True Names

Welcome To Astlan Forums Into The Abyss True Names

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Tizzy

Well, I’ve heard rumors from Gastropê that he, Jenn, Elrose and Maelen are having to deal with several non-human races in Book II.

Maou

Its sad but most stories do show them surviving despite their flaws, oh look a succubus she’ll tempt you and is clearly evil for wanting sex. You need sex as a species to survive so why do so many humans view it as a sin. It’s like they believe that the continuation of their race is evil and choose to do it anyways.

I have read many stories where humans are the good guys, but if you are in a world with multiple sentient races and they have all banded together to kill your people, then you are probably not the good guys.

Tizzy

I think he’s thinking the other way where humans, elves and dwarves band together to oppress the poor orcs, goblins, trolls, ogres etc.

Then there is Katherine Kurtz where humans try to kill Deryni and a whole host of similar things with alien races in SF.

I suppose if you want to go literally, you could take into account Vampires & Werewolves banding together to kill humans…

Of course, that’s just a good idea in general….

Rosver

Oh! I misunderstand things.

Though, after some considerations, the not-good-guys thing might not be that correct. Afterall evil creatures could still band together to fight the good guys.

Tizzy

Yes, look at how all the wizards have bound together to fight and enslave the demons.

That’s the perfect example of the evil guys banding together to oppress the good guys!

Madfox11

[quote=Tizzy;1429]Yes, look at how all the wizards have bound together to fight and enslave the demons.

That’s the perfect example of the evil guys banding together to oppress the good guys![/quote]

Wait? The wizards are a unified forces that work together as a unified front to deal with the demons? That is a first. Hack, the whole book starts with wizards killing one another (even if at the behest of a demon, his dupes, err I mean underlings, are normal mortals). Just take a look at what does happen when the wizards actually do work together, and even that is not to kill demons, merely to kick uninvited guests out of the city 😉

Tizzy

Apparently someone else here is on the side of darkness…so to speak…

Wizard lover!!!!!!!!

(by the way, that’s one way to get in a fight anywhere in the Abyss–say that to someone)

Madfox11

Just because I disagree with you, does not mean I am a wizard lover [-x

Than again, I am a trickster spirit, and I find wizards amusing. All that arrogance, so easy to manipulate into doing foolish things :-“

Tizzy

Hmm, by your description, not sure what the difference between them and the ArchDemons are…they work the same way…

Seriously, you can only trust the humble democite (like a plebocite–but with demons)

And by humble democite, I basically mean, me, and of course, my friends. i’m now up to more than one hand of fingers worth, which is a record for me…

Rosver

Weeelllllll. Demons and Wizards are more similar that you think. It does say something doesn’t it.:-“

Tizzy

So the question is this:

In the series title “Demons of Astlan”

who exactly are the demons of Astlan?

Technically…I, at least, live in the Abyss, not Astlan.

But….I do seem to spend a lot of time there lately.

Rosver

Well, you started it when you ask who the “demons of Astlan” are. You seem to imply that the demons pointed out are the wizzards not the demons since demons live in the Abyss. I pointed out that there are demons who do live in Astlan which might be what the title is pointing to.

As for scaring the crap out of the people in Astlan, I don’t have to fear it. If you have dictated the story as you suggest, then these events are already done. Nothing I said would add anything.

Tizzy

Well the events are ongoing…

There may not be people aware of such things “naturally” until book 3 or 4, or maybe never if they aren’t in the loop. But you might expedite the process…assuming they could read my imaginary “forum posts” which I am being told by others here in the Abyss are all hallucinatory.

Rosver

This forum is real alright.

Though how come people aren’t able to figure it out? The shapeshiftt happen in front of their eyes.

Tizzy

You mean when Tom does it at the end of V1?

Yes, that tied to some other things has the Council in particular really nervous. Oh, and the Rod as well…

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.