ETA: Next book

Welcome To Astlan Forums Into The Abyss ETA: Next book

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 156 total)
  • Author
    Rosver

Well, at least you now have Tom and Rupert and me. You are not alone anymore.

Tizzy

o:)

Fuzzy Wuzzies!

Rosver

Eeep!! Don’t call it that! To think demons would use a word like that. It makes me shiver.

Tizzy

Yeah, well you squashed my fuzzie wuzzies when you started talking about using demon hide for couch covers!

Rosver

Well, just imagine the possibilities! Demon hide is just amazing.

And why are you skittish about this? I read much worse from your brethen! And you call yourself a demon. Exador would not blink at this. Would have even thought it a great idea.

Tizzy

It’s one thing to skin a human. Or eat one. They’re an inferior species so a tanned human hide coat for example is no worse than one from a cow.

But demons? Those are people! It would be completely immoral!

Although truth be told, I’ve heard that more than a few of the demon princes eat their enemies for breakfast, and I’m pretty sure they mean that literally.

Rosver

Well, I guess its ok for demons to torture, maim and (permanently) kill other demons but not to skin them. I can’t really see the logic. Maybe skining demons isn’t demonic enough?

And looks who is talking about immorality. That is rich!

Tizzy

Of course it is rich!

You do have to admit there is a high correlation between immorality and wealth?

Compare the lifestyles of billionaire playboys with oil companies to that of nuns? Which are moral, which are rich?

Evil pays!

Of course the eternal retirement plan is pretty unpleasant for evil playboys, so enjoy they should enjoy it while they can!

Tizzy

I love loaded questions, they tend to go off in people’s faces!

Maou

How many demons are fuzzy?

Beyond that the generic humanoid demons are intimidating and repulsive (by human standards), incubi/succubi are attractive and hormone-inducing, and humans can likely think of a lot of stupid reasons to initially summon demons, so it stands to reason that the abyssal demons might have a few variations beyond rank. So what are the other types of demons in the abyss if they exist, and what types of auras and appearances might they have?

Tizzy

Well…that sort of depends on what you call demons since there are other denizens with quite different shapes that aren’t exactly demons…basilisks, dragons, nightmares, etc…

But about anything you can wake up screaming thinking about is around, somewhere.

As I’ve mentioned though, you don’t find a whole lot of 100 foot plus tall demons since it’s really a pain to interact with other demons and to find furniture that doesn’t get crushed.

What, they just going to stand in that swamp or 1000 foot deep chasm? Some of these demon pictures by various artists just don’t make a lot of practical sense.

Of course, you do find impractical demons, typically shape changed that way as a punishment from an overlord.

Maou

So what types of demon are there beyond the average demon which i will now call a devil and a cubi which will try to seduce you. I will also assume more cubi are female or feminine as I think horny teenage males are more likely to summon a demoness for obvious reasons than the reverse. Not saying it can’t happen, but it is always the horny teenage boy from most of my past experiences, which I won’t elaborate on.

Madfox11

I don’t know, really huge demons do wonders as living siege engines and spreading terror on battlefields. I certainly have read about such types, although they do tend to be the stupid types and they are often created and/or bread by fellow demons and mad wizards.

Note btw that if getting children is the prime goal, then you actually would prefer male scubi. Sure, they might not be summoned as much (which I really wouldn’t bet on since in general at least on Earth woman tend to be really frowned on when having sexual relations beyond that of their husbands, and no scubi is going to blathermouth), but one male can impregnate a lot more woman then the other way around. Myths on low-magic worlds also tend to depict women more often as demon summoners, but that I blame squarely on male propaganda 😉

Madfox11

Do you need to litterally breed demons or could you actually create them through magical modifying existing demons (in books the far more common way to create those living siege engine types)?

Maou

If you wanted to you could use the demon binding ritual on an Astlanian soul with the intention of making a demon. They typically use souls of beings whose identity they cannot recognize, but you could really use any soul for the purpose of creation. Typically Astlanian souls are used by necromancers and their souls and true names are often protected by a deity, but a demon with mind reeving (21 animage ability), which doesn’t technically exist, you could simply rip a multitude from a priest or see if the person them-self knows it. Not sure about magic in Astlan, but in some realities that I know of magic is stronger when a person knows of their true name. It holds power over the person so they could likely use it to empower themself and since mind reading is mythical in story their is little risk provided you don’t say it. Just use their name, sever their silver cord, kill them and capture the spirit, or find the spirit lingering on its own and then use it to make a demon, or whatever other mana construct you desire. You could make them hard to find for espionage, or have a calming and reassuring presence for somebody with great charisma, really you are just limited by the summoner’s and the summoned’s imagination.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 156 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.