Need continuous updates and spoilers Please

Welcome To Astlan Forums Into The Abyss Need continuous updates and spoilers Please

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Tizzy

yeah that would be freaky.

however, about the only people “outside the walls” were the Rod and the Oorstemothians. Both were prepared, ready, and more than just a little unbalanced as it was.

if you must know, most of the inhabitants of the city ran up to the walls and used whatever means they could to try and see through the pentacles (which were colored and obscuring things), hoping to witness a mass slaughter of the besiegers. (OK…the guys inside the wall are also more than just a little unbalanced as well).

The majority of the freak out is over what Tom did and the kidnapping of Talarius/comeuppance of the Rod.

As a consequence, there are currently bootleg mirror recordings being sold of the battle…

And Vaselle was on the wall watching, (after pursuing his demon Estrebrius making a beeline over it) and then later bought a mirror recording and played it over and over again throughout the night.

—-
    I think there might be some other humans…it’s very hard to tell over the Internet. I do know there’s been a problem with various demons posing as humans and trolling for dates…I’ve refrained from asking what happens to those that answer.

___

As for love…it’s hard to say…Tom’s been a bit preocupied with getting his footing (or hooving).

Plus he’s a single teenage father…I hear MTV is thinking of offering him a series…I suppose they’ll demand he have some romantic drama…

However, while I don’t know about Tom, I do know some other characters are feeling romantic in book 2. And no, thank the gods, I don’t mean L&J.

Of course, Antefalken will be getting “romantic” but I am sure nothing serious, so that doesn’t count either.

Rosver

I really hope Tom won’t have ‘romance’ of any kind. For one, romance isn’t really the ‘happy ever after’ people often believes it to be. Many often results to the opposite. There is a reason why ‘Love Hurts’ songs are so popular. Not to mention those murderous lovers and such.

Second, such daliances would distract Tom from doing more fun stuff, like terrorizing humans, and taking care of Rupert. Kissing scenes and sex scenes isn’t really great to read. Kisses and sex are really same old, same old, no matter who did them. Also reading pages and pages about Tom mooning over a woman or so isn’t something I would like to read about.

Third, many writers, even those said Romance writers, just write shit when it comes to romance. Their writings often just disappoints me, makes me want to vomit (the vile or the rainbow colored ones), frustrates me, or bore me to death. I had read romance novels before and I found that I rate them often with two stars or less in Goodreads.

The author really makes the call but I hope that whatever decisions are made it would not be excecuted as to cause terrible disappointment.

Zutrak

Well yeah, i think, he don’t have time to that, and would slow too much the plot. Plus he’s inmortal so he should get an inmortal partner, that seems kinda hard right now.

anyways.. about the “teenage father”.. some girls get really..um…in? turn? wet? hot? crush? attach?(choose your feeling) to/with a good caring father.

out of topic: What are you doing reading those teen of romance novels if u don’t like em?? O.O

Zutrak

Well…that was a long answer… letz strip it
    [quote=Rosver;457]
    As for reading romances. First many of the books I read isn’t ‘teen’ they are more of rated xxx, adult, though I also read lots that are for teens and even children. I read them for many reasons. One of it is that my first experience with romance books is quite positive. I liked the story very much. However this doesn’t turn out to be a majority in this genre. Most of these romances are a little better that trash. Still, I continue hoping to somehow find gold. Nope, more trash. After a few dozens of books I only found maybe three or four that I find good, others not so much.
    [/quote]
    Well, i like the genere too, but i don’t have your patience to read the other 85% of trash. the last one that i’ve read and like was 50 shades of grey. so if u have a few names i will give u a bit of my soul.
    [quote=Rosver;457]
    Second, it is also because they are one of the most prolific genre. There is almost always something new in the romance section. The other genre not so much. Not to mention, the fantasy and si-fi genre rarely sound exciting. It often is just another space opera, another superhero, another bad guys vs good guys, another guy destined to great things, another prophecy tells blah blah. Really the fantasy and sci-fi genre is also filled with mediocrity.
    [/quote]
    well that “always the same” could be said of romance too, “girl/boy meet boy/girl maybe he’s/she’s badass and or broken few pages..’fall in crush’.. few pages..fight..’few pages’..fall in love.. end. btw i don’t know your reading speed but amazon send me a few new fantasy/sci-fi books every week they’re just less known
    [quote=Rosver;457]
    Third. I actually had stopped reading romances for a long time. I hardly read any fiction for that matter. I often read now reference books especially on arts and craft, computer graphics, drawing, architecture, history, etc. These I find to rarely disappoint me. For fiction, I often reread the ones I like. And I say I read Into the Abyss and others dozens of time.
    [/quote]
    Well, that’s another kind of read, it’s like saying, what’s better? Sprite or pizza?
    [quote=Rosver;457]
    Fourth. There is always those times when you think you find some gold nuggets. Something that might be outstanding. Something that feels like you have to bet on. Then it turns out the gamble is wasted. It just really isn’t as good as it says in the cover. Also these Goodreads rating don’t really help much. Many seems to praise and give many of these books full five stars even when the story isn’t really that great after all.
    [/quote]
    Well, we all know that the rating in Goodreads isn’t trustworthy, is really hard to find a book with less than 3 stars and.. a lot of people like CocaCola, that doesn’t mean Coca is Good/Healthy or that you will like it.
    [quote=Rosver;457]
    In the end, what I learned from history (and experience) is that these romances is just unrealistic. Records has show that this love thing creates intense pain, missery and tragedy than happily ever afters. That people would soon turn against each other. Than many men and women would be unfaithful. That many would end in divorce. That many women would become single mothers. That many children would live without one or both of the parents. That some children would end killing themselves. That some of these children would start buying guns and shoot people in schools and such.
    [/quote]
    Man..that’s a really sad point of view of the life.
    Yeh..it’s true that always some1 will be hurt, that in somepoint it will end.. but.. so what?
    The important is the road not the end, you know?
    it’s a waste ignore some of the best things in the life just cuz it won’t last forever or cuz other people got hurt… those are their story and..blehblehbleh…more sentimentalism..blehbleh.. you got my point
    [quote=Rosver;457]
    The real life is far more interesting that any fiction. Reading about the Nazi camps, is far more wholesome that reading about some womanizing alpha male ‘finding’ and then fucking his mate. The struggles of the occupy movement against Wall Street, is far more meaningful that the good vs evil tropes. Studying and practicing drawing human anatomy is far more reviting than learning the spell words Harry Potter uses for blasting his enemies.[/quote]
    Yes! that’s true, it’s alot easyer to feel empaty for the characters if is based on a real life, or in our current world, but..there are LOTS of books like those..and good writers (“good” is a subjetive word, don’t harash me) are kinda hard to find (for me at least)

btw, you should read “El Legado” from bianca miosi if is translated in eng.

btw2 /offtopic: i would really like to read a book about this guy history https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6He0FWoFj0 (i post it only cuz was just looking it)

Rosver

Well I don’t do amazon much. I’m one of those people who preffer to be physically in bookstores and touching the books. Also because of my subject preferences, I actually find lots to read online. Drawing, History, Anatomy, articles and tutorials, lots of them online. And I never said that Romance is always fresh and original. romance is probably one of the most carbon-copy-like genre of all. That is why I stop reading it and often browse in other section.

As for reading speed, I was able to read Watership Down in 2 days. Each Harry Potter books in a day. And I sometimes read without sleeping.

And it is not a view of life. Everything I said was truth. Each sentence in that paragraph is true. I find people who are unaware of such things to be naive or willfully ignorant. No amount of optimism would make any of it false.

Well, I find many people quite unsympathetic to other people’s misery. Many likes to be in their happy place and believe these dark miserable world other people have lived in is an aberration of sorts. That their plight is their own fault or those can’t possibly be real and only exist in books for us to enjoy. That is what a sad, not to mention, unrealistic view of life really is.

And then, I never said that there aren’t books like those. But then, you can find more of those ‘great’ stories in real life. No fictional character and events required. No need to suspend disbelief. Reality is great author as it is.

I’ll look further into the book. Can’t find anything about it in goodreads and Google search returns Spanish. used Google translate. It seems that its about Hitler and Erik and their interest in the occult.

And the person in the video, I think he appeared in CNN. He is a really awesome guy. Many people with Down syndrome really live a hard life, often desperately hard. Many aren’t able to even live a life. Their life end while still in their mother’s belly. I’m glad that he is not aborted and found a place where he can be happy and fulfilled. Would love to read in more detail his life too.

Rosver

@ Tizzy:

Well, the events that happen is fantastic. No one would believe it is real. I even have doubts that it is real.

@ The Author Guy:

Well, I don’t really depend on the average number of stars anymore, I also look for the number of ratings, view the rating statistic and read reviews. I especially gained a lot of insight from the reviews. The rating statistic also give some info especially when it show some who dislike the book (1 or 2 stars). It usually indicates that the book has some serious flaw.

Tizzy

Yes, I like real world, non-fiction myself. Biographies and historical novels.

That’s why I think DoA:ITA is so good. It’s all real world, true events that I have witnessed myself and transcribed to the author. This way people can be assured that it’s completely factual and accurate. They have my word.

for some strange reason Amazon insisted on filing it as fantasy. It’s extremely annoying.

Grant

So just establishing after rereading the book 7 times its fantastic but big question
    Tom is a arch-demon that’s a level 5 demon (blue in the mirror) but he was bound with a level 4 spell so does this give him wriggle room to break free?
    I figure he must be one of the 3 blue spots in the mirror as Rupert was the green spot a level 4 greater demon if Rupert is a half demon and a level 4 his farther would have to be a demon prince at least?
    Did tom start as a level 4 and grow in strength to a level 5 that quickly and if so will he continue to grow to a level 6?[-o< And the biggest question can i be a Beta reader for book two Please please please [-o<

Tizzy

@Grant

yeah…there is meant to be some ambiguity in what mirror said…there are also questions…somewhere…about is Bess there and if so is she a blue?

If he really is an arch demon he could probably break the spell, or at least ignore Lenamare’s summons.

It really comes down to that spectrum of what a 4 is vs a 5 and skill, power, knowledge, luck etc.

A wizard might get lucky with a higher level demon and “one time” have a lower level spell work, if that higher level demon is weakened/tired/worn out, or depressed or stupid or just off their game.

What is pretty clear, and this isn’t really a spoiler is that given what Tom did out in the field, Lenamare (who will see the crystal balling) will not want to take the risk of summoning Tom for some time, if ever again, or at least not until really needed.

It is simply not worth the risk. However, the assumption is/will be among the Astlan crowd is that Tom was faking his status the entire time. That is the simplest explanation.

Sure…I’ll have an official sign up as it gets closer, but logging it here is a good reminder if the list starts getting full. And I have no idea how full is/will be.

yes, I like nice detailed reviews. Meaning “what was it that you liked about the story?” not just that it was “great!” I also take them with a grain of salt too given that there can be some cranky people out there. But the overall trend and averages are helpful.

Also, you ideally want a medium range of reviews/stars. Too small and there is no consensus or it may be biased. Too many and it’s just the huge crowd of group think.

Rosver

@ The Author Guy

Many books has large enough number of views, ratings and reviews so there are enough information to help make a clearer picture.

When, the book has few views/ratings, then time to look deeper. Read reviews, look at publishing date, publisher and such. There might just be a clue as to why it has so little who read. Maybe it is just bad writing (often), lack of exposure (sometimes), or a niche book (rare).

@ Tizzy and Grant

Had been puzzling over this matter too. There are lot of circumstantial evidence that Tom is a fifth order demon. There are also some indication that Bess was not there.

Still, the possibility that Tom is an Archdemon and is one of the blue lights is substantial.

One possibility is that Tom is of an order higher that five. It could explain the missing Tom. Human eyes aren’t very sensitive to violets and indigos and with hundreds of reds and oranges that could cover them up by being analogous in color, and the blue from being too striking (the eyes is sensitive to blue), missing a violet or indigo among them even if viewed multiple times is likely. A simple graphic to illustrate:

[img=http://i.imgbox.com/PSjWdKVv.jpeg]Lots of dots[/img]

There are two colors of the violet and indigo range here. Note how the blues, green and yellows stand out. Still, this possibility is unlikely as implied by Tizzy.

The other is Tom somehow doesn’t appear in the mirror in some way. We don’t really know how the mirror work so Tom might have been doing something that make it miss him or something is covering him from the mirror’s view.

The other is that he is just a low order demon really. A three or so. That would make him just blend in with the others. Still, quite wrong because there are a lot of indication that Tom isn’t three or lower.

There are still more that I had cooked up. Lot of possibilities.

Well, gotta look it up in the next book. explanation is there, probably.

Tizzy

I am still having trouble seeing the second purplish color.

So very good example, plus Talarius was on flying horseback, quite a ways up and moving around.

he was looking for an indication of demonic activity and got overwhelmed by what he saw…he then reported what he could count/remember.

So normally, I’d say human error could play a big role as well.

Except that this is Talarius afterall, and things like archdemons sort of really get his attention and he’s not likely to miss out on much….

Maou

I know this is a bit late, but I kind of like the romance written at [url]http://www.weavespinner.net/worlds_of_fel.htm[/url] as they branch of from the norm to some extent. The Sennadar universe also captured what I thought would be realistic for immortals. A mate whom you might spend years or decades with whom you leave when you start to get annoyed with their presence. You then reunite later when you can stand them again. If I was immortal I would find the Idea of spending all my life with one other person horrible. Sure I might love somebody, but I could only stand to be around them so long before things might become strained.

Humans have short lives so only a few reach the threshold where they can’t stand the one they love. Demons to maintain sanity would likely only partner with somebody else for a short period of time. Trying to force them to act like a human couple would in most cases eventually result in something similar to Adam and Lilith, but on a smaller scale. Still dangerous to be near, but not as cataclysmic. I also remember being told of a cubi in the next novel and must ask if any have ranked up to become a greater demon or higher. IT would be amusing to hear of a demonic prince(ss) of lust. The demons probably have seven assigned for the sins as i remember in their hierarchy their was a group of seven, the Supreme Septet, and it sounds like something they would do to troll with humanity. They love role-play and sin as they are immortal and damned. Also since dragons have obviously been able to integrate into Astlan, have any other demons of human or other nonhuman origin managed to sneak in unbeknownst to the superstitious Astlanians.

Tizzy

That is how most power couples work in the Abyss….you will note it sort of works that way with a lot of Gods as well.

And those that do have long marriages often have infidelity issues, won’t mention any names but a guy with a stormy temper that lives on top of a mountain comes to mind….

Well…I point out that Exador snuck in, for a really long time, Ramses did it for a couple generations and several other demons in the past ran around posing as humans…

Maou

I know some demonic offspring only kept a few demonic traits so are their any groups of people that just happen to have demonic traits among the human/sentient population in large numbers. Like a gathering of freaks, outcast, and misfits.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.