Discrepancies from book 2

Welcome To Astlan Forums Complex Issues or Questions Discrepancies from book 2

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)
  • Author

[quote=Iume;5560]What happened to FOE? This was a big thing in book 2.Not just with the D’Orcs but others used the terms Forces of Evil and Forces of Good.[/quote]

That’s an elf thing not applicable to Nysegard.

In Nysegard it’s the FOL (Forces of Light) and FOD (Forces of Darkness) which is confusing with FOD being Forces of Doom as well

Probably should be FOL and FON: Forces of Light, Forces of Night

Iume

Trisfelt would feel Jenn out and try to see if she has noticed anything strange about Rupert. At which she would lament and complain to Trisfelt about this stupid obsession with demons that Rupert has and how Edwyrd is dragging him everywhere and getting involved with a greater demon.

[quote=Giwdul;5612]Given all that, Beragamos might not have considered it a viable possibility until after he’d met Tom face to face.[/quote]

Certainly not enough to mention that he knew what Orcus looked like. Remember, the 5S did a huge hit job on Orcus’ reputation (after they did a literal hit job on him)

He would not bring this up to the lower avatars, particularly those working with Sentir Fallon. Sentir Fallon did not know about the Orcus: 5S relationship (presumably)

[quote=Giwdul;5618]This kinda indicates that Beragamos has only been around for 70,000 and change years. Not 300,000.[/quote]

Was that book 2? or book 3?

Going to search now

I’ve upped Beragamos “intimacy level” with Tiernon since book 2. At that point he was one of several Supreme Archons who’d been around forever.

The whole Phoenix Cycle business as I evolved it later in B2 and in B3 telescoped everything.

Earlier on, there wasn’t the idea that “all true immortals” Phoenixed due to memory/exhaustion. The presumption was that they just kept going until they got killed and had to be brought back, e.g. Osiris But I decided that immortal existential dread required Phoenix Cycles because how else do you go on for a million years, let alone a billion? or 20 Billion?

Does this help or does it seem forced?

Beragamos sighed shaking his head. “In the [color=blue]last [/color]seventy-three thousand, four hundred and eighty-three years, give or take a few centuries depending on which planet we are talking about, I have done—I have been—many things, but I swear tonight is the first time that ‘horse thief’ was one of them.” [color=blue][i]Although I can’t vouch for previous cycles.[/i] Beragamos thought to himself.[/color]

And going to change it so it’s not been 300,000, but the 73,000 since last phoenix cycle.

EyeDeKay

[quote=Iume;5684]Trisfelt would feel Jenn out and try to see if she has noticed anything strange about Rupert. At which she would lament and complain to Trisfelt about this stupid obsession with demons that Rupert has and how Edwyrd is dragging him everywhere and getting involved with a greater demon.[/quote]

Also Trisfelt works for Lenamare, and he said he wouldn’t mention his suspicion to him. (About rupert)

If I remember correctly, it wasn’t that the greater demons name was Rupert, but that the demon was masquerading as a human boy named Rupert, was found out, changed into a greater demon, then Talarius chopped its head off.

[quote=EyeDeKay;5710]If I remember correctly, it wasn’t that the greater demons name was Rupert, but that the demon was masquerading as a human boy named Rupert, was found out, changed into a greater demon, then Talarius chopped its head off.[/quote]

Not following that, at least not from Trisfelt’s perspective.

EyeDeKay

So in bk1 Rupert changed into his true (demon) form and was flying around freehold. He then flew over the Rod camp, and was shot down by Talarius.

He shape changed into the human Rupert, and went into the Rod camp, where the next morning he was found out by meeting the high priest Verigas, the second time. Rupert then tries to escape by transforming back into a demon, but Talarius cuts his head off and the Rod people get paranoid about other hidden demons.

They tell only 1 councillor, that being Damien, which is how he found out the animage human Edwyrd is Tom.

Anyways (ill edit this after I found it) Hilda and trisfelt were in some time in bk2 discussing something and Rupert being both a student and hidden Demon came as a topic. If I remember it was Hilda’s man servant Danyl that brought up Rupert being a demon masquerading as a human.

LCSpartan051

[quote=Iume;5560]Bk2:“Further, the reversal of Excrathadorus Mortis gives me great pause. You know my history with it, before I brought it to Astlan?” Sentir looked at the other avatars.

Bk2:Sentir Fallon sighed. “Talarius bore Excrathadorus Mortis by right of being the most senior Knight Rampant.

Bk2:Hilda shrugged, too tired to prevaricate. “Talarius was awarded with being its keeper nearly a decade ago. This extremely sacred blade was used in Etterdam by Sentir Fallon to slay the demon prince Orcus.”

However in book 3 Tiernon states Sentir Fallon said that the dagger was lost since Etterdam.Book 2 implies that Sentir knows exactly where it is and that it had been regularly handed over to member of the church on Astlan.

Not only that but this fact appears to be regular knowledge to more senior archons who’ve been around a while.

So, not lost.
    [/quote]

Has this been addressed yet? If not then I suggest that we up the power level of EM and say that Tiernon did examine the blade, but wasn’t able to detect anything wrong with it. Maybe the Dark Apostle obtained it from a coalition of Unlife/Chaos Gods who designed it as a way of sowing discord between the various pantheons of Law.

Alternatively we could say that Tiernon never obviously looked for it since that would raise suspicions in his lower level avatars. Maybe he passively examined it in secret, but couldn’t find anything wrong with it and thus allowed Sentif Fallon to do whatever with it.

Either way we would have to say that Tiernon doesn’t know that the blade was “Reversed”, only that it was altered by his power being used by Tom.

Yes, that’s at the balling dinner party.

He finds it very interesting/odd, however, he’s known Rupert for several years and has never detected anything. He is suspicious, but not yet convinced. He’s a very rational/pragmatic person and would want to do more research, this is why given limited time, he never brought it up to Jenn before she left, it was only a day or so.

Mikey

Not to mention, Trisfelt has seen enough stupidity in his lifetime to know it follows certain patterns.

If he were to mention a potential decapitation incident to someone, it wouldn’t be too long until all kinds of people would be conducting experiments in that category on the school’s young pupils.

So the big problem I am having with Sentir Fallon, Beragamos and Tiernon recognizing Orcus is that I don’t want to give away the library scene where Tom realizes he looks just like Orcus.

I do allude to it with Torean and Tiernon, but don’t push it.

I admit it should have come up in Book 2, but I wasn’t ready for the revelation and didn’t even think about them recognizing him at the time.

So I’ve fixed up the Torean and Tiernon discussion of the lost EM, are there other discussions of it being lost that I am forgetting?

[quote=Mikey;5761]If he were to mention a potential decapitation incident to someone, it wouldn’t be too long until all kinds of people would be conducting experiments in that category on the school’s young pupils.[/quote]

[lol] I shudder to think what Lenamare might try? Is he going to Bind all of his students and see if it takes?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.