Need continuous updates and spoilers Please

Welcome To Astlan Forums Into The Abyss Need continuous updates and spoilers Please

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Tizzy

Hmmm

That books sounds pretty much like that book Lenamare is trying to open.

Given that you are a lawyer, you are probably of Oorstemothian descent. Have you checked all your treasure vaults? Lenamare’s minions stole this book from a dungeon in Ooorstemoth. Maybe it was one of your dungeons?

Just saying you might want to check.

Tizzy

Hmm,

Sounds like a good idea…but I need to do some research. If that Staff of Ecstasy will get me what I want without any more acid burns to my privates, then it would be purrfect!

On the bright side, no need for a second volume now that we know what is in [u][i][b]The Book[/b][/i][/u]!

I’ll let the author know that the game is up and he can start writing about sparkly vampires or something else that’s infuriatingly inane.

🙂

Lucifer

They stole my Book! Those BASTARDS! Tizzy, would you be willing to loan Tom to me for..say…a day? As we all know, you are his unequivocal lord and master and I daresay he could never resist your…charm. Yes, let’s call it ‘charm’. In exchange for Tom’s services I offer you the Staff of Ecstasy. I’ll leave you to guess what it is and does.
    Do we have a deal?

Jonnyboi

Twilight was a good book, but I stopped after the first book. It was a good book with great writing, it’s just that…my manhood couldnt take the radiating romance formed from the pits of a woman’s heart.

I don’t ever want to experience all that ever again.

Rosver

Now the author will be writing Vampires vs Werewolves I guess?

Well, there isn’t really much of an avenue of originality, the ‘not been done before,’ when it comes to wrting. Still, it is much better than the Twilight Turd.:-&

Tizzy

Well, I know I don’t like them…

Talarius seems to have a strange obsession with vampires…maybe someday we’ll hear a short story about him slaying the vermin.

That is assuming he lives through his captivity to tell the tales…

I’ve got a bad case of the munchies and could go for a mid-Knight snack!

Tizzy

Well, there isn’t much originality when it comes to this author. he’s literally just transcribing what I tell him.

However, he actually does have a very different take on werewolves, but that book is no where near done, he’s only written about 400 pages so far.

But again no originality, he’s employing a seer to scry into the future and recite the story to him….sheesh…

Rosver

Well that is cheating.

Still, if the story is good… why not?

And his making lots of $ for that i guess.

Tizzy

[quote]And his making lots of $ for that i guess.[/quote]

Yeah, well, some things in publishing haven’t changed going to e-books. Yes, royalty per book is a lot better, but distribution is much more limited…

The secret to making a living as an author is the same as it’s every been….build up a big back catalog, each book having a small but long lasting revenue stream; get enough books and all the little streams add up to something one can live on…

The one thing that has changed on that front is that Amazon’s (and BN,Apple) book shelves are infinitely long…that’s what used to screw traditional authors…you had to maintain a minimum sales volume to keep your books in print and on the shelves….

Jonnyboi

I don’t mind waiting for the book. :^o

I got a question for you Tizzy, if it’s not too much to ask for a hint of a spoiler.
    How does the priests, the sky people on those flying ships, and the mage council respond to Tom’s possession of several High priest and a large amount of Rod members.

If i remember correctly he hijacked several high priest and sucked them dry and then proceeded to subvert the Rod and make them fight amongst themselves while he wreaked Talarius.

Maou

How long will the second book be, if you are going for speed it’s long enough, but when did he start typing the book, if it started after the first was published he types fast. and once more i suggest beta testing for small typos and minor critique to better express your thoughts for the novel.

Tizzy

Ok, now you have me confused 8-[

You are also a vampire? I thought you were an even higher/worse form of Evil, a Lawyer?

I mean, why would a Lawyer be slumming as a Vampire, is it sort of like “Undercover Boss” or something?

You know, where the CEO pretends to be a fry cook?

You know the only thing more evil than a Lawyer is an Investment Banker.

Yes, I know some say politicians, but those spineless sycophants are more like larvae, able to be molded into whatever toadying lapdog their dark corporate masters require.

Lucifer

[quote=Tizzy;367]

Vampires are godless, vicious, bloody, killing machines without heart, soul, compassion or remorse. .

You know “good folks” really fun to party with.

[/quote]
    Thanks for the compliments Tizzy but I disagree about being bloody and without ‘heart’. First, being a messy eater might be entertaining to scare prey but it’s ultimately impractical. Second, I have ‘heart’ but I can assure you it’s shriveled and dead–like my ex-wives. And third, the lack of soul, compassion or remorse usually follows being a lawyer so it’s kind of redundant. But really, thanks anyway.

Tizzy

Well, that would certainly be true in any town or city other than Freehold.

But Freehold is pretty much the only city on the planet where you can see demons walking down the street. A number of wizards have demons in their regular service who aren’t in the palace. For example Vaselle often sends Estrebrius out on various errands around the city, not that different than a Roman slave. Of course he’s got a collar on, identifying him as bound and who he belongs to. Oh wait, you haven’t met them yet. Sorry.

So the freakout is more about the scale and number of the demons. And a lot of that blame will be upon the Council. I.e. the first assumption, since a huge percent came from the Council palace is that the council was using way too many demons to be safe.

As things come out, obviously people will start to freak, but the Council’s PR engine will be in overdrive.

Jonnyboi

Hysteria? Witch hunts?

I am guessing that there’s going to be a massive “demon scare” that causes people to turn on their neighbors.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.