Plot Threads

Welcome To Astlan Forums Doom’s Day Plot Threads

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Korwin

[quote=Gelcube;8193]I think two of the things I’m most looking forward to are:
    1. What happens when the Inferno comes back to Mt. Doom with Tom there and the new vamps onboard.
    2. Tom finally maybe possibly getting a love interest that makes some progress![/quote]

What vamps onboard?

Reptide

my few cents

I have been wondering how Tom and Rupert survive Etterdam? I mean there was lot of dead D´orcs a some tartarwardenner… and only Orcus and his son get out(well they dont get out since they dont remember anythink, only Tom have some flashbacks).

I was thinking what if there is more D´orcs who who ger reincarnated it make prety sence since they dont remember anythink and it would explained lot of thinks. Think which lead me to this idea is Tom flashback in chapter 127 there was this half undead D´orc Vordec and on the book3 we get this scene where Tizzi make sure Rede the dhampir(half unded) get to Mount Doom.
    With reincarnation in mind it would explained why Tal Gor get staf wich was intendet for his past self.
    and some ather stuff:-({|= .

well its theory and only one not named octoped can explained thinks(i dont think he will)

dspring

Arrggghhhh

Teasers….

Truly the Demons of the Abyss are among the most evil forces in the Multiverse!!!!

Tizzy

Hmm,

Well, I can hint that there is more going on than meets the eye in Etterdam.

If you are looking for climactic events, I might suggest looking there, although in part that’s because that is where they last occurred, but as we shall see in Book IV, Etterdam has lots of questions.

Tizzy

Tizzy

That is a VERY good question, and probably one reason there are so few!

Here are the ones in the Courts and who they are “loyal” to.

[url=http://www.astlan.net/Home/CouncilofWizardryLibrary/HigherRealmsOtherWorlds/Demons/ATreatiseontheHierarchyofTheAbyss/AntefalkensUnofficialGuideToTheCourtofPrinces.aspx]Antefalken’s Unofficial Guide To The Court of Princes[/url]

One might think their liege lord would be trustworthy enough, I wouldn’t, but they might. Actually if you are a good servant that’s likely safe, because your power feeds their power (traditional feudal sort of thing)

Of course, the unaligned princes are a problem, not sure what they would do.

And of course, Lilith and Sam have real problems. Who can they trust?

I suppose I could volunteer to help them! Because who is more trustworthy than me? I can’t think of anyone.

dspring

Story Arcs we will likely see

dspring

[b]When we left book 3, there are many threads still outstanding[/b]
    [list][*]The Undead Army in the Abyss
    The Decision to support the Vampire Lord in place of the Lich Lords by the Lords of Chaos
    The Immortal Giants held prisoner by the Lich Lords
    What will happen with Talarus after the battle with the Lich Lords
    The Orc party investigating the desert to find the site of the Doomologue (including Rupert)
    The conflict with the elves over the Doomologue in Astlan (with the Grove acting as arbiters) and the elvish gods pushing for battle
    The undead invasion of the city of the Wizards
    The alliance between the Rod and the Nation of Crazy Lawyers
    The arrival of Talarus’ old girlfriend in the flying abysss traveling submarine at Nysgard – with “Sam” and what i suspect is a Mind Reaver/husband to Talarus’s old girlfriend
    The truce between the Siblings and Tom is ending soon after the Undead were driven off – what will happen next
    The fate of Senter as his cupidity becomes proven to Tiernen
    The next plan of Lilith against Tomus
    What will happen with the cloud ship/Grove/Jen/Gastrope now
    Why did Tizzy get that prisoner from the Citadel?
    What is Lenamare doing next — he has been doing a lot of prep in the background…
    The next doomologue to be opened now that Nisgard Doomologue is getting fully functional
    Other princes in the Abyss may start to engage the old/new power of Doom
    The reincarnated priests of Bast’s pantheon are going to be reborn soon
    A lot of gods owe Orcus payments for Tartarus
    Big battle – how many new orcs will be made D’Orcs after the battle outside the citadel of light? Any new Tiernen Avatars as well that become relevant to the story. The old creation rate seemed to be 1 every couple of years. Lots of reasons for Tom to create them faster now that he has the trick of it.[/list]

[b]There are also bits of foreshadowing[/b]
    [list][*]What is the trick that allows some planets to be immune to undead-ness. That seems to be important
    The monkey god of live is missing for a while – rescue needed?
    The Krakan is still restless[/list]

With Luck, we will get updates and all sorts of story goodies on all these topics.

Tizzy

Indeed, and indeed.

The PLOT thickens….

Korwin

I’ll add,
    [list][*]the Olympian gods (especially Orcus sister), and
    [*]Sutekh (isn’t he an Egyptian god?)[/list]

[quote=dspring;8089][b]When we left book 3, there are many threads still outstanding[/b]
    [list][*]The Undead Army in the Abyss
    The Decision to support the Vampire Lord in place of the Lich Lords by the Lords of Chaos
    The Immortal Giants held prisoner by the Lich Lords
    What will happen with Talarus after the battle with the Lich Lords
    The Orc party investigating the desert to find the site of the Doomologue (including Rupert)
    The conflict with the elves over the Doomologue in Astlan (with the Grove acting as arbiters) and the elvish gods pushing for battle
    The undead invasion of the city of the Wizards
    The alliance between the Rod and the Nation of Crazy Lawyers
    The arrival of Talarus’ old girlfriend in the flying abysss traveling submarine at Nysgard – with “Sam” and what i suspect is a Mind Reaver/husband to Talarus’s old girlfriend
    The truce between the Siblings and Tom is ending soon after the Undead were driven off – what will happen next
    The fate of Senter as his cupidity becomes proven to Tiernen
    The next plan of Lilith against Tomus
    What will happen with the cloud ship/Grove/Jen/Gastrope now
    Why did Tizzy get that prisoner from the Citadel?
    What is Lenamare doing next — he has been doing a lot of prep in the background…
    The next doomologue to be opened now that Nisgard Doomologue is getting fully functional
    Other princes in the Abyss may start to engage the old/new power of Doom
    The reincarnated priests of Bast’s pantheon are going to be reborn soon
    A lot of gods owe Orcus payments for Tartarus
    Big battle – how many new orcs will be made D’Orcs after the battle outside the citadel of light? Any new Tiernen Avatars as well that become relevant to the story. The old creation rate seemed to be 1 every couple of years. Lots of reasons for Tom to create them faster now that he has the trick of it.[/list]

[b]There are also bits of foreshadowing[/b]
    [list][*]What is the trick that allows some planets to be immune to undead-ness. That seems to be important
    The monkey god of live is missing for a while – rescue needed?
    The Krakan is still restless[/list]

With Luck, we will get updates and all sorts of story goodies on all these topics.

[/quote]

Iume

So Tizzy, would you be willing to be [s]bribed[/s] thanked [i]generously[/i] for providing a snippet of Book 4 Chapter 1? Say with some demon cookies or Scooby-snacks?

Tizzy

[spoiler]
    Number 1 gets answered in the opening of book 4.

Things ALSO addressed in Chapter 1: 3, 4, 9, 11, 15.

Everything else happens in the later chapters.

And of course, “addressed” is not the same thing as “resolved.”
    :d/

[/spoiler]

–Tizzy

Tizzy

Thank you! =d>

We try so hard, and so often under appreciated!

[list][*]Tizzy’s true name is in his journal (will be quite the surprise to whoever opens it and summons him)
    [*]The vampire lord had to make a deal with a demon to sire Rede (maybe Tizzy, and why he took Rede)
    [*]Tom now knows the book is important
    [*]Bess can now work with Tom and sabotage Exador
    [*]Pretty sure Tizzy gave Reggie the demon weed that started the whole thing and no-one seems to realize that (dealer toked from an old-fashioned tobacco pipe and Tizzy was upset that Reggie recognized D’weed)
    [*]100% sure that Tom’s real father wasn’t a physicist who died in a fireball (Reincarnation? Incubus spawned?)[/list]

Tizzy

:-k

Very interesting. Maybe very close. Fortunately, I can be generic enough to say that SOME are very good surmises.

But, which ones?

Gelcube

I think two of the things I’m most looking forward to are:
    1. What happens when the Inferno comes back to Mt. Doom with Tom there and the new vamps onboard.
    2. Tom finally maybe possibly getting a love interest that makes some progress!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.