Role of Demons in History

Welcome To Astlan Forums Astlan-General Role of Demons in History

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Maou

Did the Astlanians have any legends or myths regarding dragons before they met them, or did only appear after the dragons were summoned? And how long have they been free of wizards? Also do any demons have names that humans cannot pronounce, and if so what do the wizards do to address this problem?

Tizzy

Well, I’m not really sure who is summoning the dragon demons, since they aren’t very chatty.

I have no idea how long they’ve been in Astlan, naturally, I first encountered them in the Abyss, by the time I found out about them being in Astlan they’d already integrated.

Most of what I know about them is from talking to other, normal, demons.

I would guess the dragon names are probably hard to pronounce since a dragon’s mouth and throat is much different…although rumor has it that some dragons in Astlan can talk so…who knows.

I would assume that if a wizard doesn’t have a mechanism to address the pronunciation, that wizard is currently dragon dung.

Maou

Why haven’t the demons summoned a large number of demons themselves that are protected by the more powerful demons and free from wizards as some sort of contingency plan against wizards or as some kind of demonic hoard.

Tizzy

Well, really only an Astlanian can “see” demons on the astral plane.

And then you’d probably need to be a wizard demon (not sure if there are priestly demons)

And any demon enslaving more demon’s would be something of a jerk. Further they’d just make them slaves/stooges.

Finally, I wouldn’t assume that some demons, like Exador haven’t actually done just that.

Maou

I know the typical demon is unappealing, so how did succubus and incubus come to be? I know they were mentioned by you and they are very likely to be quite attractive due to their nature. Also what do they naturally look like in the Astlanian mythos?

Tizzy

Excuse me!
    [-x

I completely and utterly disagree with your first malicious, ignorant, bigoted remark that most demons are unappealing.

You are unappealing!

[-(

However, that being said, like all demons, the appearance of a ‘bai is shaped by the first summoner and the demon. And the first summoner is in particular looking for a sex demon. I can’t say much more on this without going into stuff from Book 2.

Thus they all tend to be rather good looking by Astlanian standards. They are also almost always well endowed. They often have accessories/appendages/body structure that makes them very proficient at giving pleasure (prehensile tongues, inflatable/extensible/dextrous digits (fingers/toes) etc.

They also all radiate a charm/lust/arousal/attraction aura, causing lesser beings to become quickly aroused and in love.

The more powerful demons have illusionary capabilities that make their target see their most desired lover. And different people looking at the same time, may see the demon differently.

Tizzy

Here Here! I really like Korwin’s approach to getting more demons!

I’m all in, now, someone just needs to convince Bess to give it a go with me!

It may not be as efficient, but I’m willing to put in the extra effort to get it right, if we have to have sex a million times over a few weeks, then, hell I guess I can do my part. Remember, I can do double duty! :d/

Something I will point out. Some of it is directly in the book, some you have to read between the lines.

Rupert had never seen his demon form, until on the ship.

When his demon features started emerging, he locked himself down so as not to be revealed as a demon.

This is where the confusion in his age comes from. He’s not as young as he looks. He just stopped aging when he locked his form in his pre-pudemic state.

He’s really more like 12 years old, he was country folk, his mom didn’t really keep things marked down, so even he doesn’t know exactly when his birthdate was, just a rough year.

Maou

So horny virgin teenagers who want to have a good time or have a demon that can then hide its demonic features and pose as their attractive boy/girlfriend to make other teenagers jealous. A very common occurrence when you mix power and hormones with any means to use that power to satisfy the hormones.

Korwin

[quote=Maou;677]Why haven’t the demons summoned a large number of demons themselves that are protected by the more powerful demons and free from wizards as some sort of contingency plan against wizards or as some kind of demonic hoard.[/quote]A faster way to get more demon (unbound souls seems to be pretty rare) would be by breeding them…
    [quote=Maou;729]Yes as an obviously new demon Tom seems to have managed to father a miniature version of himself roughly ten years of age. He was clearly working quite fast. He is likely related to Rupert somehow, but I don’t know how. Their has to be a powerful connection however as demons don’t normally look so much alike. They are balors and they can potentially rule over all lesser demons.
    [/quote]Since we know Rupert can shapechange, I would guess he looks like Tom, because he (Rupert) thinks he should look like him.

Maou

Yes he does shape change his human form to look more similar, but I speak of the demonic form, which should be unique for all demons as no two look alike.

Also breeding doesn’t often work well. Two demons breeding makes both of them weaker, especially the female, which is why they often abstain from doing so. Demons unlike humans have control over if they will conceive, thus they can have sex as often as they wish.

Most energy comes from the father, so most half demons are from male demons. The child will then in most instances normally at most be a 3 if the parent is powerful. The child can be in rare instances a normal human, but will more often be a human with demonic traits/ abilities, or a rank 1 or 2. Not a significant threat, so most don”t do this. If they could on a regular basis breed 4’s they would, but most don’t like to think of Rupert as a half as that terrifies most of them as the child is always weaker than the parent.

Korwin

[quote=Maou;737]Yes he does shape change his human form to look more similar, but I speak of the demonic form, which should be unique for all demons as no two look alike.[/quote]They are also able to shapechange their demonic form (see Catwoman, eh Bes?).
    A subconcious wish to look like Tom might do it. Especially since Demonic Children never look like their parents.
    At least we heard that a few times in ‘Into the Abyss’.

[quote]Also breeding doesn’t often work well. Two demons breeding makes both of them weaker, especially the female, which is why they often abstain from doing so. Demons unlike humans have control over if they will conceive, thus they can have sex as often as they wish.

Most energy comes from the father, so most half demons are from male demons. The child will then in most instances normally at most be a 3 if the parent is powerful. The child can be in rare instances a normal human, but will more often be a human with demonic traits/ abilities, or a rank 1 or 2. Not a significant threat, so most don”t do this. If they could on a regular basis breed 4’s they would, but most don’t like to think of Rupert as a half as that terrifies most of them as the child is always weaker than the parent.[/quote]Uhm, what? Did I miss that?
    I only red, that the child is the average strength of father and mother. (F+M)/2
    If your theory where correct than Antefalken would be an human powerwise at this time. At least I think I remember numerous children by him with human mothers…

Tizzy

To clear up, any energy loss due to impregnation and pregnancy is temporary.

Just like in human women, the weight gain and other changes of pregnancy are “only temporary”

:^o

OK, Temporaray with a hell of a lot of work to get back in shape for most women, or a lot of time.

Babies don’t have much animus, so yeah you do loose some of that, but your life experiences will bring you back to where you were eventually.

Actually you know there is a very real strain of thought in ritualistic magic (here, on Earth) that sex and sexual activity drain one’s powers and thus the most power wizards/witches etc should remain celibate.

This also similar to the line of thought that magic takes lots of energy and that a fat wizard is a powerful wizard and a skinny wizard is a dead wizard.

Meaning, a wizard should eat a lot of food, store up energy in the form of fat, and as they cast spells, they burn the fat for energy.

Thus you start a wizard battle at 300 lbs and end the battle having lost 200 lbs.

I’m pretty sure I’ve read books with this sort of theory, I just can’t think of which ones.

Although, to be honest, Trisfelt insists to everyone that this is true for Thaumaturges, which is why he’s so portly. However, I don’t think too many people believe him.

Maou

Are their demons in the abyss from planes other than Astlan?

Not demons that were born to astlan, but are demons created in any other place and then just dumped there.

TheOtherGuy

I believe i saw the weight loss thing in The Halflife Chronicles by Wm. Mark Simmons. One practitioner went from 300+ down to slim and sexy after one lengthy battle. Its a fairly good series and i would recommend it. the only problem is book 4 was published 7 years ago and book 5 has been a work in progress for just as long.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.