Beta CoA:ITW

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    Lunarmage

[quote=Tizzy;7494]You are not in any danger of running out of time….

T-A-G is being horribly lazy, claiming he wants to “eat food” for some reason, so he is wasting way too much time on some sort of “day job” rather than writing 24x7x365 like he should!

[/quote]

I mean really. How dare that mortal have the audacity of having to partake of food to remain alive to write these exquisite books.

Konicomi

Im hoping signing up for the 3 books beta is still available. If so please add me to the list.

Tizzy

By and large, it’s only too late after T-A-G sends it to the editor–and even then, if one spots a big error–it’s only too late after published for logical/story errors and never for spelling/gramatical or missing TM’s on Denubian Choco-coffee(TM)

N718

Betatize me tizzy

Tizzy

Assuming you have animus (or antimus), and are sentient–and you do [u][i]seem[/i][/u] to be sentient…then you have a soul.

The only way you can be sentient and not have a soul is if you an A.I. so, mabye a plant based AI could still fit the bill of having animus, but no soul, but that’s about it.

Korwin

Hmm, Talarions Sword? Rhuiden

Tizzy

I believe that is mentioned here on the website.

Will have to check to see if the section on intelligent arcane devices has been posted.

“Sentient Arcane Devices” are of two types, AI’s and then devices with spirit’s attached (using anima jars).

Ruiden has a soul, you can see it if you look. However, his rather bright mana aura tends to obscure it, so you might not have noticed it.

One of the reason’s it’s nice to quench a new blade in Newborn’s blood is to vacuum up the soul into the sword so you have an intelligent sword etc. Not saying that’s how Ruiden was made…wasn’t there at the time, but it is common.

You can also just collect a lot of animus and let it gradually form sentience over time and ingestion of mana. Best way to know which is if the devices goes for thoussand years before suddenly talking or indicating sentience, or if it’s starts bitching at you very shortly after it’s made (if an adult soul is used). Those tend to be very cranky. If they were newborns, you usually notice sentience after a hundred or two years.

There is a being called the Mobius Magi that has been (or will be mentioned, don’t recall which) mentioned. And he/it is a crown at various times–including a crown that wears himself–or a himself that wears the crown…or something. He will show up in Seas of Astlan, assuming that series (the adventures of Captain Asmeth) gets written. T-A-G is so freaking slow!

Korwin

2018?

Korwin

Source:
    [quote=Tizzy;6636]It will probably be mid year, there will be a beta first. I think T-A-G is hoping to start that by May, if not sooner. He keeps getting distracted by too many projects, some of them not related to the books (staring at the Internet, jaw agape as a certain archdemon creates havoc on Earth).

He’s currently writing book iv, CoA:ITW, and OOA: and Who in the Abyss is that? (the free character guide/background ebook)[/quote]And I want in o:)

EyeDeKay

Me 2!

GameGraphix

Me 3

Anubis

me 5?

LCSpartan051

Definitely me as well.

Burien

Are previous beta demons good to go or do we need to opt in again?

Tizzy

Each time is a new and different Beta Verse! That way T-A-G hides the previous sausage makings from people who weren’t there. As a beta demon, you have permanent access to whatever books you beta’d. Assuming we don’t switch forums at some point, so permanent doesn’t mean what it does in the Abyss….but you only get to see your beta’s.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 118 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.