Beta – Some Things and opinions

Welcome To Astlan Forums Beta Reading Beta – Some Things and opinions

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Puck

I’m so down for Vaselle popping up. That would be awesome. I really want his inner motivations to come to light. Like, its a really good one! Rejected by god after god so he goes to a Demon Prince? Epic

[quote=Burien;5460]He could show up just to be Tom’s eyes and ears in the command center, literally.[/quote]

That is actually quite interesting, for both Tamarin and Vaselle. I like it.

Let’s see about working that in after beta 1.

Iume

Orcus bringing a spy to a meeting with Tiernon’s folk when he is backed by D’Orcs? How would the D’Orcs feel about that?

Skaar

You could also have him wearing some kind of mask hiding his identity, then have a situation similar to tal gors and have everyone freak out about him thinking he’s some overly powerful warlock, more so having him in a similar situation as tom with him trying to keep a double life and stressing out over everyone thinking he’s more powerful and skilled than he really is

GameGraphix

Why does it have to be a secret – Tom could just come out and say that he is leaving someone in the command post as his eyes and ears….

plays into the hold idea that he doesn’t trust Tiernon’s crew – which they already know when it was first suggested that they put a bunch of avatars on the Isle of Doom

EDIT: Just thinking, if Vaselle is left in the Command center as “Lord Orcus'” eyes and ears – what happens when Teragdor runs into him????

EyeDeKay

[quote=GameGraphix;5554]Why does it have to be a secret – Tom could just come out and say that he is leaving someone in the command post as his eyes and ears….

plays into the hold idea that he doesn’t trust Tiernon’s crew – which they already know when it was first suggested that they put a bunch of avatars on the Isle of Doom

EDIT: Just thinking, if Vaselle is left in the Command center as “Lord Orcus'” eyes and ears – what happens when Teragdor runs into him????[/quote]

An awkward conversation. . .

EyeDeKay

They could understand having “eyes and ears” for info. Not like he’s being a diplomat or lawyer.

I think keeping the fact that Vaselle is Lord Tommus’ warlock “a secret” is pretty much impossible if Vaselle is there, and folks are amicably disposed towards Tom.

Vaselle is very proud of being a Warlock. The first Warlock of Orcus in four thousand years is a pretty big deal.

It’s not going to be that long before Teragdor also finds out that Edwyrd is Tom is Orcus. The joy is in the conversation with Vaselle and the realization that things are very twisty.

I do think having Vaselle in the command center would be a very critical thing. He should be there. I’m just not sure I want to do the Vaselle Teragdor conversation at this point because I am afraid it would get lost in the battle, meaning not as appreciated by everyone, myself included.

Or Tamarin could be there safely without the conversation, but he needs away to communicate more effectively with Grob.

Actually, Grob should get Vaselle, and Tamarin should interface with the avatars (because she can go anywhere they can go–like flying, easily)

I’m thinking that the cloak thing would take quite a bit of backstory to explain how he got it.

I was more thinking in terms of Tom referencing him as a backup/escape route if something happened to the Doomalogue.

My other thought is that the eventual meet up will be better if Vaselle is unprepared. If he was at the meeting in disguise he would know that Teragdor is there and either avoid him, or have a story ready to go when he returned.

So my thought is that the shock of the two of them meeting unexpectedly would be better. And once Teragdor knows that Tom/Edwyrd are one then he’ll think of Zed, the cloud and Gastrope’ and all of this will come at about the same time that Jenn is uncovering the same information.

I think this is definitely something that will need to play out in beta to get the best set of reactions.

There are a lot of “Come to Orcus” moments that are going to come up in book 4.

Which is giving me immediate issues in that I want to be writing them in book 4 now while fresh, but I also need to get CoA:ITW written since stuff that takes place in it comes up in book 4.

EyeDeKay

Plus the emotional high of finding out Tommus is a step brother to Orcus !

And then have it come crashing down when he runs into a certain half-orc who knows him 🙂

Yes, I think that’s a good idea.

Also, Vaselle is going to be ecstatic to work alongside the priests who turned him away and be able to say: “see, I’m good enough for the guy that saved your butts!”

scweeb

So we know that before Orcus died that the Citadel and the Isle of doom worked allot together. So what if after the battle as a show of good faith the commander of the Citadel of light (sorry can’t remember his name) asks if Tom would like to start up the old relationship between the Isle of doom and Citadel with duel training and working together to push the rest of the unlife out. This is where he could bring up Vaselle into the conversation and have him come to Nisgaurd for maybe some duel training with the Citadel and help reestablish relations with them. And where they Vaselle could get bumped into and then have that talk.

He found plans for all sorts of robes and gadgets.

He’s going with the “most doable” ones first. In the Smithy of Doom scene he notes (Beta 4) that for clothing, he’s going to need to outsource to a colleague of his in Freehold, and in fact delivers the plans the same day he goes shopping for tools for the Smithy. That is several days before the end of book 3, my hope is that he will have some of the robes back in book iv. It’s a question of what suitable cloth and other materials are available (which is why he outsources to a magical tailor).

There will be a very impressive red cloak (like Dr Strange but with a collar) it has a body harness because it’s a cloak of flying with the cloak morphing into wings.
    It also has some basic protection built into it. But interweaving too much stuff takes a very long time.

There will also be an outer robe with hood that acts as both an environmental suit (air conditioner) but has other protections built into it.

Then there are boots of something, and probably a belt. But again, construction and delivery time are going to be an issue so he won’t get all at once.

There are also rings and pendents, many of which he will make himself as that sort of what he specializes in.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.