Beta 0 Released

Welcome To Astlan Forums Beta Reading Beta 0 Released

Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)
  • Author

[quote=Iume;5313]Tiernon’s choice is about Orcus.How Tiernon deals with Sentir Fallon will be part of his choice on how to handle Orcus.He *could* just hand Sentir over.[/quote]

Tiernon will not be handing Sentir Fallon over to Tom. Judges (hopefully) don’t turn criminals bound and gagged over to the victims.

But it would probably mean a reduction in rank, banishment, excommunication, possibly imprisonment for some time. There would be a trial and stuff would come out.

Stuff that Sentir Fallon may not want to have come out, so he may decide to simply flee.

OH, that’s something to get into the book. Sentir Fallon realizing that he is being bypassed. That’s how you know you are about to be fired, or something…

[quote=GameGraphix;5322]Although, Tom does have a handy prison that Tiernon has used before[/quote]

He does indeed, but it is not clear yet if Sentir Fallon merits that. Thankfully for his anxiety, Sentir Fallon is not aware of this, as far as we know at least.

Net knows, we don’t know what he or Aod told Sentir Fallon to get him onboard.

But you can be sure that Net is going to be concerned about this.

Burien

I like the story lines that we have, but some things could be cut/condensed

-Amadeus reporting to Lilith -cut
    -Gaius/Gadius bedroom scene -cut
    -Inferno/Melisance contract negotiations -mention, then be done with inferno for the rest of the book
    -Teregdor/Vaselle drinking games -shorten, save any awkwardness for the next morning w/ larger group
    -Jenn tracking down Vaselle -cut
    -Rupert/Ferog drinking games -cut
    -Vaselle deploying/testing beacons -cut , just report the success in a meeting
    -Nimbus peace talks -cut Trevin explaining the Alvar treachery, leave that for Zargvarst

Burien

-Amadeus reporting to Lilith -cut 10 unnecessary
    -Gaius/Gadius bedroom scene -cut 8 boring/unnecessary
    -Inferno/Melisance contract negotiations -mention, then be done with inferno for the rest of the book 10 all, but a mention for delay till next book
    -Teregdor/Vaselle drinking games -shorten, save any awkwardness for the next morning w/ larger group 0 space
    -Jenn tracking down Vaselle -cut 10 irritating, shes not his mom, hes with family, just makes her look bad
    -Rupert/Ferog drinking games -cut 4 space fun but not needed, maybe drinks after meeting, to celebrate
    -Vaselle deploying/testing beacons – 3 cut , save for the next book since it dosen’t see that much use in this one,early next book just have a tour of
    q-branch style walk through Vaselles lab since he seems to be the new go-to guy for gadgets
    -Nimbus peace talks – 2 cut Trevin explaining the Alvar treachery, leave that for Zargvarst – it makes Trevin look deceitful/complicit with the Alvar as it is. Let
    Zargvarst call Ariel out, then Trevin confirm Ariel’s treachery at dinner

[quote=Burien;5333]-Nimbus peace talks – 2 cut Trevin explaining the Alvar treachery, leave that for Zargvarst – it makes Trevin look deceitful/complicit with the Alvar as it is.Let
    Zargvarst call Ariel out, then Trevin confirm Ariel’s treachery at dinner[/quote]

This is the one I really want to investigate, because I don’t think that’s her intention.

I think I’m good on keeping space constraints. Will review the others

Thanks!

GameGraphix

[quote=The Author Guy;5323][quote=GameGraphix;5322]Although, Tom does have a handy prison that Tiernon has used before[/quote]

He does indeed, but it is not clear yet if Sentir Fallon merits that. Thankfully for his anxiety, Sentir Fallon is not aware of this, as far as we know at least.

Net knows, we don’t know what he or Aod told Sentir Fallon to get him onboard.

But you can be sure that Net is going to be concerned about this.

[/quote]

Well, Sentir Falon would make a good ‘payment’ from Tiernon and the 5S for ‘over-due’ storage fees for the containment of their parents in Tartarus…..

I know that a lot of people have been wonder about what types of payments would be acceptable – I would think that the gang at Mount Doom would be willing to negotiate and accept one used avatar of Tiernon as payment

Mikey

[quote=GameGraphix;5418]Well, Sentir Falon would make a good ‘payment’ from Tiernon and the 5S for ‘over-due’ storage fees for the containment of their parents in Tartarus…..[/quote]
    Sentir Fallon is currently a massive liability for Tiernon, who would need to pay Tom for “disappearing” Sentir Fallon before any unpleasant questions would lead back to Tiernon.

Yeah, there is some complex stuff to work out.

For one thing, neither the 5S, nor Orcus ever told the Olympians where Eris went. So at the time, neither wanted to bring it up.

Tiernon was not sure they could beat the Olympians in war.

Next, both Eris and the Nyjyr Ennead thing technically violate the Concord of Conciliation

Now, of course, if Orcus had been a signatory, that would also have been a violation; however, he was not, so they let that slide.

Burien

I was re-reading chapter 123 , specifically the first conversation between Tiernon and Torean. I’m assuming that Torean was fully present for Hilda’s meeting, including watching the balling, even if he hadnt physically manifested, and had probably watched the balling before then as well. I was wondering why neither god commented on Tom looking so much like Orcus, and also Rupert, assuming Dis’ demon form was also similar since the human form was. They should also maybe connect Tom stealing a miracle, and Lord Tommus having the mana to relight doom, all knowledge Hilda has collected. While she dosen’t have the experience with Orcus to connect the appearance, she has been on the ball enough to maybe catch the name/mana connection. I dont know if she learned about the prophecy in Murgatroy either, or could have.

[quote=Burien;5482]I was re-reading chapter 123 , specifically the first conversation between Tiernon and Torean. I’m assuming that Torean was fully present for Hilda’s meeting, including watching the balling, even if he hadnt physically manifested, and had probably watched the balling before then as well. I was wondering why neither god commented on Tom looking so much like Orcus, and also Rupert, assuming Dis’ demon form was also similar since the human form was. They should also maybe connect Tom stealing a miracle, and Lord Tommus having the mana to relight doom, all knowledge Hilda has collected. While she dosen’t have the experience with Orcus to connect the appearance, she has been on the ball enough to maybe catch the name/mana connection. I dont know if she learned about the prophecy in Murgatroy either, or could have.[/quote]

Great catch!

Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.