The reactions of Ramses, Bess, and Exador

Welcome To Astlan Forums Into The Abyss The reactions of Ramses, Bess, and Exador

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    Tizzy

As in the Monster Manual Type VI?
    [img=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/61/Type_VI_Demon.JPG]Balor[/img]

Maou

A demon is formed by what the summoner and the summoned think they should look like. If the summoner wanted to increase the varieties of demon, so that their would be demons that would appear less traditional perhaps, it would allow for more infiltration. Their are probably many people who are uncertain of the next life who might jump at the opportunity to have a new life if they had died or simply in a coma where they can’t reconnect with their body.

Also why do the Astlanians assume that the demons looked as they did on other planes and not question what could have naturally made something like a demon. Also since demons have mana bodies could they modify them by permanently incorporating other elements to make their bodies more dense, and capable of sustaining itself with less mana for easier infiltration of low mana realities as the current method is either through wet dreams, or through artificial bodies that are constructed that possesed. or through a naturally formed possesed body that may or may not still have a preexisting conscience within.

Jonnyboi

I was actually thinking along the lines of “Tom is only a few months old”, so he shouldn’t hate his Accursed Master as much as Boggy or, god forbid, you Tizzy.

When you add in Ramses,Bess,and Exaturd then Lenamare ain’t jack. He’s a lower player who’s a glory-ho(egomaniac) and i was thinking that Tom should put that inferior human with a superiority complex in his place.

Rosver

@Tizzy:

He he! Maou started it.

@Maou:

No! That is not what I mean also. The book itself describes the demons level of abilities to be static. When the demon is level 1 they stay at that level. When they are level 5 they stay at that level too. They don’t get stronger or weaker. They just don’t change.

This is not what most people really thinks/reacts nor was things really this simple. You might be overgeneralizing things too much.

First, you say that that failure leads to insanity. Then you say insanity could be the peak of innovation. That is what doesn’t make any sense.

Is it really that surprising to you that no one decided to permanently kill Tizzy? Do you really need more reason for Tizzy for living that long asside from from others haven’t decided on permanently killing him yet? Do you really also think that Tizzy is that annoying that the other demons wants to really excert the effort or permanently killing him? Also, permanently killing a demon isn’t like swating a fly you know. It do require a great deal of effort.

Well, true, coincidences is very strange in real world, but not in fiction. Authors has always intercept with logic in the stories to make things interesting. Meeting their true love, meeting a person who just have the skills to solve the problem, someone saving the hero at the nick of time, etc. There are a lot of small and big coincidences staple in fiction. Many authors overdo it and it just kills the story. But you have to acknowledge, without these coincidences, the story would just become mighty boring.

xenofixus
    xenofixus

I am extremely interested in their conversation following the point where the fight between Tom and Talarius begins anew. They feel he is multiple hundreds of years old based on his power and fighting style. I want to know what they think of Tom possessing multiple people at once and recreating his body from the mana he took from those people. I want to know their reactions when Tom gets stabbed by the dagger. At the very least Exador would have recognized it based on his previous position as a high ranking Tiernon clergy-member. I am really interested to see their reactions to him being stabbed by it and not only surviving but channeling Tiernon’s god mana to heal the wound. I can picture all three of them with their jaws hanging open, unblinking until the portal closes behind Tom. A moment of silence follows before they explode into conversation. Please Tizzy, convince Mr. Author to start off book 2 this way and perhaps give us a taste of this conversation.

Maou

They will likely wonder who he is and think he is serving Lenamare to oppose them. A type IV could never do what he did, so he must be a V. V’s can be summoned, but can’t be well controlled if at all. Nobody would believe him to be a novitiate animage with less than 1 year of practice. His overwhelming displays of ability passed solely on what he can do from talent are staggering. If he is a prodigy all will believe him to have been in hiding for centuries or millennium waiting to enact a plan. His growth will likely be explosive and confuse the abyss out of all parties as they search for some inklings of his past which Rupert seems to indicate exist, but do not. They will spend a lot of time looking for what he has done and who knows him and will find nobody. Since he is gifted with linkmastery as shown by tapping god mana, he will likely do something about the bindings on himself or others as well. Wheter this be severing the link, unbinding the demon, or using it against the wizard who is master is merely guesswork at this time, but he will likely stare down Len in the near future. Len knows he was their and will likely try to summon him. Tom being impulsive, and not desiring to leave Rupert with Tizzy(a negative influence to the development of children) will likely do something to cause more panic without knowing why. His refusal to look ignorant will thus lead him to do amazing unheard of feats unaware. Again more panic and inquiries into his background that find nothing. He is going to worry these paranoid people to the extreme with his lack of information available to him. He’s a major player that appeared from nowhere who few would believe to be new.
    They will likely try to figure out where his motives and allegiance lie. Their maybe proposal for alliance between them and he might ally himself with them if they split. Overall their reaction will likely be shock, fear, and apprehension. It takes effort to surprise these people, and they don’t like surprises that could hinder them. It shows a hole in their intelligence. They will look for a problem that doesn’t exist and possibly try and mimic what he did.

Tizzy

Oh, and conveniently for my treasure horde.

The understanding/digesting of all this by the Archdemons will require lots of drinking, which will mean lots more product placement for:

[i]Denubian Choco-Coffee[size=2][b]TM[/b][/size][/i]

I am very pleased to have worked out a sponsorship program with them. It’s notoriously tricky to deal with them. Their CEO, Sjobs is a huge perfectionist and very protective of his trademarks and patents.

I’m trying to get a distributorship for Earth…I’m just not sure who’s going to be able to drink it…or at least drink it more than once. I’m thinking I won’t get a lot of repeat customers….

Maou

Yes the Lawful neutral Moths who speak with frequent alliteration choose to record the fight. It shows demonic shape changing, Talarius falling to the abyss, a demon wielding the power of the god, and priest falling before the might of a type IV. Their are more powerful demons and being the paranoid people they are the Astlanians will assume all powerful demons can do this. When the can’t.
    Everybody is paranoid, superstitious, and suspicious to the extreme in this world and always look for the ulterior motive This is clearly the sign of the end as demons can steal the power of teh gods from men.

P.S. If the second book is on site why can’t I find it?
    P.P.S. I have N00b hacking skills.

Korwin

[quote=Maou;137]
    It show shape changing, [/quote]

It did? Or are you talking about Pyromastery? Him changing into fire.

eugene2k

[quote=Tizzy;131]I’m trying to get a distributorship for Earth…I’m just not sure who’s going to be able to drink it…or at least drink it more than once. I’m thinking I won’t get a lot of repeat customers….[/quote]
    Why not? Starbucks seems to be doing ok in that area…:-k

Tizzy

Well, that’s a risk, Starbucks is owned by Lillith through proxy agents.

Not sure I want to compete with her. She’s not really “good” with competition.

Maoo is correct in his statement.

At the end Tom shapechanges to a variant of his human self to talk to Talarius…which is when he gets stabbed.

However there is even more evidence of this that is exposed by the recording that you basically have to wait for in Book II

(which is not really on the site)

Tizzy

yes, it was most amusing.

I can say this because: Not only have I read the next book (I dictated to the author) I actually lived through these events, all the books (naturally there are six hundred and sixty six volumes)

OK…there’s a spoiler…I live! Screw you Lillith and Asmodeus! I live through the books!!!!!
    :d/

Maou

So is it divine providence throughout all realms of men that drunkards, idiots, and madmen are protected to a disproportionate degree from their own actions and the revenge of others?
    Also as long as I speak of drunks, if magic is based on belief could I trap a spirit in a beer mug as many drunks firmly believe that anything can be drowned in a beer bottle?

Rosver

Yes!!!!! I’m really very very interested in their reactions. It seems that none of them can do what Tom did.

Also, come to think of it, what Tom did is incredibly scary. He was actually able to turn Rod members against each other! The scenario: thousand of soldiers are out to kill Big Evil Tom but instead they find themselves fighting their fellow soldiers that are demon possesed! They actually end up fighting each other!

And of course, it is not only Exador, Ramses and Bess who would know. It think there was that archdemon Trump and a few dozen other archdemons. And of course there are the demon princes, they would take notice too.

The biggest might be Tiernon himself. I wonder if Tiernon might actually descend from heaven, so to speak, to confront Tom and his thieving ways. Or make friends?

And also there is the Oorstemoth recording the fight in a crystal ball. I’m sure they would recognize Tom’s flame form as the same flaming creature that attact their ship. I wonder what they would think of that?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.