The Concordenax

Welcome To Astlan Forums Doom’s Day The Concordenax

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author

I’ll believe Tizzy, though that doesn’t mean I won’t be suspicious. If Tizzy is the Concordenax though, then its possible that either he possessed him, ergo his form and split personality, as someone else has mentioned. Although I think it could be he went through the Phoenix Cycle, and the essential memory wipe that comes with it would account for the powers he says he shouldn’t have but clearly does. Also if he did do the Phoenix Cycle it would account for his disappearance from the Abyss, as it would be the perfect opportunity to get some privacy from what would essentially be his avatars. Thus by extension, it would account for how old Tizzy is.

At least…that’s my theory.

Tizzy

You should believe me because I am the only trustworthy, honest and reliable demon in the Abyss!

All those other bozos are malicious malapropers who don’t know what they are talking about!

Lyndrek

People think the Concordenax is the name of the first demon, the greatest demon ever.

Concordenax is the name of Tizzy’s journal. Anything Tizzy writes in the book becomes the truth.

I’m sure we will find out that Tizzy is the actually the first demon, Most powerful and god among demons. He’s crazy because he hasn’t done a reincarnation cycle like the other gods do (I mean who would greet new demons if Tizzy is the only one who can sense them?! He’s got responsibilities! You would crack too if you couldn’t really sleep and refresh after hundreds of thousands of years. A brain can only hold so much information.)

It’s a hard eternity being responsible for everything. I think Tizzy should always get Choco-coffee(TM) for free any bar or tavern he wants.

Mikey

[quote=Tizzy;7247]Slave labor is all too common, I am talking about paying jobs so one can afford a cup of Denubian Choco-Coffee(TM) now and then.[/quote]

[url=http://oglaf.com/old-st-nick/][img]https://media.oglaf.com/comic/oldstnick_IqFubp3.jpg[/img][/url]

Exactly, i mean by all means take on obligations, but a job? really? why in the abyss would you want a job? especially if the Abyss is a realm of endless valuables, and you have access to realms in which to sell such things.

Tizzy

You think you have trouble reading this site on a mobile phone?

Try using mine!
    [albumimg]44[/albumimg]

It is, however, pretty industrial grade for the Abyss.

You are so thoughtful Gelly! I can understand your desire, but being the Concordenax is a pretty boring job. You just sit there, uhm, somewhere. Although, I’ve heard rumors that the Concordenax has been moving around a lot more recently, after several thousands of years in seclusion.

Tizzy

[quote=Zahn Corso;7245]My apologies Tizzy, as for how hard it is to get a job as a demon, was that in regards to willing jobs or unwilling. Cause those can be 2 very different answers.

Yes Tizzy, you’re very pretty for your age.[/quote]

Touchy as they say in France.

Paying job. Slave labor is all too common, I am talking about paying jobs so one can afford a cup of Denubian Choco-Coffee(TM) now and then.

Thank you! At last some love!

Tizzy

[quote=Dirk Flamberge;7246]Are you sure they weren’t just being polite?[/quote]

I think someone wants to get their name changed to Dirk Flambéed!

[i]To the best ability of Astlanian sages to determine, there is or was, one supreme demon over all. Apparently, however, this unnamed being, known only as Demon Father, or the Concordenax, has been gone/dead/missing/out of the picture for the last millennium[/i]

[quote=Zeravar;7005]We keep hearing about how the Concordenax disappeared all these many years ago. Will he come into play? And has anyone else noticed that Tizzy has been around long enough to have met literally EVERYONE in the Abyss? There’s also the fact that he instantly knows when a newbie has come into the Abyss. This seems, to me at least, that Tizzy is the Concordenax and either doesn’t realize it, has forgotten, or is hiding it.[/quote]

[quote=Bradyman;7066]Tizzy has been around for almost forever, and has presumably been annoying people for at least that long. My thought is that the Concordenax got fed up with him and killed him and tried to devour his soul. Tizzy then somehow possessed him. When the concept of devouring souls came up, Tom was told that the victim can sometimes fight back and even take over, or worse. So Tizzy is almost two full demons, which could explain his appearance, insanity, use of powers he claims not to have, and the many historical instances of someone named Tisdale ( or a derivative) saving the day, among other things. The demon weed could help his multiple personality issues.[/quote]

[quote=Tizzy;7008]Anyway, I’ve had this discussion before in the forums.I do not look anything like that leathery hided old square–the Concordenax.Is my hide leathery and brown?[/quote]

[quote=Tizzy;7070]The Concordenax has a LOT of fiber…I mean an awful lot of fiber…[/quote]

[quote=Lyndrek;7143]Concordenax is the name of Tizzy’s journal. Anything Tizzy writes in the book becomes the truth.

I’m sure we will find out that Tizzy is the actually the first demon, Most powerful and god among demons. He’s crazy because he hasn’t done a reincarnation cycle like the other gods do (I mean who would greet new demons if Tizzy is the only one who can sense them?! He’s got responsibilities! You would crack too if you couldn’t really sleep and refresh after hundreds of thousands of years. A brain can only hold so much information.)[/quote]

[quote=Bradyman;7144]I’m pretty sure that the Concordenax is a person, since it is mentioned at at least one point that only a few demons were left that had seen him.
    Tizzy’s notebook is just his notebook. It doesn’t make stuff true, he just writes what happens and what he plans. Prophecies require a deity to make them happen. For the book to be able to make stuff happen, someone else would have to help it, which defeats the purpose of the book doing it.[/quote]

After combing through the current posts, I am ready to share my theory. Before I do so, I must remind everyone that Hephaestus not to take the origin story of a God at face value. With that said, my theory is thus;

Tizzy is indeed the God of the Abyss, but he is not the Concordenax. The God of demons is the Demon Father, and the Concordenax is just as Tizzy says, his journal. I say this because Tizzy as far as we can technically tell, has never lied to anyone, only spoken truths in vague ways, or told wrong truths, such as saying Rupert is Tom’s son when he knows he isn’t (unless some weird Phoenix Cycle stuff happened that’ll get explained later but that’s a different post). Therefore when he says he is not the Concordenax, he is telling the truth, because he’s the Concordenax’s owner, the Demon Father. Whether he is the original Demon Father though is unclear, as Bradyman said Tizzy could have fought back in a “duel of souls”(?) and became the God. The other option is this; the Phoenix Cycle. This is the Demon Father reborn, his odd behavior coming from possibly millions of years of memories warping his personality to resemble insanity. This would also explain why he doesn’t talk about his age, and the powers that he says he shouldn’t have. Perhaps he chose this body (assuming all gods can shape change) of a lower fiend to throw people off. Therefore when he says he shouldn’t have these powers, speaking as a fiend, he would be telling the truth.

Therefore, if the Concordenax is a journal of sorts that belongs to the Demon Father and Tizzy is said God, then that would make Tizzy’s missing journal (possibly the one in Lenamare’s possesion) the Concordenax.

Korwin

That would explain Tizzy’s ability to smell the newcommers.

[quote=Lodrik;8189]lets just remember that some beings are places, they form avatars to interact with other beings but they are more. Gaia=Planet Earth ect.

Whats to say that the Concordenax is not the Abyss? That would make him a peeping tom and all that but who cares… (its not his fault if people start screwing ON TOP OF HIM! << back me up on this Tizzy!) Just sitting around all day ^^[/quote]

Zeravar

Super Secret. No Tizzy Allowed

Zeravar

We keep hearing about how the Concordenax disappeared all these many years ago. Will he come into play? And has anyone else noticed that Tizzy has been around long enough to have met literally EVERYONE in the Abyss? There’s also the fact that he instantly knows when a newbie has come into the Abyss. This seems, to me at least, that Tizzy is the Concordenax and either doesn’t realize it, has forgotten, or is hiding it.

Tizzy

Rumor has it that when he “acquired his new job” there was rejoicing in the Courts of Chaos and toasts all around.

Not because of the obvious reason: an archdemon being elected as a powerful human leader who could lead a planet into damnation, no, not that, but simply because he was going to be gone for 4 years and they wouldn’t have to deal with those little demon birds he kept sending out from his tower to screech short messages at the inhabitants of the Courts, nor his boorish habits.

Tizzy

Hidden Content? What are you talking about? Are you seeing things?

I see things, like right now, watching some ancient dudette titled the Sorcerer Supreme knock the crap out of a cocky surgeon with broken hands.

Started downloading it the day it was released to streaming, just finished the download today. I really need to get a faster modem.

If you ask me, it’s a bit simplistic and Hollywood dumbed down in terms of how the multiverse works, but still better than those parody documentaries like “Cosmos”

Anyway, I’ve had this discussion before in the forums. I do not look anything like that leathery hided old square–the Concordenax. Is my hide leathery and brown?

No, it’s splotchily leathery and green, mostly. I have lots of non-leathery parts, in fact, two sets of very nice sized non-leathery parts…more like suede…but never mind.

Really, not sure how people keep confusing us. But I’ve had it happen, even when we’re side by side.

Gelcube

HA! It’s only because we see your TRUE greatness, Tizzy. We can’t imagine there’s any demon out there better, so you MUST be the Concordenax!

..if you’re not, maybe you SHOULD be. Is there an election you can buy, or will you just dazzle all the other demons with your brilliance?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.