Volume IV Title

Welcome To Astlan Forums Apostles of Doom Beta Volume IV Title

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author

Or wait, do you mean fix the title right before Book IV goes live?

I like to give the name of the next book at the end of the preceding book, it gives people something to look forward to. It is not that critical. I’ve done that in the last two.

One thing I am concerned about with a lot of the titles I’d like to use is that I might over use the “of Doom” part

Korwin

[quote=The Author Guy;6009]Or wait, do you mean fix the title right before Book IV goes live?[/Quote]Yeah, meant this.
    Also maybe an Name Change to book 3

[Quote]I like to give the name of the next book at the end of the preceding book, it gives people something to look forward to. It is not that critical. I’ve done that in the last two.[/Quote]Did’nt remember this, so an Name Change does’nt Sound so good anymore.

[Quote]One thing I am concerned about with a lot of the titles I’d like to use is that I might over use the “of Doom” part[/quote]
    Over use or Branding? (Looks at Dune) o:)

Mikey

[url=http://i.imgur.com/qofYFEb.png]
    [img]http://imgur.com/qofYFEbl.png[/img]
    [/url]

[quote=Korwin;6021]Over use or Branding? (Looks at Dune)[/quote]

Excellent counterpoint!

Iume

#1 – Into the Abyss
    #3 – Apostles of Doom
    #5 – Another hell/doom/underworld reference?

#2 – Heavenly Host
    #4 – Another heaven/outer plane reference?
    #6 – Another heaven/outer plane reference?

Suggestions: Holy Hell, The Divine Devil, The Divine Demon, Heaven’s Wrath, Heaven’s Oath, Heaven’s Doom

EyeDeKay

I could dig a pattern like that! Heavenly Doom?

[laugh] [lol] [love]

Korwin

Doomed Warlock of Doom

Nah, too cheesy

Here are some more that I’ve thought up as I prepare to ramp up Vaselle’s storyline.

The Holy Warlock
    The Unholy Warlock
    Holy Warlock of Doom
    The Warlock Priest
    Priest of Doom
    The Warlock of Doom

His story won’t be any more front and center than any of the others, it will just be more on par with the other stories, all of which you can imagine from book 3.

So it is some more thoughts.

Now, that’s a good one!

However, could that be reasonably confused with the Concordenax in people’s minds?

It is not confusing in my mind, but since people’s understanding of the Concordenax (and I mean readers, mortals, gods and demons by people) is rather iffy/uncertain. Could readers think I mean The Demon All-Father that some have referred to the Concordenax as?

I’ve added it to the poll.

Korwin

[quote=The Author Guy;6137]
    The following is an alternate hypothesis. It is not actually a “direct spoiler” because I am not stating it as the truth. I am stating it as an alternate explanation as to what is happening. However, it might disturb people and trick them into thinking it is “the truth” rather than “a truth.” So I wrap it in Spoilder tag.

It is something that has been previously discussed, so I am simply reintroducing it.

[SPOILER]Or, is this Phoenix thing really not true ‘re-incarnation’ but rather a role that completely new people come in to fill and get shaped by “the role” and the “expectations” people have for the role. I.e. perhaps Tom is not Orcus reincarnated, but has assumed the “mantle of orcus” and what he is experiencing is the expectations of everyone who knew “Orcus” For example, once Hephaestus, Tiernon, Torean, Lilith, Sammael all decide Tom is Orcus, does he start conforming to their expectations, even as he did when summoned as a demon?[/SPOILER]
    [/quote]
    Big question in this case would be, how did Tommus get Orcus memories.

Edit:
    Looking at the names, got another variant ‘Prince of Doom’

That thought had crossed my mind.

Nope, current estimate says we are hitting halfway.

Years ago it was one long book, then when I got back to the book, I thought trilogy. By early book 2 I knew it was probably 6. End of book 2 added shorter side books and spin offs.

That’s what it still looks like.

Iume

Eh, I viewed the Phoenix Cycle as being the same as the immortal rebirth in El Goonish Shive . Basically everything becomes a diary / memory, but with no emotion attached. You know everything you used to know only what you know is interpreted as something you read / saw rather than experienced.

A title like “The Demon God” strikes me as a final or penultimate title. Are we near that point?

Korwin

[quote=Giwdul;6131]BTW: The Demon God was added after I had voted and now I can’t go back and change my vote](*,)[/quote]You can’t vote multiple times? Or do you want to retract your old vote?

Btw. an variant to the ‘The Demon God’. How about ‘The Reborn Demon God’?

And second btw: in book 3 we saw how similiar Tom and Orcus are.
    Maybe we will see some differences between Tom(mus) and Orcus in the next?

I imagine this will be the first time Orcus got raised as human and not as Godling, right?
    So it might change how he sees the god-business. He might actually go forward with the after-dead Service for his followers.

Giwdul

[quote=The Author Guy;6127]However, could that be reasonably confused with the Concordenax in people’s minds?

It is not confusing in my mind, but since people’s understanding of the Concordenax (and I mean readers, mortals, gods and demons by people) is rather iffy/uncertain. Could readers think I mean The Demon All-Father that some have referred to the Concordenax as?.[/quote]

As a reader, I don’t personally feel that there is a lot of potential confusion but maybe that’s just me. When I think ‘Concordenax’ I see Tizzy.
    The place where I might see some confusion is if you read that title (The Demon God) before reading bk3. However, I cant see why that would be worth worrying about since it is true of many series-titles.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.