Fantasy – Book Recommendations

Welcome To Astlan Forums Fantasy Fantasy – Book Recommendations

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    Tizzy

[quote=GameGraphix;6586][quote=Gelcube;6584]And what the hell is up with Anderle? He’s been putting out a book a month for years. Does the man sleep, like, at ALL?[/quote]

He’s probably a demon from the Abyss – they don’t need to sleep.

Tizzy – you ever heard of a demon named Michaleanderle???

[/quote]

Smells like brown sugar and vanilla. Very weird.

Tizzy

[quote=Zeravar;6587][/quote]

OOPS!

“You may need to skip several sections in Volume 4. No reason. Just saying. Might be some monkey business going on.”

[/quote]

Oh? I guess Singkun will be talking in those chapters? Hmm… I wonder if there’ll be a new Loki to join Tizzy and Singkun[/quote]

I should hope, I miss him so much. Gods (literally) he was fun to hang out with. Man could drink a Saint of Tiernon under the table!

Tizzy

Well at least your floors are clean with them sliding around everywhere.

Humans have to attach fluffy dust rags to their offspring to get them to clean the floors as they crawl around, gelatinous cubes have it so much easier.

Zeravar

[quote=Tizzy;6595]Well at least your floors are clean with them sliding around everywhere.

Humans have to attach fluffy dust rags to their offspring to get them to clean the floors as they crawl around, gelatinous cubes have it so much easier.[/quote]

True, yet how does one make more gelatinous cubes? Are they split off the original? Is there a Mrs. Gelcube at home? :-k

Iume

[quote=Gelcube;6593]
    I looked at The Contractor, but the blurb didn’t hook me. I’ll check it out. Thank The Slimy One I have Kindle Unlimited. At current book prices, my book budget would equal my food budget…and I have three cube-lets at home![/quote]

Contractor was a book that was so predictable that I could play Cliché Bingo using it and win before I finished. Not that it was “bad” writing.

Tizzy

Stealth Frogs? Do they sneak up on flies?

Not sure what a not demon demon is, an N’D’Demon?

Possibly a Faux Demon? or “Oh they aren’t Demons!”™

Gelcube

[quote=Zeravar;6596]
    True, yet how does one make more gelatinous cubes? Are they split off the original? Is there a Mrs. Gelcube at home? :-k [/quote]

Weeelll, we can do it either way. Personally, there is a Mrs. Cube in our dungeon. Let’s just say there are Pseudopods involved, and leave it to your imagination. It’ll have to be imagination, because not even Googling “Gelatinous Cube Rule 34” gives much of anything.

EyeDeKay

[quote=Tizzy;6599]Stealth Frogs? Do they sneak up on flies?

Not sure what a not demon demon is, an N’D’Demon?

[/quote]

The only member of the Klide (stealth frog) is a tall thin man with a puke colored suite, a frog head, a cane, and a top hat. The only concrete thing we and the mc know about them is that they have a ability to completely disappear from magic sense of any type. They give this power to The Contractors they make. Hence stealth frogs.

I call them not demon demons because they have no relation to each other. They’re essential a collection of alien races termed demons. They also don’t live in hell and are space fairing.

Tizzy

What is the dragon a foster dragon? I assume when you say people, you mean non-dragons.

Gelcube

No, his family are dragons…they just aren’t nice (by human standards). The MC is more human-y. Personally, I liked the bloodthirsty back-stabbing dragons in his family.

EyeDeKay

[quote=Tizzy;6678]What is the dragon a foster dragon? I assume when you say people, you mean non-dragons. [/quote]

More like horrible dragons, but i try not to be so racist. #DragonLivesMatter /s

Gelcube

Hmm. That looks interesting. Though I wish it was on KU, or that it wasn’t quite as expensive.

Gelcube

[quote=The Author Guy;6703]Yes, but he’s a pretty new author, first book was in October 2016. Don’t think he has figured out the advantages of KU yet, nor price optimization.

Price a bit less, sell a lot more, make a lot more. And KU, as I keep saying is a great deal for authors…unless you have some magical way of getting your book noticed on the apple bookstore, BN or playstore.

[/quote]

Yes, you kind of have to be REALLY invested in the Kindle ecosystem, and/or be involved in the behind-the-scenes author stuff (like Tizzy Talk) to kind of understand the metrics involved. And a new writer is probably interested in getting the book out there.

Think I’ll wait a bit and see if the author will have a sale or something.

Most people will eventually get a clue and come around so that’s a good plan on your part.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.