Plot Threads

Welcome To Astlan Forums Doom’s Day Plot Threads

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Tizzy

No comment.

I know too much.

Gelcube

No! COMMENT!

Gelcube

Oh, that’s right, Melisandre (or whatever her name is) isn’t a vamp, just a Soul, and her husband is a demon. Guess I got things a little mixed up, as vamps are part of her backstory.

dspring

One more evil idea. Mind Reavers.

I noticed a few bits of odd behavior when the submarine abyss explorers encountered Melisande. Nothing super obvious, but people were a bit too agreeable. Add to its Talarus’s own odd behavior with Melisande original infection. I wonder if the “demon” who married Melisande is actually a mind reaver. It might explain Talarius behavior and also why Melisande’ went and married the demon as well.

Of course, as none of the demons on anybody’s side seem aware of this fact (if it is a fact), the situation seems ripe for something very bad to go wrong once everybody meets in person.

Tizzy

Interesting theory.

However, Hesselforthalus isn’t a Mind Reaver, he’s a Denubian. That means, he has a good supply of Denbian Choco-Coffee(TM).

Actually, as you will find out in Book IV, it’s not just a ‘good supply’ but literally ‘the supply.’

Hesselforthalus is the sole authorized distributor in The Abyss, which makes him a far more powerful archdemon than most.

However, even that is not the reason she fell for him. That will actually be revealed pretty early in Book IV.

Anyway, now that Doom is officially back, we need to find him to get the supply chain for our bars and restaurants turned back on.

Sure, barkeeps are making x-glargh from imported glargh, but a demon can’t live on that alone.

Korwin

They can’t?

Tizzy

Well….:-#

Obviously, they can. They actually don’t need to eat or drink anything if they don’t want to….

I’m just saying it gets old….

I mean, I’m not the biggest x-glargh guy. I like demoholic beverages just fine, but I prefer other mood enhancers…[wink]

Tizzy

That would be the case, if that is the case…

Pretty sure “everyone” would be happy with 20 some thousand new Demon Princes!

:d/

Konicomi

So was no Demon Princes subordinate or loyal to Orcus? he coud have been considered on the same level as Lilith and Samuel or maybe even above them right?

Tizzy

Well, the loyalty thing is not exactly a “needed” thing so much as a “useful thing” What benefit you get or etc is between you and your liege.

You note that several princes are not tied to anyone else. In fact most are generally independent.

So, like anyone, demons form alliances to protect their interest, what form those alliances take are up to them. The liege thing, and however “tight” it really is, is just one form and used in TheCourts.

Orcus was always stand alone. But then, given his friends, who needs vassals? Ptah, Singkun, Loki, Volund, etc are some of his most immediate truly immortal allies. Oh yeah, and his kid, Dis Pater.

You also have to remember that Orcus has a lot of complicated relationships already. He is nominally an Olympian, and he’s got some powerful in-laws, one of whom not only tried, but succeeded in killing him.

Lodrik

I always assumed that the dampire is the reincarnation of Loki ^^

Korwin

[quote=Lodrik;8250]I always assumed that the dampire is the reincarnation of Loki ^^[/quote]
    Not shure about that, Loki died in Ragnarök not with Orcus in Etterdam.
    And Ragnarök happened way before (am I right?), so he had much more time to come back (i.e. Tizzy had much more time bringing him back).

Tizzy

Rede’s a bit short and not quite blue enough to be Loki. I mean, Loki wasn’t/isn’t always blue, he could/can be whatever color he wanted, but he was several feet taller than Rede.

Also, we only assume he is dead since no one has seen him since he bravely sacrificed himself to close Asbru and save midgard from the Aesir.

Korwin

Hmm, hard to bring someone back who might not be dead…
    wait . . . . normally its the other way around 😀

Tizzy

I’ve heard that’s actually a real problem.

Stories of people who’ve reincarnated, particularly to a different localverse…and then some super power shaman or priest tries to resurrect their old self and just won’t take no for an answer.

Actually, I think that’s more a shaman thing because you’d think a priest would be using some sort of avatar who would notice what was going on and just return a “busy signal” but what do I know. I suppose if the worshippers and priests were willing to make a big enough sacrifice the deity might just rip the person out of their current body.

Would have to think that hurts like hell. But it wouldn’t be that different that what happens in a demon summoning, except the individual isn’t willingly out of their body, so you are ripping out the soul by force.

Although…actually, if you finesse it, and don’t cut/rip/tear the astral cord, the new body just might go into a coma.

We know that some astral travelers have bodies on multiple localverses and the empty bodies just appear to be asleep, their astral cord isn’t severed, it’s just attached to multiple bodies.

Hmm, maybe I should visit a coma ward and see what my demon sight reveals. I can check to see if their full spirit is in the body, or if it’s just sort of minimal life support with an astral cord going out. I mean, those that can do this tend to have a lot of animus because they have to spread it out over multiple bodies and you have to have at least so much or the body dies, or limbs rot, etc.

Hmmm

Guess it’s time to take a exploratory trip.

Tizzy

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.