Plot Threads

Welcome To Astlan Forums Doom’s Day Plot Threads

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Gelcube

Hmm. You know, there are a few stories of heroes being “summoned” from one world to another, and having great power. I just realized that those summoners are actually substantiating demons, but because of their preconceptions, the result is a demonic body with great power, but still looks/acts like the original body.

Wow, that just threw all the “Summoned Hero” stories in my current plane in another light. There’s a lot more demons in the multiverse than I first thought!

Tizzy

It’s a very good sized multiverse, definitely bigger than many I’ve been to.

What about the implications of Ragnarok? Loki was able to seal off a section of Outer Planes from Midgard, so that’s apparently possible and could be done to the Five Siblings. :-k
    In that case why even bother with Tartarus? How can a material bridge in the Outer Planes have destroyed their only connection, and how was there apparently a physical doorway that you had to enter to go to an immaterial plane? Was Loki’s soul consumed during the battle and that’s why he’s gone or could he be reincarnated etc (maybe even summoned by Risar). If sealed off, couldn’t the Gods make a new door?

Tizzy

Asgard is a special case.

They purposefully built it so that you couldn’t directly access Midgard from there. They used Asbru to get to Midgard, and some other places. It was a defensive maneuver, think of it as a drawbridge to their castle.

Now that being said, there is a rumor that there is a path through Jötunheimr, which would not be easy, but I believe it was only known to Odin, or at least, so he claimed. But he’s dead now, or so we think.

All of those are good questions, the problem is, we don’t know the answers.

Obviously, we were looking into it, but only had a few hundred years before other problems started appearing, and by other problems, I mean the gods be damned alfar of course along with Lilith & Sentir Fallon and the Dark Apostle and some other allies we aren’t that sure of yet.

That sort of distracted us for a bit.

One presumes that some of the gods have survived, I’ve heard rumors that Magni and Móði are wandering around, apparently they even signed a deal with Netflix, but then, seriously who hasn’t? Other than, of course, me. Can’t get their suits to return my calls. Very frustrating, I figure we should have had at least a 3 season commitment by now.

If they did survive, one presumes they are working on rebuilding their bridge so they can get back to pestering people, not to mention collecting mana from their followers….

Bradyman

So, this is a very minor plot point, but what skill is Tom gonna work on next?
    He focused on being able to shape clothes and master other shapes for awhile, but whats next? There is just so much magic in this multiverse that there’s basically an infinite number of things he could focus on next. I’m hoping that he goes for a hammer space. We know its possible, and not just because of accusations about Tizzy. I can’t remember who was talking to Antefalken ( either Tom or Reggie), but when they asked about Tizzy’s pipe, he said he thought he knew what trick he used, but then backtracked, because it was something Tizzy either shouldn’t be able to do, or had directly claimed he couldn’t do. So ignoring whatever Tizzy does, Antefalken still either knows or knows of a hammer space technique. This should be one of Tom’s priorities, since he has his Rod, the arrows, and his loincloth to store when he gets big. If he ever loses those arrows, he loses a major trump card, and while I doubt losing the Rod would be easy, it would still be useful to be able to store it away no matter where he is.

On that note, I’m actually a bit surprised the rod doesn’t have a storage feature built in, unless it was an ability Orcus didn’t need any help with.

Tizzy

Well, no, his smuggling was before this.

They show up wanting to book passage shortly after we disembark. Their story takes place during book’s 2 and 3 and later…

Bradyman

I refer to you in the third person because other people might read or respond. Maybe someone else will have a response or theory about you.

So the smuggling Asmeth was wanted for involved them? That’s awesome. It definitely explains why the oorstemothians wanted him so badly. Not that they wouldn’t chase someone across Astlan for something simple. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had executed entire ships crews for paperwork errors.

Tizzy

BTW, why do you keep talking about me in the third person?

If you really like “storage” you will love “Seas of Astlan: Book One” if it ever gets written/finished.

That’s the story of those brigands that stole the book and their adventures with Captain Asmeth, after we leave his ship.

Those guys have a very cool extra dimensional apartment where they keep their stuff, along with bunk beds. They call it a PHH for Portable Hole House.

They just climb down in it, and then “zip” it shut from the inside and go to sleep.

Bradyman

A pipe is nothing without its contents, and while I don’t doubt that smoking something made from Tizzy would get anyone high, I doubt he would smoke himself. So the weed at least is real. So he is storing it in some sort of hammer space.

Zeravar

[quote=Tizzy;8284]
    Well, if you pay enough attention, the “storage” question, such as it is, has already been answered.

Where does Antefalken store his clothes? In particular, when he strews them all over a maiden’s bedroom and then has to flee post-haste without his clothes? Does he have to go get new ones made? Andy why don’t all these maidens have a surplus of outfits laying around?

Shirts, pants, shoes, hat, belt, musical instruments…..

Actually, I do know that Antefalken’s primary musical instruments are different from his clothing. So that’s not a good example, but the belt is…
    [/quote]

Does that mean that people could “make” weapons and tools instead of just clothes with the shape-changing method?

Konicomi

So who do the Demon Princes in the court trust enough to oversee their Phoenix Cycle? If I remember its a hit and miss if you Phoenix Cycle without your pantheon watching over you while you go thro it.

Tizzy

[quote=Zeravar;8299]

Does that mean that people could “make” weapons and tools instead of just clothes with the shape-changing method?[/quote]

[SPOILER]
    Yes, in fact, if you notice “size changing weapons” being used by D’Orcs or demons, it’s almost guaranteed that that weapon is part of themselves.

Notice how the Rod of Tomas/Wand of Orcus doesn’t change size? That’s because it’s a real object.

Remember the D’Orcs practicing with giant oversized weapons on the Isle of Doom? Those weapons were parts of themselves, no different than giant claws, or even energy weapons.

Remember Tom’s fire blasts in book 1? No reason he couldn’t do those and make them seem to come from a ray gun or something. With enough skill and practice a demon can use any of their natural abilities in alternative ways/deployment methods. The limit being, if you can’t do it, you can’t change form and do it. So if a demon doesn’t have any ranged attacks (energy blasts etc) then they can’t shape change and have a gun. On the other hand, if they can shoot their claws (and grow new ones), or spines, or spikes from their body, they could shape change and have a gun that does that for them.

Also, Hilda’s magical armor and weapons that grew and shrunk with her? Same thing.

This is in spoiler because it’s going to be even more obvious in the future when Arg-nargoloth really gets into battle alongside Raga-nargoloth. But it has happened already, some people probably didn’t realize this.

Also, at the Citadel, you may recall that Beragamos is “incarnated” he had to do that to get through Lenamare’s wards in Freehold. Therefore, he can’t size change or shape himself a magical weapon since he has a real, physical/material body. That being said, I am sure he has summoning rituals and chants that can bring him real weapons, and/or magical spells to create temporary holy weapons. There are clerical spells that can do this, pretty common in fact for Tiernon’s priests to conjure non-real/material magical swords and maces and such that have a mana cost, and which disappear when the spell is up.

But that’s different from reshaping yourself into a weapon. There is no real mana cost for that, other than the mana used to change/hold your shape and or needed for an energy blast.
    [/SPOILER]

Korwin

I too, expect some reincarnating D’Orcs showing up in the future.
    Technically those D’Orcs would then be Demon Princes (the differences between Archdemons and Demon Princes being – supposedly – if they Phoenix Cycled in the past).

Tizzy

Well, I him banging away at night down there in the Wu Kwon of Doom, so that is probably a clue.

I really wonder why everyone is so obsessed over my pipe?

Well, if you pay enough attention, the “storage” question, such as it is, has already been answered.

Where does Antefalken store his clothes? In particular, when he strews them all over a maiden’s bedroom and then has to flee post-haste without his clothes? Does he have to go get new ones made? Andy why don’t all these maidens have a surplus of outfits laying around?

Shirts, pants, shoes, hat, belt, musical instruments…..

Actually, I do know that Antefalken’s primary musical instruments are different from his clothing. So that’s not a good example, but the belt is…

Same thing with Hilda’s expandable armor that just pops up conveniently.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.