard, they are really good at raking in the groupies.

Tizzy

Yes, the thread is ETA of next book.

But T-A-G is so incredibly slow we’ve moved on to other things in the thread.

However, there is hope that spring will bring great things….for one thing he’s planning on using a real editor and that can add a lot of time…plus there will be the beta reader program…depending on how all that goes and what changes there are…it could go longer, I fear.

I have to go rescue Tom now, so I will have to answer the other forum posts that are outstanding tomorrow…

Jonnyboi

Define “saving” since it seems that mortals and demons have a radical way of looking at things and well I wouldn’t want to have a misunderstanding considering our varying stages of insanity.

Tizzy

Ahh, yes, you need to understand demonese.

If the object of the verb is a demon, I mean that in the way most favorable to me, IF i WERE THE OBJECT/DEMON myself

If the object of the verb is a non-demon (human/elf/dwarf/etc), I mean that in the way most favorable to ME THE ACTOR UPON THE OBJECT/HUMAN/ETC, and thus the LEAST favorable way to the object of the verb.

Korwin

[quote=Korwin;876]Late this year still an accurate ETA?
    eARC? Beta Reading?

[/quote]

New year, new book?

Hi,

So the big hold up has been that about 2 weeks after book 1 was published I started a contract job downtown where I work in an office for about 9 hours plus travel. First time in about 12-13 years, traditionally I work remotely maybe a trip for a week a month or 1 to 2 days a week onsite.

This everyday thing killed my schedule on lots of fronts, but in particular book 2. (when working at home, I can mix up my schedule so if I get a strong urge to write, I write and then work later and vice versa…doesn’t work that way in an office–plus office burns you out).

That ends this month, so I hope to do a big push in Feb/March and wrap the book up. We shall see.

At this moment, I am working on the 2nd Edition of Book 1 as well. It is currently at an editor, getting a proper/professional editing. I am also trying to solicit new cover art…for it and Book 2.

Once Book 2 is done, it goes to Beta…no idea how long that will take, but let’s say a couple weeks, plus inclusion time/rewriting. Then it goes to editor. With Book 1 she wanted 6 weeks. Once that’s done another week or for formatting/kindlizing etc. (Deadtree galley process etc)

So…if I can finish it in March, figure April/May for Beta and Editing. Meaning June-ish for release.

Sorry it keeps getting longer but this weird “go to a job everyday” thing really threw off my schedule.

T-A-G

Jonnyboi

Halleluah! thx author man just knowing a outline is good enough for me.

Tizzy

He’s full of excuses…if he was a demon his master would not stand for this sort of tardiness.

Accursed Masters don’t put up with slothfulness.

Someone needs to summon T-A-G, turn him into a demon and order him to hurry up and finish the book already!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 156 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.