True Names

Welcome To Astlan Forums Into The Abyss True Names

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Tizzy

I don’t think you’d find a demon summoning a necromancer very often.

Necromancy is a bastardization of a lot of other forms of magic. But in particular they do have to know summoning/conjuring spells to call the dead back from beyond. All the summoning and conjuring stuff is related, whether you are summoning the dead, a demon, a djinn or bunnies from the forest.

So, pretty sure there are necromancers who can summon demons. Almost positive.

And…well, on this other plane, there was that one Necromancer (who used to be here) that was playing around with a Balrog…but that was in a cavern and I’m not sure it was the Necromancer that put the Balrog in the cavern to try and stop the old wizard.

It did scare the wizard pretty bad, turned his hair from grey to white. And his clothes too. Now that’s what I call a scary demon!

Rosver

Are we going to meet a necromancer in the second book?

Tizzy

I don’t think so…at least not as a major character.

The author has another book he’s working on (still early) that happens on another plane with very similar magic rules.
    Necromancers are running around in that book, all over the place.

Rosver

so Tizzy. This story probably is the author’s original invention and not dictated by you?

Tizzy

You shouldn’t listen to his lies.

No the story is being dictated by me.

It just isn’t over yet. I’m currently writing to you in book 3. I’m just not sure I’m going to tell the author the backstory on the necromancer to include in book 2.

So: spoiler alert: I live until book 3!

Actually, I plan to live through all the books! and then on for the rest of eternity.

Rosver

Long live Tizzy!

Well, looking forward to book three… if it is ever getting published. By I pray with all my might that it would be… do wish it would be published quicker.

Tizzy

Well, if it helps, The Author Guy promises the next book will be out before George RR Martin releases his next book!

Rosver

Now you are just being mean.

Tizzy

:d/

Just doing my job, I’m a demon remember?

Tizzy

Yep.

That’s one place the gods have a big advantage. God’s in a pantheon pool their resources to make really cool mountains/mountain top palaces, etc. And they share mana with their avatars and priests.

Rosver

Still, did any demons tried it though? I also wonder if Tom would try doing it as he seems to be very interested in it lately. He doesn’t seem to be like other demons in this things.

Rosver

Well, shouldn’t that have been… well… obvious? There aren’t really that many demon magic users and it seems keeping tab on powerful demons seems to be what all demons tend to do. A stunt like this should have spread like wild fire in the demon circles. Though the possibility that they just didn’t do that kind of thing is likely.

If it is gods’ secret then it is just time before it leaks or figured out by the others. That tends to happen with secrets.

Well, that seems a grim prediction.

Tizzy

I wouldn’t be surprised if the gods have some “gatekeepers” to keep their club private.

My guess if people get too close, bad things start happening.

Notice how all those demigods in mythology start having horrible travails?

I don’t think it’s a coincidence.

Rosver

Well, how would they know? Are they really that omnipotent?

As for those travails… huh! It is because they are stupid. If people could just pause and think for a moment instead of swallowing those overrated pratling of some person they could have seen the incredulity of it all.

I have read many of those mythologies and they are almost filled with junk! I couldn’t in my mind understand how people could love them, they aren’t really that good. And I wonder if the people really read the original writings about them and not those censored and rated G versions. Well, they are just a read for historical reasons but for anything else? Better read Into the Abyss by J.L. Langland.

Tizzy

Hmmm

I would doubt it since the humans and Los Alvar are more often allies…however, there are some weird treaties between the light and dark so who knows how that would play out.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.