True Names

Welcome To Astlan Forums Into The Abyss True Names

Viewing 7 posts - 106 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Madfox11

Typical human, scared about something that is out of their control and does not matter much in the first place. There is always evil and danger, you must always be careful whom you trust and how are demons more dangerous than for example a mad wizard (or even a sane one)? And if your fey are even remotely like ours, that would be worrisome as well. In other words, sure, that wizard you talking with might be a polymorphed demon, a fey under an illusion or exactly what he looks like, but in all of those cases angering him would be a bad idea and trusting them is equally risky…

Tizzy

Ok, now you’re going to really spook people with talk of changelings and illusionary faeries.

Thankfully, I have a nice pair of rose colored glasses that always show me the truth as I want to see it, so such concerns do not bother me.

Rosver

@Madfox

Yeah. And with hundreds of demons that seem to have swarmed the sky. The citizens whould have been deserting. One demon is quite scary enough. Hundreds? That’s insane!

@Tizzy

And I thought demons can always see through illusions with their demon sight alone. You are able to see those hundreds of invisible demons without the help of such magical devices. Why need it now?

Madfox11

For those fey I mentioned or the shapeshifting dragons Tizzy talked about? 😉

Note btw that I suspect the more powerful demons can hide their nature from less powerful demons. I also got the impression that they sensed the magic of the demons, and as such observed their forms, but if that form looks human, they would see a ‘wizard’ and not a demon. I might be misremembering the details though of that particular part of the story.

Tizzy

How old am I that the expression “Looking at the world through rose colored glasses” has lost it’s meaning.

Rose Colored Glasses are used, not to reveal truth, but rather to show you the world as you want it to be.

Hence their popularity with TV and New Pundits and Bloggers. Oh and of course comment trolls….

How else can you explain all these different people with different sets of “facts” about the same world?

RCG my friends, RCG.

And yes, higher level demons can hide themselves from lower demons, and sometimes those of the same order/level.

Although to do this, you need to be able to shapechange…otherwise, horns, batwings and a tail are generally a dead give away.

Maou

I always thought demons would see things through a blood-tinted glass.

Tizzy

Argh!

You got me!

=d>

I have been out demonized!

Viewing 7 posts - 106 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.